Should Glory sign Badr Hari? Vote here!

Glory is shitting their pants that Hari knocks out their best fighters and then leaves in a dispute or stuff.

No matter what people vote, they won

Has he been convicted for trading coke? Did they even find coke at his house?

it was an investigastion against his brother I believe.....Gerges was cleared from charges but he stated himself that he had 'wrong friends'....he got away with it probably

he has also been convicted for putting a guy in coma when he was much younger....he used to work outside laying pavements/streets (dunno the english word for that profession) and had a dispute with someone and kncoekd him into a coma, he served jail time for that

I know about the Gerges incident, just wanted to call this stupid dipshit out on it.

Glory shouldn"t be associated with this kind of fighters in my opinion! You see all the problems in the Netherlands because of crime. After all, Badr Hari in this moment isn"t a big kickboxer anymore. I haven"t liked his fitness last night. Moreover, if they decide to sign him, then they better have antidoping.

Glory were smart to offer him only some peanuts. :)

I am sure that there are bunch of fighters with criminal history and present on Glory roster so that argumentation is bullshit.

Badr Hari is no. 1 name in world of kickboxing without doubt so I understand that he wants to get paid. And also making it like Hari is only one using steroids is ridiculous.

That argumentation is bullshit.

It"s not my decision anyway. You have an opinion, I have an opinion. I don"t care too much as long Glory will have antidoping.

I am sure that there are bunch of fighters with criminal history and present on Glory roster so that argumentation is bullshit.

I can tell you from my country that nobody had ties in crime. The same from Croatia, both Cro Cop and Mladen. Rico, Braddock and Edwards also serious? Please tell me those with criminal history? In Glory?

And also making it like Hari is only one using steroids is ridiculous.

But he was caught, others weren"t! Except Overeem.

Exactly

No Badr, no legitimacy

This.

The HW divisionin Glory is really weak, especially comparfed to the other weight classes. Rudelb (Spong) doesn't want Hari in Glory because he knows Ghita has to face him then. He'll do anything to protect Ghita. All of Ghita's losses can be explained by lame excuses.

Verhoeven is going around saying that he's the nr 1 in the world and Ghita is going around saying that he is the nr 1 but they both have alot to prove

Ghita is 0-2 against Saki and 0-1 against Verhoeven....Verhoeven hasn't achioeved anything compared to Hari.

If they both think they are the clear cut nr 1.....there can't be a knock out artist fighting in another org. It makes Glory look weaker.

They should definitely sign him, he is arguably the most exciting heavyweight in kickboxing and has the potential of knocking out almost anyone in the division (or being stopped by anyone) due to his high risk style of fighting. There is obviously the possibility of bad press but it would definitely be worth it to have such an entertaining fighter within the promotion.

Spong doesn't want Hari in Glory because he knows Ghita has to face him then.

This isn"t true, I give my word! I"m honest guy, I explained why. I would love to see Ghiță vs. Hari, but with antidoping. Secondly, I can"t support guys who are bad for the humanity like him. It"s called "sport".

This isn"t true, I give my word! I"m honest guy, I explained why. I would love to see Ghiță vs. Hari, but with antidoping. Secondly, I can"t support guys who are bad for the humanity like him. It"s called "sport".

antidoping bwahahahahahaha

kickboxing and muay thai are riddled with doping.....your hero who trains Ghita, Aerts......has been accused of usage of doping alot of times before but since there's no testing, he never got caught

hari also never pissed hot

we all know they use.....the majority of them. aerts had a belly for like 10 years and all of a sudden he's shredded like a body builder with purple skin in his fight against overeem

jlb has been roiding for years and of course never got caught in no-testin japan

so if you want them to be clean.....they would have to take random test, olympic style

because cycling isn't all that hard either

a clean sport at this moment is plain bullshit

Glory doesn't have enough money for Hari. Maybe if they will make him a co-owner of their promotion.

seems like a fair trade in exchange for someone who is unlikely to be able to get a visa to fight in the USA, where the Glory operation is focused

i mean seriously, what are you thinking??

seems like a fair trade in exchange for someone who is unlikely to be able to get a visa to fight in the USA, where the Glory operation is focused

i mean seriously, what are you thinking??

well I imagined he was being sarcastic.......to make a fighter co-owner just to sign and pay him is ridiculous

glory does have the money to pay him, because he'll be worth it.....a shitload of violent highlight reel ko's alone is enough to market him to the american audience

never mind his international allure and do or die approach.....glory is clearly missing something now that other promotions are starting to garner attention.....Legend and GFC may not be Glory but they have big russian and arab petrol money and Glory has left enough good fighters outside their roster for other promotions to buld something

Hari has marketablity written all over him and this has been the case in a long time....

