Should anyone be flagged by the NSA for his internet history?

You're flagged too now
I've probably been flagged since I wrote that paper talking shit about US government in terrorism studies class few years ago. You can't flag me twice, sucker!

I've probably been flagged since I wrote that paper talking shit about US government in terrorism studies class few years ago. You can't flag me twice, sucker!

Who's to say there isn't an NSA point system? You might be on red alert now.

The obvious answer to this is a resounding NO. Why would anyone even entertain the idea of flagging people dependent on sites they visit. I can't imagine anyone here in the WARroom even partially agreeing with such intrusive government behavior.

hello Microbrew,

i'd be against the kind of monitoring mentioned in the OP, unless;

1) such information wasn't used as political tool...or used for economic gain...or to ruin someone for their thoughts, their curiosities, or their plan 'ol deviance.

2) such information was necessary to save lives in the face of criminal or terrorist activity.

...of course, its a slippery slope. a hard question to answer, i think.

- IGIT

Last edited:
Who's to say there isn't an NSA point system? You might be on red alert now.
Pressure cooker
Bomb
Osama
Jihad

I might as well up my points with these keywords. What do I win? A chance to be wire tapped without warrant or illegal detention without charge in Guantanamo Bay?

Pressure cooker
Bomb
Osama
Jihad

I might as well up my points with these keywords.

lol I don't think I should be associating with you anymore.

lol I don't think I should be associating with you anymore.
Too late, you're officially an online associate of terrorism according to NSA. See you on the flight to be waterboarded in Cuba.

Too late, you're officially an online associate of terrorism according to NSA. See you on the flight to be waterboarded in Cuba.

Well, I was thinking of taking up water boarding anyways, so the free flight works out. I'll catch up with you for a beer.

OJmnB.jpg

anybody who has posted on this thread be ready next time you fly (for those lucky ones who are not in the noflylist by now) you'll probably be invited for some nice cavity search, courtesy of Uncle Sam.

Seriously considered not posting on this thread.

Then thought about it some more.

I have top secret clearance.

Fuck the man.

edit: i've been drinking.

Pressure cooker
Bomb
Osama
Jihad

I might as well up my points with these keywords. What do I win? A chance to be wire tapped without warrant or illegal detention without charge in Guantanamo Bay?

Your movie was great so at least you'll be leaving a mark on the world post-your-imminent-demise.

Nope, do not care how terrible the potential "threat" will be. No spying on Americans, period.

Nope, do not care how terrible the potential "threat" will be. No spying on Americans, period.

hullo Savage,

i dunno.

if 9/11 happened yesterday, i'd bet you'd all be singing a different tune.

short memories.

as long as there are safeguards and effective oversight, i think i could live with it if it saved lives.

- IGIT

Back