Should Glory sign Badr Hari? Vote here!

Glory doesn't have enough money for Hari. Maybe if they will make him a co-owner of their promotion.

^perfect example of Hari nuthugger, that's why i wanted him to get knocked out last night. Maybe next time, if they get a half decent fighter in there.

They should sign Hari if they can use him as they want.

As for the money Hari got last night, 200k, isn't Spong already getting around that? Aren't there other fighters that get above 100k? As for the tournament prize, 300k, Glory's 4 man HW tourney was 250k so what exactly is the problem? He would have got 450k instead of 500k wow ... I suspect Glory does not want to pay that kind of money as a result of Hari's mediocre performances against Silva, 2x Samedov and Ignashov.

If they can sign cokedealer Hesdey gerges than they should sign streetfigher Badr!
Was it proven legally that Gerges is a coke dealer?

Hari is too inconsistant and volatile in the ring, has too much criminal history and would want too much money.
Baukaw is the name Glory needs on their roster!

^perfect example of Hari nuthugger, that's why i wanted him to get knocked out last night. Maybe next time, if they get a half decent fighter in there.

They should sign Hari if they can use him as they want.

As for the money Hari got last night, 200k, isn't Spong already getting around that? Aren't there other fighters that get above 100k? As for the tournament prize, 300k, Glory's 4 man HW tourney was 250k so what exactly is the problem? He would have got 450k instead of 500k wow ... I suspect Glory does not want to pay that kind of money as a result of Hari's mediocre performances against Silva, 2x Samedov and Ignashov.

Was it proven legally that Gerges is a coke dealer?

The thing is RTL(Netherlands) transmit every Hari's fight, but they aren't interested in GLORY :)) Badr Hari is WAY more known than enitre Glory and all glory's fighters put together. He probably will fight in Legend next(I heard that will be in july) and than in the big final(global fc) .

The thing is RTL(Netherlands) transmit every Hari's fight, but they aren't interested in GLORY :)) Badr Hari is WAY more known than enitre Glory and all glory's fighters put together. He probably will fight in Legend next(I heard that will be in july) and than in the big final(global fc) .

Hari is temporary Glory is forever... meaning, hopefully Glory stays around for a long time. Even if Hari can create a buss where he goes around it will only last as long as his career lasts. Glory is planning long term, and like the UFC, they should build a brand that is stronger than any one single fighter.

If what you say is true, that the Hari brand is stronger than the Glory brand, then they should be very careful in signing him. Better to build up their own fighters and diss anyone outside Glory, Dana White style.

What UFC is constantly working on is keeping the UFC brand stronger than any single fighter. Dana White is the UFCs biggest star. As a business this is where Glory wants to be.

This might mean leaving Hari alone and wait until he becomes irrelevant, kind of how UFC dealt with Fedor. They never gave in to Fedors demands and lucky for them Fedor's demise was on fast track right after that. Now he is irrelevant.

UFC is personified in Dana White, Bellator in Bjorn... who is Glory's personified by? Nobody it seems. Although they are pushing Cor Hemmers as match-maker.

Last edited:
Hari is temporary Glory is forever... meaning, hopefully Glory stays around for a long time. Even if Hari can create a buss where he goes around it will only last as long as his career lasts. Glory is planning long term, and like the UFC, they should build a brand that is stronger than any one single fighter.

If what you say is true, that the Hari brand is stronger than the Glory brand, then they should be very careful in signing him. Better to build up their own fighters and diss anyone outside Glory, Dana White style.

What UFC is constantly working on is keeping the UFC brand stronger than any single fighter. Dana White is the UFCs biggest star. As a business this is where Glory wants to be.

This might mean leaving Hari alone and wait until he becomes irrelevant, kind of how UFC dealt with Fedor. They never gave in to Fedors demands and lucky for them Fedor's demise was on fast track right after that. Now he is irrelevant.

UFC is personified in Dana White, Bellator in Bjorn... who is Glory's personified by? Nobody it seems. Although they are pushing Cor Hemmers as match-maker.

ufc had a long struggle before they got out on top.....and they had huge draws as well from a couple of fighters......shamrock vs tito among other fighters

Hari is a proven draw......he fills arena's and boosts tv ratings. Add to that that he can break markets wide open that are hard to get into

maybe not the States but in Europe/Africa/Asia/Middle-East he's a HUGE draw

and I bet in the States as well.....he has the Nick/Nate Diaz persona but he murders people. He's tailor made for the casual fight fan. Goes in for the kill and gets it 9 out of 10 times.

ufc had a long struggle before they got out on top.....and they had huge draws as well from a couple of fighters......shamrock vs tito among other fighters

Hari is a proven draw......he fills arena's and boosts tv ratings. Add to that that he can break markets wide open that are hard to get into

maybe not the States but in Europe/Africa/Asia/Middle-East he's a HUGE draw

and I bet in the States as well.....he has the Nick/Nate Diaz persona but he murders people. He's tailor made for the casual fight fan. Goes in for the kill and gets it 9 out of 10 times.

I completely agree, but, he comes with a very heavy price tag and he is VERY unreliable.

...either way he wont last forever. At some point he will be irrelevant. Glory needs a strategy where they don't put all the eggs in the "Hari basket". If he is ridiculously expensive AND if his value to Glory comes and goes with him being in the org they should heavily consider what his long term value to the company will be, plus the risks he poses (unreliability).

