Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord of Lies

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Mosque shot up in NZ.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/111313238/shooting-at-christchurch-mosque

Mod Note: Please remember our guidelines when posting in this thread.
Violence/Genocide- Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims. If you choose to celebrate the victims injuries and/or deaths or suggest they deserved what happened to them, you will likely get infractions.
Examples: Israel vs. Palestine threads, Mass Shooting threads

Last edited by a moderator:
At first I thought..what a weird name for a mosque. It's the city's name apparently. Tragic. Hope they can save some lives.

Christchurch Mosque is an interesting name. Is it a Christian-Muslim hybrid church?

Sounds like the guy was live broadcasting it on Facebook.

I take back what I've said about appreciating irony in everything.

The town is apparently named Christchurch

People in central Christchurch have been told to stay indoors after gunmen reportedly opened fire at two mosques and the main hospital in Christchurch.

Oh man. This sounds like it could be really, really bad if it is indeed a coordinated attack of some sort. Praying for them and all New Zealand. Oh damn.

Undetonated bomb in a car as well

In New Zealand? Christchurch mosque....didn’t even know NZ had muslims

Scary stuff when churches of any kind are targeted

"The gunman's rifle and magazines reportedly have a number of names written on it - including Alexandre Bissonette and Luca Traini, who also committed mosque shootings in Italy and Canada."

Never thought this level of sickness would arrive here in my country. We have had politicians exploiting the yellow vest/UN Global Migration pact conspiracies here and fanning flames, as well as what these sick fucks get on social media (not dissimilar to some of the anti-islam hatred that gets posted here), and this is the result. Some probably mentally ill fuck decides he's the one that needs to take some action, and feels legitimised by all he's seen in the circle jerk facebook twitter social media right wing sphere.

Fuck. This could be as bad as the France concert a few years ago with the initial reports I'm seeing.

This is from the Associated Press:

A witness says many people have been killed in a mass shooting at a mosque in the New Zealand city of Christchurch.

Police have not described the scale of the Friday shooting but urged people in central Christchurch to stay indoors.

Witness Len Peneha says he saw a man dressed in black enter the Masjid Al Noor mosque and then heard dozens of shots, followed by people running from the mosque in terror.

He says he also saw the gunman flee before emergency services arrived
Peneha says he went into the mosque to try and help: “I saw dead people everywhere.”

Again, police have not confirmed casualty numbers, though we have seen footage of several people being wheeled into Christchurch hospital for treatment following the shooting. We will let you know as soon as police or other authorities confirm casualties.

Can any Kiwi's or Aussies here tell us where New Zealand is at relative to Australia in terms of gun laws?

This is what you call a terrorist attack

RIP to the victims. Not sure what else to say except fuck this guy and whatever he represents.

Undetonated bomb in a car as well
It's not just one mosque, either. This was coordinated:
https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-zealand/police-responding-critical-incident-in-christchurch
2:32pm: There are multiple reports on social media that their has been a shooting at a second mosque in Linwood.

2:55pm: RNZ reports about 300 people were inside the Linwood mosque for afternoon prayers.

This is the second mosque where unconfirmed reports of a second shooting have emerged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back