• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Should Fedor have quit at 32 years old

He’s right though man, Fedor getting KO’d by Mitrione doesn’t change what he did before, I think you missed his point.

No, but getting starched 3 straight times at 33 certainly affects GOAT status.

He compared 33 year-old Fedor to 39 year-old MJ.

And 39 year-old MJ was still better than 33 year-old Fedor.

Lol except GSP didn't quit at age 32. Both men fought a middleweight opponent at age 36 TS.

The only difference was that one was heavyweight his whole career and the other was a welterweight. Oh yeah the other difference was how it ended.

36yo GSP:
Georges-St-Pierre-chokes-Michael-Bisping-875623.jpg

36yo Fedor:
10_Fedor_Henderson_14.jpg

GSP = GOAT.
I consider GSP retired at 32. He didn't fight anyone for 4 years then had 1 fight. If Bisping wasn't holding a belt GSP would still have never fought. You know this, that's why GSP quit again.

If he decides to bring his grappling back for the Mir Fight i will kill his trainer

Great thread ts! It raises the question: Should GSP have fought in a second level fight organization like Pride like Fedor did, instead of fighting in the UFC? This way he would have a bunch of KO and he would be worshipped.
Pride was the premier organization at the time lol noob

Tyson should have retired after Spinks at 22. Just look at how much he declined in 10 years . Flat Footed, 50 percent less head movement, less combos..and still only 32.

I think Fedor lost interest or didn't have near as much. Coming from humble beginnings, becomes a millionaire and not a materialist. I can see how it happened.

I think he should have quit after Brett Rogers gave him trouble. He had clearly lost his drive when he found God. He looked vulnerable against Arlovski before he wrecked him.

I think next to Chuck, Fedor probably had the most precipitous fall from prime. Even compared to Brett Rogers, he looked 'stook in da mud' as Conor likes to say.

Compare everything Fedor from Pride to Fedor in Strikeforce:
Strikeforce Fedor is totally flatfooted, has poor grappling (esp. for a Sambo champion), and was a major headhunter (which sans Rogers, was ineffective)

Pride Fedor reversed young Nogueira, GnPd young Nogueira for 20mins, outstruck super Crocop, and tossed every opponent onto the mat seemingly at will.

Chuck conversely, just had his lazy technique exploited when his chin exploded and got viciously KO'd repeatedly. In retrospect, Fedor should've retired after Affliction for his pride's sake, but everyone would still be calling for him to fight. So I'm glad he kept fighting, so at least we know how it ends.

Probably should have called it a day after the Rogers fight. He was already showing signs of slowing down. Just didn’t seem nearly as into the sport by then.

I concur. The signs were there, and he no longer looked like the savage he was when he was younger. He took so many heavyweight shots, I don't know how he stayed dominant as long as he did. He had a series of injuries, and who knows what was going on in his head.

GSP’s legacy?

Even some of his most ardent supporters are calling him a pussy now.

Fedor obviously felt he didn’t need to retire. Ended up losing 3 fights in a row

Yeah, not looking forward to seeing Frank (who I also am a fan of) ko old Fedor who really has no business being in the Bellator tournament to begin with, especially after getting starched by Mitrione

I don't even think he could beat Cheick Kongo at this point really

Dude is a fighter tho and some guys are just too stubborn to know when to call it a day

This is Bellator after all and couldn't they try to build him back up and give him a winnable fight like they did Sergei K? That's what I think they should do

He's ruining his record at this point.. I am glad that Coker let's him promote himself and the company by doing these tours and events to put some money in his pocket but I do not think he has a prayer in this tournament to be honest

But back to the subject, both Dan and Bigfoot were on steroids and that likely had an impact on the outcome of both those losses

He lost 3 in a row, came back to WIN 3 in a row, THAT is where he should've called it a career. Everything now is just sad to see

Would have made being a fan and goat advocate easier if Fedor retired before Werdum. Fedor should do what Fedor wants to do.

Jordan was BY FAR the best player in the game at 32. He was Finals MVP at 35.

Idiotic comparison.
You comparing a professional fighter and a professional basketball players primes based on age alone is idiotic , I didn't mention age whatsoever , in Jordans prime he was by far the best player in the game , during Fedor's prime he was by far the best fighter in the game ...age has nothing to do with it .

No, but getting starched 3 straight times at 33 certainly affects GOAT status.

He compared 33 year-old Fedor to 39 year-old MJ.

And 39 year-old MJ was still better than 33 year-old Fedor.
No dipshit , I compared prime Fedor and Prime MJ and complete body of work , not their ages .

He did and has just been fighting for a cheque since, his fans just can’t accept it.

Just personal guesswork you can write off as fanboy talk if you want but my feeling is his motivation really dropped off after Affliction.

There he was fighting guys like Sylvia, Arlovski and should have been Barnett, basically matches that had been hyped for years. Werdum in retrospect is a big fight but at the time it really wasn't on the same level as those other names.

'Fedor should have retired after the Roger's fight.'

Had he beat Werdum, it would be 'Fedor should have retired after the Fabricio fight'

Had he lost to Roger' s it would be 'Fedor should have retired after the Arlovski fight'.

Typical sherdog

Doesn’t matter.

Fedor, Aldo, Anderson, DJ > GSP

Back