Opinion Should a President be able to stay in office for more than 2 terms?

Obama was universally known as the teleprompter king who could not get out a sentence without a teleprompter.
As for Trump:
1) Yes he came from a millionaire, became a billionaire, then became the president. Want to know how many other Americans went from millionaire to billionaire? Few Want to know how many went from billionaire to president? Even fewer. Holding someone’s privileged upbringing against them is as unfair as holding someone’s less privileged upbringing against them. What I like to observe is how much did a person improve compared to where they started. In Obama’s case - very little up until he was suddenly catapulted into prominence after 2004.

2). laughing stock? Lol. He’s the laughing stock of two politicians who they themselves are the laughing stock of the entire world. Is there anyone who respects Justin Trudeau? As for Trump, you see what SG Stoltenberg has to say about him and his strength of leadership. But of course Trudeau mocked him so the world must feel the same.

3) Impeachment at this stage is hardly a negative for Trump and says far worse about the current state of the DNC and their supporters. Chuck Schumer said about Trump nearly 3 years ago: “If you cross the Intel community, they have six ways from Sunday of getting back at you” This whole clown show is just a fruition of the process that Trump started of holding all people in office - both elected and unelected, accountable. The intel community and their partners in the DNC have thrown their best shots with loaded gloves but have barely caused a mark, let alone a bruise. Now their failed efforts are coming back to haunt them.

Do you know Trump is a billionaire? Have you seen any concrete financial statements that corroborate that? We already know he lied to Forbes about his net worth in the 80s. I honestly don't know how you can trust anything the guy says, especially regarding the grandiose claims he makes about himself.

Trump inherited an estimated $413 Million from his father's business. You don't even have to start new businesses (and run them into the ground) to turn $413m into billions. Park that in a passive S&P 500 fund and that money grows by factor of 6.7x in 20 years without lifting a finger.

Trump would be worth more today if he had simply invested his money in index funds.

Yes, all the left are struggling to read. All of us. Stop being so insanely low iq

Your party is responsible for holding back the minorities in the country and not getting them a proper education. So you instead of ignoring that fact, you must accept that they are part of your party. After all, they share your same beliefs are voting right along side of you for the same people.

Your party is responsible for holding back the minorities in the country and not getting them a proper education. So you instead of ignoring that fact, you must accept that they are part of your party. After all, they share your same beliefs are voting right along side of you for the same people.

You have mastered the art of accusing others of exactly what you and your low iq party are guilty of. Trump is a laughing stock on the global stage and you will follow your dear leader no matter what. And I mean, no matter what. It’s pathetic

Answer this question, who would you rather have a s President. A Democrat or a Russian?

Has it always been only 2 terms in America, if not, when did it change?

When a President finishes his term can he carry on being a politician?

If he can, can he become President again?

Here in Australia the leader of the Party that wins an election then automatically becomes the Prime Minister and he/she can serve unlimited terms as the PM. Also when he/she is no longer PM they generally stays in politics.

Finally do you think 2 terms as President is too few or just the right amount? Personally i think it should be unlimited but if not i think 3 terms would be better than just the 2.

Trump should be able to do 3 terms.

Do you know Trump is a billionaire? Have you seen any concrete financial statements that corroborate that? We already know he lied to Forbes about his net worth in the 80s. I honestly don't know how you can trust anything the guy says, especially regarding the grandiose claims he makes about himself.

Trump inherited an estimated $413 Million from his father's business. You don't even have to start new businesses (and run them into the ground) to turn $413m into billions. Park that in a passive S&P 500 fund and that money grows by factor of 6.7x in 20 years without lifting a finger.

Trump would be worth more today if he had simply invested his money in index funds.
Numerous publications have quoted his net worth as anything from 3 billion to 11 billion. So whatever it is, he’s turned the 1 million into a factor many times more.

And how many less people would have had jobs, had he become a passive investor? Btw nothing gets done without people becoming entrepreneurs and employing others. Trump’s a go-getter. Always has been. Another quality that the left despises.

Numerous publications have quoted his net worth as anything from 3 billion to 11 billion. So whatever it is, he’s turned the 1 million into a factor many times more.

And how many less people would have had jobs, had he become a passive investor? Btw nothing gets done without people becoming entrepreneurs and employing others. Trump’s a go-getter. Always has been. Another quality that the left despises.

try 413 million he inherited. Trump's net worth is based on the claims that come out of Trump's mouth and have no basis on solid accounting evidence. He's the type that would claim billions of dollars in intangible assets like "goodwill" or his "brand name".

Don Jr has no shot. He would end up bringing his girlfriend to the debates. She would do all the talking .
Out of the 3 kids in the public eye, Ivanka is the electable one. Jr just runs his Dads gimmick but just not as good at it.
Ugh.. she's annoying... she probably seen more pricks than a porcupine.

I’m against term limits for congress but never really protested the presidential one. I wonder what the country would be like without it. You could argue it would cause more sustainability and possible compromise as you’d never have a lame duck president and the popular ones may stay far longer. It seems like 8 years is a lot to handle though. I’d wonder if Clinton, Bush or Obama would run again. I could see Obama as he was younger. Still though, FDR lived in a crazy time but I think today’s age is very demanding in its own way.

There should definitely be term limits. And honesty, they should be lower than they are at the moment.

No. Only fascists, dictators and Trump thinks it's a bad idea.

Im Canadian, land of no limits. In my lifetime, which is halfway through, there has been eight PMs, six of which served for any meaningful length of time. There has been six US presidents in that time. That makes me think that people are always hungry for change and it would take a highly beloved person to hold the highest office for more than twelve years either way.

I cant help but think of subjects concerning time in relation to how bloody short our lifespans are. So my suggestion with that in mind, is a maximum of three three year terms. Four years is simply too long for a public reckoning, and two too short for them to get anything done. I think three year terms strike a nice balance.

When longevity is profoundly increased Im very curious what effect it will have on our perception of all subjects concerning clockwork.

Not unless you want to get Putin. Because that's how you get Putin.

413 million in an index fund at the 6.7 rate you quoted would be roughly 1.5 billion

so you’re wrong going by your numbers you gave

Obama was universally known as the teleprompter king who could not get out a sentence without a teleprompter.

Sure, if you were uneducated and ruled by soundbites.

There's been 1 president that's been there for 4 terms: FDR.

FDR was paralyzed and the deep state media reported fake news about it for 16 years. Because he was a liberal.

Do you think the swamp would have reported fake news about Hoover for 16 years? Of course not.

A liberal president is literally paralyzed and the fake news lies about it. A conservative president likes to eat 2 scoops of ice cream and it's a national scandal.

The corporate media picks who to support and report fake news in favor of and who to rally against and report fake news against.

Back