Crime Shooting at Christchurch Mosque

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because is explicitly isn't hate speech.

The "potential to incite violence" is not inciting violence. Informing people of uncomfortable truths, or expressing strong opinion which sick & impressionable people might act upon violently, does not constitute the call to violence, or encouragement of violence.

I find it disheartening that I have to actually explain this to you. This isn't an abstruse distinction.
https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/hate-speech
public speech that expresses hate or encourages violence towards a person or groupbased on something such as race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation (= the fact of beinggay, etc.):
try again

You know exactly what agenda I am talking about. Currently it is liberal governments around the world pushing this agenda. The idea that every ethnic group in large numbers can get along without problems and that every culture can live side by side without problems.

Yes at the moment all nations do have control over their immigration policies but left and right political parties don't see eye to eye. There is too much proof that liberal immigration policies are not good for society.

You are the problem when you say stuff like this and is exactly what divides and creates disunity. Pretty much every country was created through conquest or war. Those days are pretty much long gone and there's no need to focus on it and act as if something needs to be done. Really what can be done? The Natives in America for example already receive benefits.

If you think there should be revenge or something then you are no better that the shooter.

If you're talking about Islam, Islamic culture is so radically different and incompatible with the West that it takes a long time to integrate Muslims. This is why you can't have a constant flow and why you can't allow Islamic ghettos to form.

The Jews aren't blowing up kids at concerts, beheading people in the streets and mass raping young girls.
oh so my solutions are crazy, but you go full blown conspiracy theorist on me?

we're done here, theres nothing else worth discussing

Hate speech in the USA vs hate speech in other countries, is two completely different things when we are talking from a legal vs illegal, free speech perspective.

We literally just went over this.

He did not express hatred or encourage violence in that clip.
calling them enemy combatants encourages violence. engage your brain ffs

Hate speech in the USA vs hate speech in other countries, is two completely different things when we are talking from a legal vs illegal, free speech perspective.
this is a very good point

Yea, Muslim Vikings. It's just wildly dishonest and egregious, especially from what is supposed to be an academic standpoint. It isn't dissimilar to the "Cheddar Man" PR stunt and science by press release that the media went absolutely bananas over claiming, "The First Brit Was Black" and it should affect how we discuss contemporary immigration issues. It only works to feed the suspicion of a nefarious agenda at play.

The first 'Brit'? Ah yes, you mean 7,500 years before the onset of the Mesopotamian culture and 2,000 years before humans were even using agriculture. Secondly, there wasn't even so much as a scientific paper published in a peer-reviewed journal (and still hasn't been) for that shit. Nice one.

This just proves what people with a healthy world view are up against. These whack jobs have zero restraint fabricating from whole cloth "proof" that furthers their ideology. The cause is more important than truth, it has become their truth so everything is permissible even heroic.
Every form of reality is up for grabs with these people, especially gender, same peddlers of deception.

yeah. because I follow the rules..... whats yer point?

I show intolerance to idiots. Sorry if thats a problem for you

We were talking about what the rules should be. A topic you introduced. You want those whose views you disapprove of deplatformed. I asked if that should apply to your brand of intolerance. You following current rules is irrelevant.

You define whoever you disagree with as an idiot and behave divisively with ridicule and insults. You do spread hate. You just think it's justified because of your own personal reasons. Probably everyone spreading hate agrees with their own reasons.

oh so my solutions are crazy, but you go full blown conspiracy theorist on me?

we're done here, theres nothing else worth discussing

yes your one solution of arresting people that post offensive stuff online and attacking free speech is crazy.

You really shouldn't be calling people idiots. What conspiracy theory? Liberals all over the world push this agenda, are you really denying that?

We were talking about what the rules should be. A topic you introduced. You want those whose views you disapprove of deplatformed. I asked if that should apply to your brand of intolerance. You following current rules is irrelevant.

You define whoever you disagree with as an idiot and behave divisively with ridicule and insults. You do spread hate. You just think it's justified because of your own personal reasons. Probably everyone spreading hate agrees with their own reasons.
when you grow up around sectarianism you understand that speech needs to be controlled, or shit hits the fan very quickly. This utopian fantasy that allowing everyone the same platform to spew their bullshit because of "muh rights" is bullshit. Some people dont deserve a platform, if Im ever considered as such then so be it. But Id rather not deal with extremism in society. It benefits nobody but the extemists.

show me some examples of me spreading hate then?

calling them enemy combatants encourages violence. engage your brain ffs
No, it does not. A figurative description is not tantamount to an incitement of violence. He does not advocate for violence or a battle against those people.

