Crime Shooting at Christchurch Mosque

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now you are just making shit up.

Muslims along with everyone else should be getting behind the idea of less immigration, including less Islamic immigration. Muslims should accept that they need to integrate and that Muslims take a long time to integrate in the West. They shouldn't be so strict with their religion and oppressive to women while in the west. You want to go full Islam? Then go back home.
So muslims have to accept all the changes, as do the leftists with their "liberal agenda" and the right can just continue on with their lives. With "muh freedom" and your pewpew sticks..... eh na mate, how about no

The dude is from NSW, Australia. I strongly doubt he's had anyone he knows killed by Islamic terrorism.

Instead, what I suspect is that he is of limited intelligence, socially isolated and ended up in a closed ecosystem online in forums where he found purpose. That purpose slowly radicalised him and, while it might seem bizarre or funny that this meme culture could be part such a thing, it clearly is.

Oh yeah im not saying this madman was affected directly. Im just surprised that he is the first to snap.

This really sucks. I feel horrible for the victims, the murderer was a nutter.

Attacking people at their place of worship is for cowards.... then again... virtually all terrorist attacks are cowardice.

Nothing concerning content? Ok.
it was a beatiful performance. I liked the part where he asked "do you believe the police officer didnt know who I am?" line........ what a man of the people lol

he's an ass, best not to ask my opinion of him

Ironic coming from someone who just tried to play the, "I'm from Britain so I know better" card.

It was stupid of you to play that card. It was remarkably stupid of you to play that card in ignorance of the fact that I have lived in Manhattan. Objectively, my country (and that island) exhibit more diversity than your own by a wide, wide margin. There are over 800 languages spoken in NYC alone.

I have also traveled to multiple countries in Europe.

Perhaps if you didn't lead such a sheltered existence on your gray, wet, isolated little island you would experience the shock of meeting peoples who hold alarmingly different core value sets that wind back the clock centuries. I don't think I have a single friend who campaigned in the Middle or Near East under military enlistment who wasn't jarred by this. There are varying, complicated views across this gamut with differing big pictures, as well as opinions on who to blame, but a common denominator is the horror at the savagery encountered there, at least in some elements, that none encountered here.

Stop trying to play this "sheltered existence" card from a perch of shelter.

If we abridged any speech that had the potential to cause conflict in society none of us would be allowed to say much of anything.

But I can see that you are at the point where are stripped of anything but empty pride. Concession on the "hate speech" nonsense accepted.

{<redford}

Ironic coming from someone who just tried to play the, "I'm from Britain so I know better" card.

It was stupid of you to play that card. It was remarkably stupid of you to play that card in ignorance of the fact that I have lived in Manhattan. Objectively, my country (and that island) exhibit more diversity than your own by a wide, wide margin. There are over 800 languages spoken in NYC alone.

I have also traveled to multiple countries in Europe.

Perhaps if you didn't lead such a sheltered existence on your gray, wet, isolated little island you would experience the shock of meeting peoples who hold alarmingly different core value sets that wind back the clock centuries. I don't think I have a single friend who campaigned in the Middle or Near East under military enlistment who wasn't jarred by this. There are varying, complicated views across this gamut with differing views, as well as opinions on how to blame, but a common denominator is the horror at the savagery encountered there, at least in some elements, that none encountered here.

Stop trying to play this "sheltered existence" card from a perch of shelter.

If we abridged any speech that had the potential to cause conflict in society none of us would be allowed to say much of anything.

But I can see that you are at the point where are stripped of anything but empty pride. Concession on the "hate speech" nonsense accepted.
I didnt, the cambridge dictionary did. I played the "I have experience" card.... you should try it.

sheltered? Im on the doorstep of Europe. Ive probably experienced more cultures than you could even dream of. One of us is sheltered, and its not me.

I just wan to stress something here.

That is that Muslims in NZ are a very peaceful and well integrated community.

I can't think of a single instance of trouble instigated by a religiously motivated Muslim person.

I realise there are problems inherent in mass immigration, but I don't it to be lost that this was 100% a psychotic act of victimisation against innocent people.

Honestly im surprised there hasnt been more of these guys already, fathers, brothers of the victims of islamic terrorism. Live by the sword, die by the sword.
He apparently did it for a young 8 year old girl ebba Auckland was her name? That’s what set him over the edge. That wasn’t his daughter. Ebba has a father. Let him join the military or join Assads army in Syria and get some ISIS. This douche in NZ killed a bunch of innocent people.

The dude is from NSW, Australia. I strongly doubt he's had anyone he knows killed by Islamic terrorism.

Instead, what I suspect is that he is of limited intelligence, socially isolated and ended up in a closed ecosystem online in forums where he found purpose. That purpose slowly radicalised him and, while it might seem bizarre or funny that this meme culture could be part such a thing, it clearly is.

Honestly I think that tends to be a clear pattern, bigotry is actually strongest in people who have very limited exposure to whoever they hate which means a fantasy can take over.

That is I think a clear danger of the net, people becoming more isolated from the real world and can build up a fantasy one instead.

If anyone wants to start up a part two feel free, just cite this one in the OP.

I didnt, the cambridge dictionary did. I played the "I have experience" card.... you should try it.

sheltered? Im on the doorstep of Europe. Ive probably experienced more cultures than you could even dream of. One of us is sheltered, and its not me.
But you don't have experience with any of this, nor is there any value in claiming that, because someone with experience would cite examples linking these dangers, and the Cambridge objectively did not support your analysis of Tommy's speech in that clip.

The identity cards you have tried to play haven't favored you. Your contempt for Americans, and your provincial, prejudicial assumptions about us in your ignorance is obvious.

You're clearly someone who could benefit from some world experience.

I stated multiple times in this thread that I am not asking for power over anyone to change laws, and that other nations would not agree with me and I understood that. But not even entertaining the conversation gets us nowhere. having limits on what is acceptable speech actually leads to a more civilised debate, as it makes you choose your words more carefully. Which leads to less anger and more beneficial solutions to most problems(not always though, some times disagreements are unavoidable)

Not saying you're looking for power, just saying you're spreading an ideology that's anathema to my culture. But even without noticeable result, you're spreading approval for something that I would find oppressive. In spite of that I'm gonna defend your right to say it. I'll place faith in the outcome.

Having conversations is fine. Let's talk about limiting freedom of religion. I mean, talk about idiots, right? Killing each other over centuries old stories based on imaginary beings is some dangerously stupid shit. Why, outside of principle, do we allow the unfettered spread of this toxic shit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back