Should anyone be flagged by the NSA for his internet history?

WorldofWarcraft

Holy Paladin
Banned
Reaction score
Should internet users be flagged by the NSA for let's say viewing a lot of anti-Jewish videos, going to anti-Jewish websites, watching racist videos on Youtube, going to racist websites, anti-gay websites, etc.? Does being "flagged," not have anything to do with the first amendment? They're not putting you in jail, they're just taking your information and keeping a close eye on your activities.

They're already doing it, but should they? They have a few NSA employees that defects to /pol/ forum on 4chan every once in awhile and releasing small bits of info on how they operate.

I'm not too concerned about the monitoring users going to potentially dangerous websites (ex. Jolly Roger's Cookbook...remember that, anyone?) because they're only really going to "flag" users who develop a habitual history and perhaps broadcast potentially threatening views on forums like one, but they've been monitoring phone calls, emails, texts, and other private communications of American citizens.

That's where I draw the line. Unacceptable. Unconstitutional. Criminal.

I'm not too concerned about the monitoring users going to potentially dangerous websites (ex. Jolly Roger's Cookbook...remember that, anyone?) because they're only really going to "flag" users who develop a habitual history and perhaps broadcast potentially threatening views on forums like one, but they've been monitoring phone calls, emails, texts, and other private communications of American citizens.

Is that different from the Anarchist Cook Book?

Also, I only learned of this recently, but Edward Snowden was a 4chan user and was/is a weeaboo

Is that different from the Anarchist Cook Book?
Essentially it's the same material. Just sort of a grassroots updated "edition" of that original work- so to speak. Jolly Rogers was just sort of the first digital incarnation of the ACB which updated and expanded on some of the developed science/methods of the 1971 original edition of the ACB, and in particular, as it was my understanding, held a greater focus on bomb-making and other improvised, homemade weapons whose utility was the most effective means of mass murder/destruction to a layman without access to more dangerous raw materials.
http://www.hack247.co.uk/blogpost/jolly-rogers-cookbook-a-brief-history/

Essentially it's the same material. Just sort of a grassroots updated "edition" of that original work- so to speak. Jolly Rogers was just sort of the first digital incarnation of the ACB which updated and expanded on some of the developed science/methods of the 1971 original edition of the ACB, and in particular, as it was my understanding, held a greater focus on bomb-making and other improvised, homemade weapons whose utility was the most effective means of mass murder/destruction to a layman without access to more dangerous raw materials.
http://www.hack247.co.uk/blogpost/jolly-rogers-cookbook-a-brief-history/

I remember it because it became a great concern to high school IT administrators back when I was in high school right after Columbine happened. They added a bunch of censor filters to our school network, and a bunch of the angry, all-black-wearing type of kids were always talking about it and whatnot.

It depends on the maturity of the subject and the maturity of those that intercept the info. It's good to keep things in order if properly utilized.

Short answer...No

We have a Bill of Rights for a reason. This nation has made a mockery of our natural rights, our founding principles, and the essence of liberty.

should agency that cant be trusted, that lied and misled pretty much everyone, flag internet users?

fuck NSA is my answer. cant believe it still exists tbh (ok not really, since general public really has no say what goes on in USA anymore).

should agency that cant be trusted, that lied and misled pretty much everyone, flag internet users?

fuck NSA is my answer. cant believe it still exists tbh (ok not really, since general public really has no say what goes on in USA anymore).
Or the fact that they do provide a critical service to our security. I loathe the NSA's activities as much as anyone, but dissolving them would be a histrionic overreaction. They require reform to be in accordance with constitutional law, and perhaps more transparency where they are overseen by a panel of elected officials consisting of both parties (and independents).

They tried to lie about how many terrorist attacks they've prevented and they got called out on it.

Should internet users be flagged by the NSA for let's say viewing a lot of anti-Jewish videos, going to anti-Jewish websites, watching racist videos on Youtube, going to racist websites, anti-gay websites, etc.? Does being "flagged," not have anything to do with the first amendment? They're not putting you in jail, they're just taking your information and keeping a close eye on your activities.

They're already doing it, but should they? They have a few NSA employees that defects to /pol/ forum on 4chan every once in awhile and releasing small bits of info on how they operate.

The obvious answer to this is a resounding NO. Why would anyone even entertain the idea of flagging people dependent on sites they visit. I can't imagine anyone here in the WARroom even partially agreeing with such intrusive government behavior.

Short answer...No

We have a Bill of Rights for a reason. This nation has made a mockery of our natural rights, our founding principles, and the essence of liberty.

Every nation is in denial at this moment. They tend to all break the rules. Who can you trust? I know the "we the people" movement. More people, more reliable, more movement. :icon_lol:

No. No different than agents staking out a meeting where ideas they disapprove of will be shared and then following people home from it so they could peek in their windows and dig through their trash.

Every nation is in denial at this moment. They tend to all break the rules. Who can you trust? I know the "we the people" movement. More people, more reliable, more movement. :icon_lol:

Yep, this big brother stuff has been in the works for a very long time and is global.

They are not there to protect you, they are there to control you and that has been the plan the entire time.

Eventually everyone will get used to it, and it will become normal. Then nobody will remember a time when there was such thing as privacy. These things happen over 10, 20, 50 year plans so the vast majority of people don't even notice where it's going.

Or the fact that they do provide a critical service to our security.

do they really? is there any sure way to tell after all thats happened?

we are talking about an agency whose director built himself a star trek set to run things from, agency that collects every data possible even tho its of no use at all when it comes to security, agency whose agents used collected data to spy on people, they knew from personal life, for personal gain - i think this agency provided everything but critical service to your security
people in head of that agency got power mad / out of control

btw how much security agencies do you need?

you already got FBI and CIA (probably shit load of others), not to mention US army which is allocated more than half of your budget money to take care of your "security" (and unfortunately rest of the worlds too..)

i think all USA really needs is to rethink its foreign policies - but we all know that aint happening cause your "security agencies" love them drug/weapon/organised crime money too much

Last edited:
Or the fact that they do provide a critical service to our security. I loathe the NSA's activities as much as anyone, but dissolving them would be a histrionic overreaction. They require reform to be in accordance with constitutional law, and perhaps more transparency where they are overseen by a panel of elected officials consisting of both parties (and independents).

Voice of reason.

They shouldn't be monitoring anything you do. At what cost are we sacrificing our privacy?

I have yet to see any proof that the NSA's continued violation of the 4th amendment has stopped anything that couldn't have been stopped with a search warrant.

Instead they'll feed you "trust me, it has... you can't know what... uh because it's... uh top secret but trust us it has". Bunch of fucking liars. It amazes me the number of people who are just content to see there privacy stripped away.

Nope. Its legal material and does not imply motive or anything. You could just be a curious person. I could see it being used as evidence though if you go to trial for something, but at that point there is probably a warrant for you to he tracked or searched.

Either the fourth amendment exists or it doesn't. There is no "yeah it exist but we can still flag blah blah blah"... no.

So yeah, none of it is acceptable imo

Back