Saying "engage your brain ffs" doesn't materialize a linguistic argument where you clearly have none.

yes your one solution of arresting people that post offensive stuff online and attacking free speech is crazy.

You really shouldn't be calling people idiots. What conspiracy theory? Liberals all over the world push this agenda, are you really denying that?
of course I deny it..... there is no "liberal agenda" you absolute fruitcake

No, it does not. A figurative description is not tantamount to an incitement of violence. He does not advocate for violence or a battle against those people.

Saying "engage your brain ffs" doesn't materialize a linguistic argument where you clearly have none.
youve clearly never had to live on an island where sectarianism is an issue. Scotland dealt with its fair share of blowback in our society due to Northern Ireland. If you dont think calling a section of society "enemy combatants" can lead to them being targeted you live a very sheltered existence

If only we get rid of the muslims then terrorist attacks against muslims wont be needed. If we just do what terrorist want, there we t be any problems.

Solid logic.
What are you talking about? Who said anything about getting rid of muslims? Sure deport the bad ones but what I said was drastically reduce Islamic immigration so it doesn't ever reach a certain level where it can be a safe haven for extremists. Muslims need to fully integrate and that takes a long time so that's why we can't allow so many to come in.

youve clearly never had to live on an island where sectarianism is an issue. Scotland dealt with its fair share of blowback in our society due to Northern Ireland. If you dont think calling a section of society "enemy combatants" can lead to them being targeted you live a very sheltered existence

If we use the current parlance it's basically calling them enemy soldiers.

An enemy combatant has been defined as "an individual who was part of or supporting the Taliban or al Qaida forces, or associated forces that are engaged in hostilities against the United States or its coalition partners. This includes any person who committed a belligerent act or has directly supported hostilities in aid of enemy armed forces."

of course I deny it..... there is no "liberal agenda" you absolute fruitcake

Yes there is without a doubt an agenda being pushed by liberal governments in many countries. Denial is never a good thing and you only make this problem so much worse.

Yes there is without a doubt an agenda being pushed by liberal governments in many countries. Denial is never a good thing and you only make this problem so much worse.
oh ffs next you will be telling me the world is flat..... no, there isnt.

youve clearly never had to live on an island where sectarianism is an issue.
Oh please. First, this is an empty appeal to authority, where you have none, and second, while this may play with other nations, I'm from the USA. You and your island are far beneath me on the totem pole of diversity, and strife with regard to it (sectarian or otherwise).

BTW, I lived on Manhattan.
Scotland dealt with its fair share of blowback in our society due to Northern Ireland. If you dont think calling a section of society "enemy combatants" can lead to them being targeted you live a very sheltered existence
More vapid rhetoric in the absence of a semantic argument when you chose semantics to anchor your point. Characterizing threat and belief, figuratively, even of a group, is not preaching hatred against them, and it unequivocally does not constitute the encouragement of violence against them.

This is basic.

You know exactly what agenda I am talking about. Currently it is liberal governments around the world pushing this agenda. The idea that every ethnic group in large numbers can get along without problems and that every culture can live side by side without problems.

Strange, but... October 2010

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-11559451

Attempts to build a multicultural society in Germany have "utterly failed", Chancellor Angela Merkel says. She said the so-called "multikulti" concept - where people would "live side-by-side" happily - did not work, and immigrants needed to do more to integrate - including learning German.

The comments come amid rising anti-immigration feeling in Germany. A recent survey suggested more than 30% of people believed the country was "overrun by foreigners".

The study - by the Friedrich Ebert Foundation think-tank - also showed that roughly the same number thought that some 16 million of Germany's immigrants or people with foreign origins had come to the country for its social benefits.

Mrs. Merkel told a gathering of younger members of her conservative Christian Democratic Union (CDU) party on Saturday that at "the beginning of the 60s our country called the foreign workers to come to Germany and now they live in our country."

She added: "We kidded ourselves a while, we said: 'They won't stay, sometime they will be gone', but this isn't reality. And of course, the approach [to build] a multicultural [society] and to live side-by-side and to enjoy each other... has failed, utterly failed."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back