Should Cejudo return to 125?

ArtardFiesta

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
While he is on the wrong side of 35 for lighter fighters after seeing the fights last night I am confident saying:
- he destroys moreno
- royval is not even competitive against him
- while he has struggled wrestling at 135, i doubt phantasia dominates him on the ground

cejudo only wanted title eliminators and title shots (hence why he dropped out of fighitng chito). he won't get that 135 aymore, but he has another championship run att 125.

It's pretty clear Cejudo can't make that weight anymore. Especially after his 3 years layoff. And he's what 37 ? I'd even argue he'd look worse at FLW than BW because he'll be too drained.

He didn't even look bad against Aljo or Merab, he was outsized against Aljo and Merab was just a step ahead of him as a rising contender is often against an aging former champ.

if he wants to keep collecting paycheck it's ok because Cejudo fights are pretty good to watch generally

Sure. He's built for 125

ECWeQKFXUAA3HYx

Some of y'all just don't understand. As a fighter, there is no way Cejudo can possibly make 125 now. People tend to get heavier and less explosive as they age. He would be an extremely diminished version of himself if he could even make weight. Him and Mighty Mouse both acknowledged that they could never make 125 again.

And if this idea of dropping weights and dominating sounds reasonable and intelligent, then Cejudo and many others would have already done that with great success. I can't think of an aging fighter that dropped weight and started dominating. Jose Aldo was the closest to doing it but he was not even a shadow of his 145 lb prime self.

Pickleball.

Stay active in a highly competitive sport.

Also, Henry might reclaim MMA victory if a Retiree opponent underestimates small Cejudo -- in a hotly contested tournament throwdown.

Cejudo said it himself : he should've never came back. The guy is now desperatly shasing a win, yet he's getting older and older and it'll be worse as time goes on.

Him vs volk so we can see volk win as JBG intended

Cejudo vs Martinez or Bautista gives the new guys a shot at establishing themselves.

Either that or Cejudo goes for similar situated fighters like Font and Yan.

He’s 37 years old, and getting older everyday. I don’t think he could move back down, even if he wanted to.

It’s like Harrison.. Theoretically she can make 136. But I have my doubts. Not a lot, but I have my doubts.

I don’t think he can do it at his age.

Back