Look at how Dana handled Brock, for major TV show appearances it seemed Dana was always there standing next to Brock. making sure that any attention on Brock was attention on him as well (attention on Dana = attention on UFC's brand). No one was ever in doubt UFC/Dana was the bigger boss in that relationship.

Big super stars like Hari should be handled with the right strategy.

I hope they sign him because I want him to see him fight in Glory and make Glory even bigger. Kickboxing needs a strong org. like Glory to become a bigger sport.

According to Badr's Facebook (one never knows if he is really running this fb-account) Glory only offered him coins but he is only interested in "Arab dollars"...

According to Badr's Facebook (one never knows if he is really running this fb-account) Glory only offered him coins but he is only interested in "Arab dollars"...

well according to you it is his account, since he already signed with glory?

still waiting for that BIG surprise @ glory 17

I hope Glory just ignores him and try building own big names. As somebody said before Badrs fame will only last a short time.

Let's assume Hari can get back on track and get in his best possible shape.

Glory would have a huge benefit by having Hari on board. There is no spectacular fighter like Hari. And the top level in Glory could use a boost. Top level at Glory at the moment is lower than K1 level in the past.

Let's assume Hari can get back on track and get in his best possible shape.

Glory would have a huge benefit by having Hari on board. There is no spectacular fighter like Hari. And the top level in Glory could use a boost. Top level at Glory at the moment is lower than K1 level in the past.

K-1 was HW and Max, Glory is on par with Max, talent wise. The problem with HW is that the level of HW as whole inside and outside Glory is not what it's has been. Hari alone doesn't change that. Don't forget that Hari has never even won a K-1 GP. You could argue he was never even the best HW at any point. Hari joining Glory wont make it the same as in K-1s best days. We will just have to wait for better HWs to come around.

what's all this crap that Glory can't grow bigger with their brand and have Hari along with them

you make it seem so black and white: it's either marketing hari or marketing glory

they both benefit from each other clueless posters. What a load of croc.

The only thing that can fuck this up, is Hari himself. But if he really matures and focusses on fighting, both Hari and Glory can benefit

and good luck waiting for awesome heavywegihts to come along. There are no fighters like Hari out there in the HW division, he is bar none the biggest draw in stand up fighting.

what promotion would not want that? The comparison with fedor is weak......fedor has never proven to be a huge draw.......he wasn't on affliction or strikeforce.\

Hari proved around the world that he's a draw. Glory would definately benefit from that.

K-1 was HW and Max, Glory is on par with Max, talent wise. The problem with HW is that the level of HW as whole inside and outside Glory is not what it's has been. Hari alone doesn't change that. Don't forget that Hari has never even won a K-1 GP. You could argue he was never even the best HW at any point. Hari joining Glory wont make it the same as in K-1s best days. We will just have to wait for better HWs to come around.

Hari alone will off course change that. He won't change it from low level to high level. But he will change it in the right direction.

Well being the best in K1 was hard. It's nothing like boxing where you can have rulers who win everything for a decade or two. So it doesn't even matter. What matters is that Badr was able to win against everyone, and only a few others were able to do the same. So he belongs to the very best. Apart from that, what also matters (even more important) is the ways in which he wins his fights.

Glory shouldn"t be associated with this kind of fighters in my opinion! You see all the problems in the Netherlands because of crime. After all, Badr Hari in this moment isn"t a big kickboxer anymore. I haven"t liked his fitness last night. Moreover, if they decide to sign him, then they better have antidoping.

If they can sign cokedealer Hesdey gerges than they should sign streetfigher Badr!

Gerges isn"t a cokedealer, stop talking like this! He was released, innocent.

He's too expensive. They shouldn't waste the money...

Glory were smart to offer him only some peanuts. :)

what's all this crap that Glory can't grow bigger with their brand and have Hari along with them

you make it seem so black and white: it's either marketing hari or marketing glory

they both benefit from each other clueless posters. What a load of croc.

The only thing that can fuck this up, is Hari himself. But if he really matures and focusses on fighting, both Hari and Glory can benefit

and good luck waiting for awesome heavywegihts to come along. There are no fighters like Hari out there in the HW division, he is bar none the biggest draw in stand up fighting.

what promotion would not want that? The comparison with fedor is weak......fedor has never proven to be a huge draw.......he wasn't on affliction or strikeforce.\

Hari proved around the world that he's a draw. Glory would definately benefit from that.

No, read what I write. I'm not saying any of that, I say they should sign him.

Bob Sapp is a draw should they sign Sapp too? In my comparison I'm not saying that the situation is the same, just that Glory should never be in a position where their existence rely on a fighter like Hari, or any other one fighter for that matter.

Anyway, that might be irrelevant for this discussion. I hope they sign Hari, I have my doubts if Hari can still hang with the best HW in Glory though.

Hari alone will off course change that. He won't change it from low level to high level. But he will change it in the right direction.

Well being the best in K1 was hard. It's nothing like boxing where you can have rulers who win everything for a decade or two. So it doesn't even matter. What matters is that Badr was able to win against everyone, and only a few others were able to do the same. So he belongs to the very best. Apart from that, what also matters (even more important) is the ways in which he wins his fights.

The Hari of now will get smoked by the best in Glory, imo.

I think Glory should just give up on Hari imo. He is content with fighting old has-beens for oil money and I don't think Glory wants a facestomping incident. The thing is, is that Hari is a popular fighter and a draw, but i don't think he is worth it for Glory. He is expensive, hasn't looked great in a while, big chance he will do some shit again, and his fame won't last forever.

Back