Glory needs Buakaw, Sittichai, Hari, Khamal and Souwer

those names will add value to other promotions and take away the legitimacy that glory has........Khamal because he's a hybrid fighter in style and in weight......usefull in alot of ways

Buakaw because he's one of the best 70kg fighters ever..........not so much for Souwer anymore but he's a must as well

Sittichai is impressive and is making an international name for him outside of Glory......he could very well be the best at lightweight or maybe even feather weight?

and Hari.....well because he is Badr Hari

This.
Ghita is 0-2 against Saki and 0-1 against Verhoeven....Verhoeven hasn't achioeved anything compared to Hari.

Verhoeven won the closest replacement of a K-1 WGP we have, with Saki and Ghita participating in that tournament too. Meanwhile Hari hasn't actually achieved anything of the kind.

I get know what you mean though...it's sorta like JLB never won a big tournament but he is still an absolute legend and (was) a beast of a fighter and nobody in their right mind could say otherwise.

...but you are still wrong and can't just ignore Verhoevens tournament win. Dude is young and has achieved a lot even by just winning that tournament.

Last edited:
^perfect example of Hari nuthugger, that's why i wanted him to get knocked out last night. Maybe next time, if they get a half decent fighter in there.

They should sign Hari if they can use him as they want.

As for the money Hari got last night, 200k, isn't Spong already getting around that? Aren't there other fighters that get above 100k? As for the tournament prize, 300k, Glory's 4 man HW tourney was 250k so what exactly is the problem? He would have got 450k instead of 500k wow ... I suspect Glory does not want to pay that kind of money as a result of Hari's mediocre performances against Silva, 2x Samedov and Ignashov.

Do you know that Hari was released from prison three weeks before Samedov's fight? He was for 7 months in prison and he had only 3 weeks of freedom to train for samedov. Yet, he put a huge beating on Samedov. That's incredible ! After 7 months of prison and only 3 weeks of freedom, he beat the shit out of Samedov. Against ignashov he looks good. His footwork was amazing and Iggy didn't even touch him. We all know that no one can KO ignashov. And by the way, badr did better against ignashov than Schilt did in 2009.

It"s not my decision anyway. You have an opinion, I have an opinion. I don"t care too much as long Glory will have antidoping.

I can tell you from my country that nobody had ties in crime. The same from Croatia, both Cro Cop and Mladen. Rico, Braddock and Edwards also serious? Please tell me those with criminal history? In Glory?

I would just name those known as Melvin Manhoef who was in jail in Croatia, Shemsi Beqiri and there are few others. Also you don't know how many fighters have been in front of judge or in jail because of violence. You can see on Melvin's shoulder a tattoo from jail

As a fan I say they should. I would love to see him fight the top dogs to see how he does.

Hopefully they can make an agreement. Maybe one or 2 fights in 2014 (Paris?)
No need to make a multi-fight deal. Other Glory fighters (Groenhart, Manhoef) are already allowed to fight with other promotions like: Legend, Superkombat etc.

Hopefully they can make an agreement. Maybe one or 2 fights in 2014 (Paris?)
No need to make a multi-fight deal. Other Glory fighters (Groenhart, Manhoef) are already allowed to fight with other promotions like: Legend, Superkombat etc.

Doubt Glory would want such a deal with Badr. Let's say he fought 2x for Glory, beats Verhoeven and Ghita...people like him...then K-1 swoops in. Oh well only lost our biggest star to a rival promotion. K-1 might be a joke for a lot of people here but they have shown in single instances they can attract major names over Glory, like Buakaw for example.

Groenhart and Manhoef aren't anywheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere near Badr in name value. Obviously not knowing how their deals actually are, I'd assume fighting for other promotions is at Glory's discretion. If Legend or Superkombat ever piss off Glory or become big rivals I doubt Glory fighters can so easily fight for them anymore.

Last edited:
Doubt Glory would want such a deal with Badr. Let's say he fought 2x for Glory, beats Verhoeven and Ghita...people like him...then K-1 swoops in. Oh well only lost our biggest star to a rival promotion. K-1 might be a joke for a lot of people here but they have shown in single instances they can attract major names over Glory, like Buakaw for example.

Groenhart and Manhoef aren't anywheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere near Badr in name value. Obviously not knowing how their deals actually are, I'd assume fighting for other promotions is at Glory's discretion. If Legend or Superkombat ever piss off Glory or become big rivals I doubt Glory fighters can so easily fight for them anymore.

Mmm I don't think they will match Badr up against Rico or Ghita in his first Glory-fight. Maybe he will first fight against Zimmerman or Adegbuyi. Badr still needs to do things step by step because yesterday he had n't really high level opponents.

Of course this is pure speculation but lets wait how things will develop.

Do you know that Hari was released from prison three weeks before Samedov's fight? He was for 7 months in prison and he had only 3 weeks of freedom to train for samedov. Yet, he put a huge beating on Samedov. That's incredible !
Not even a month of training? Wow... :eek:

Back