• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Should Dana stop fighters crossing the line with attacks on family members?

There is no doubt that the more heated a pre -fight conflict gets, the more interest the fight will generate. And I feel Douche White is conveniently hiding behind the "this is the fight business" slogan fully realizing this fact.

I still think however that family members, especially dead ones, should be off limits and that is something Dana could enforce.

Do you guys that he should penalize fighters who do cross the line? I feel most fighters don't go there anyway , the two instances I know of are Colby and Conor, the asshole and the drunk.

Thoughts?

Wahhh wahhh somebody call me ambulance wahhh wahh hurt feelings report pls somebody wahhh

Conor Mcgregor got pulled out of UFC 200 for missing the pre fight press conference. Shut your old ass up grandpa.

In prize fighting, the actual fight isn't the only work. Can't believe i have to explain this. What more do you wanna know?

You don’t get paid for press conferences. You get paid after your fight. Moron.

Isn't there fines in boxing for profanity?

I mean technically speaking, there is trash talk and there is character assassination which can effect a persons reputation and then income.

There is no doubt that the more heated a pre -fight conflict gets, the more interest the fight will generate. And I feel Douche White is conveniently hiding behind the "this is the fight business" slogan fully realizing this fact.

I still think however that family members, especially dead ones, should be off limits and that is something Dana could enforce.

Do you guys that he should penalize fighters who do cross the line? I feel most fighters don't go there anyway , the two instances I know of are Colby and Conor, the asshole and the drunk.

Thoughts?
i dont care how you feel about that they say.... its for the fans to put stop to it which is easy not the company not the government certainly not worry about words you feel cross a line ( just watch watch the fights! be a fan not a Agitator

Your AV is an approval of Mas cowardly sucker punching someone, but trash talk that involves dead family is a hard line. Your morals are inconsistent, TS.

Well, this is embarrassing for you…

“The fact is, the U.S. Constitution protects our God-given rights from government. The government does not (as the phrase above implies) grant those rights to us as citizens. This is perhaps the most widely misunderstood aspect of our system of government.”

Anything else you’d like to be proven wrong on, seeing as you have less comprehension and research capability than a 3rd grader. At this point, I feel bad for picking on you since you likely wear your underwear over your pants and take the short bus to school.
Ok genius , brave you can wikipedia shit but unfortunately for you you can't actually critically deduce what those words mean.

Tell me in your own words the difference between granting rights and protecting them ?

Dana White is a fight promoter, not an elementary school guidance counselor. If two grown men want to talk shit to each other before they get into a cage to beat the shit out of each other, even if it's about personal stuff like family, it's not Dana's job or inclination to stop them. At the end of the day, you're basically saying Dana White should step in and stop people's feelings from being hurt
Yes , I think there should be some limit.

I mean young kids also watch the UFC , how about the examples we set for them ? Hey it's ok to talk trash about dead relatives ?

Your AV is an approval of Mas cowardly sucker punching someone, but trash talk that involves dead family is a hard line. Your morals are inconsistent, TS.
Huh ? When did I say I approve of Masvidal sucker punching the scumbag?

I mean young kids also watch the UFC , how about the examples we set for them ? Hey it's ok to talk trash about dead relatives ?

Kids watching two men beat the shit out of each other should be higher on your priority of things to prevent than whether or not they see someone mention someone else's dead relatives

What did you say about calling someone a pussy again? That’s right, you’re so dumb that you literally just owned yourself.
Why do I need to prove anything to a low IQ imbecile that is such a lil’ bitch, he wants free speech policed and believes the government grants us our rights?

If you’re gonna insult someone’s intelligence, at least spell “wit” correctly you absolute bafoon.
Looks like I hit a nerve Pussy.

Funny how you talk about low IQ thinking i owned myself , when it totally went over your head that I was talking about people who initiate the insults.

Now that you did , I will keep humiliating you.

But hey bud , it's not your fault your parents were cousins, you are just a victim .... And a Pussy.

Kids watching two men beat the shit out of each other should be higher on your priority of things to prevent than whether or not they see someone mention someone else's dead relatives
It's martial arts , its not a bar fight .

Kids take up MMA, should they behave like this before their matches ?

Let them say whatever they want. They'll be the ones who have to deal with the consequences of it. I'd rather the UFC not be the speech police.

But, like you said, these are private companies with private rules. Why should they do what you want them to?

Unless by "freedom of speech" you mean "companies should shut down speech I don't agree with," which would of course be a ridiculous take.
Every company has an ethics and rules of conduct handbook.

They do not allow certain conducts which are protected by free speech but still violate the company's policies.

So I think Dana could curb this type of behaviour, but he chooses not to for obvious reasons.

I thought Matt Hughes was the head of athlete development.

<{Heymansnicker}>

I think it's kind of low. But depends on the situation. Like if a family member is injecting themselves into the situation then ya, fair game.

I've never understood why people would want to make a sport about FIGHTING respectable. It's probably one of the least respectful and violent sports out there. Yes, you have some fighters that just fight as martial artists but still.

I'd like freedom of speech to be a near universal guideline across the board if possible. Did Colby "cross the line"? No. Was he an asshole for saying it? Yes. I don't want that stuff censored where there are certain things you can't say. Speech is one of the few things all of us have and it shouldn't be censored just because it might hurt someone's feelings.

My line to cross is direct threats of actionable violence but even that is tricky in this sport because they are actually going to fight. Colby is a scumbag but I don't want to censor him either. Plus, it makes fights more entertaining when guys can't back up their trash talk.

So you're asking for censorship. That's a fucking stupid idea. Gtfo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back