• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Should Dana stop fighters crossing the line with attacks on family members?

Trained and competed huh?

Lol at trying to flex in a karate forum brah. You obviously just shit talking like Colby. Right now, all you is, is a yellow carded 2022 noob account lmao.
Tell yourself whatever you need to to feel better about your timid soul.
What kind of loser judges someone off of when their account started?!

Umm... Colby being on a UFC press conference IS him at work. Colby Covington doing media IS him at work.

Im not saying i agree with TS but this is the worst take in the thread so far.
Fight promotion is part of the job. I understand you don’t get that, since you never had the courage to compete in MMA or even seriously train.
Eyeballs watching the fights is the name of the game. How uninitiated bafoons like you don’t get that is comical.

Bitch made attitude. Can't have it both ways. Either TS is right and the UFC should police shit talking, or the fighters should talk all the shit they want and face the consequences.

If I go up to a random man and talk shit about his kids, his dead grandma, being all hostile and vile with my mouth, i expect to get shanked or atleast being hit.

What the world should or shouldn't be doesn't matter to what is reality.
Talking shit is not against the law, asswipe. Assault is. That’s reality.

Yeah Mayorga said some vile shit to De la hoya lol. Boxing catched some bad headlines back then.

It is what it is. He got embarassed later on. Just as Colby got embarassed by Leon, and is keeping embarrassing himself.

Just don't want anyone crying when he gets beat up by Masvidal and his goons again
You seem to disregard the law which makes intellectually dishonest.
Talking shit= Legal. Assault= Illegal.
I’d write in in crayon for you, but you ate all of them already.

Lol no.

Jesus, you guys act like Colby went to the guy's house at night to harass his dad and was planting drugs on him. He made a passing comment about the guy's dad being a drug dealer at a pre fight press conference, and everybody cried without ever mentioning why nobody is allowed to bring up a drug dealer even in passing.

I dont like this kind of shit at all.

But they should not be censored.

You wanna go there,OK,then you gotta pay for it. But Dana and the UFC shouldnt get involved in that. The universe will take care of itself.

My thought is that DW should not do anything. Maybe after he's done the UFC could consider a decency clause. DW attempting something would lack credibility. I'd like to see him do less, not more.

freedom of speech means the government gives you the right to say what you want, , unless it is hate speech and encites violene of course. Freedome of speech does not force private companies to allow you to say whatever the fuck you want about your co workers.

You want to test this? next time go to the next meeting at work and say your co workers wife is a whore and see what happens.

But, like you said, these are private companies with private rules. Why should they do what you want them to?

Unless by "freedom of speech" you mean "companies should shut down speech I don't agree with," which would of course be a ridiculous take.

I think they're adults, and that comes with the positives and negatives that go with it. You're adults, so say whatever you want to say and face the consequences if there are any (say, the UFC not renewing your contract if they feel you're too controversial). But you're also adults, so exercise some self-control and restraint. Show some respect, and don't just spew insults like a child.

Drawing a line only gives people something to cross. Let these maniacs bark at each other anyway they want. They’re grownups and responsible for their own words and actions. If they break the law, well we know what happens.

Last edited:
This is kinda where I'm at.

Say what you want, but if you cross a line and someone cracks you in the mouth, deal with it.

In the cage yes, that's when it's your time to shine. If you get the piss beaten out of you though, you had your chance.

icegif-1089.gif

If the PPV increased 25% in sales after what Colby said don't expect Dana who is always a free speech advocate to get involved to hurt sales to control speech.

If you aren't able or willing to engage with what I've actually written, don't quote me. Don't waste my time with your ignorant talking points that only tangentially even relate to what I've written
dummy, you wrote that you wanted commissions to regulate fighters’ speech, because, as you put it, “the concept of free speech is related to individual, political expression… [and] not so much related to corporations' rights to promulgate extremely divisive, inflammatory comments purely in order to increase sales.” don’t pretend you had some big-brained point beyond that.

dummy, you wrote that you wanted commissions to regulate fighters’ speech, because, as you put it, “the concept of free speech is related to individual, political expression… [and] not so much related to corporations' rights to promulgate extremely divisive, inflammatory comments purely in order to increase sales.” don’t pretend you had some big-brained point beyond that.
You didn't address that point, though, and that was clearly only part of an overall post. You just came in with a stupid take that didn't even address what you just quoted, let alone the entire post. Plus, you are objectively wrong. Sports commissions do have the authority and use it frequently to regulate the conduct, including speech and dress. Also, you don't seem to know what conduct means.
I'm not "making it more complicated" - the notion of free speech is complicated, obviously. Refusing to acknowledge that is on you for being dumb, not on me for making it complicated.

Miss me with this level of conversation. If I want to know what some mouth breather will offer by way of oversimplified talking points, I'll let you know.

He attacked his own wife, with no repercussions, so why would he do that?

Dana isn’t the problem. The problem is the “douche” people that get a thrill out of drama and smack talk, even when it’s fake.

Back