Shoop that "Big Ed-ness"

I have used it and have a trial version.
The full version is subscription based though which kinda turned me off to it. Id prefer something I could just straight up buy since cancelling these subscriptions can be pretty difficult at times.

I don't really use Picsart but I have poked my nose around it. I know @Buff uses it and so does @MacGregor. They both put out awesome stuff and Mac even makes gifs. It has an auto cutout feature that seems to work decently. From watching my niece, it seems like a capable program. I don't think mine is a demo but sometimes when I turn it on it says something like "Demo" but I assumed those were just for extra add-ons to buy. I just click the X when "demo" comes on and it goes away. I never even read what it said.

Anyways, the version I have seems pretty good. Maybe @Buff or @MacGregor can give you a shove in the right direction. From what I have seen, I would recommend it. Maybe I should learn it and make tutorials. Can't stand cell phones but I did just get a new tablet, so that would be easier.

I use some photolayer program, its pretty basic and quick. Very easy to use on phone or while walking and stuff. (I do a lot of these while Im waiting in line or on my way somewhere)

AI is coming on strong in these programs and even on cell phone programs. Sometimes the cell phone programs do stuff even better than Photoshop. Like Photoshop has a feature where you can age someone younger or older. But "FaceApp" does it better. For example when I made the "Old Frank Mir" cut outs for my dad's thread, I used FaceApp and so did @dindonker.

I mean look at this. It looks AWESOME and it was literally one click. Also see my AV.

right-small-papa-mir-png.857975

There was a website that I used a few years ago to cut out stuff called www.remove.bg. It was auto cutting out stuff better than Photoshop!! Now Photoshop has caught up. There is also "Remini" which is a cell/tablet phone program that can recover detail in a photograph better than Photoshop. Note that it uses AI to "rebuild" parts of the photo, so it can change the photo some. Like it may use pictures of teeth that are on the server, to "replace" the teeth. All of these cell/tablet programs are now part of my arsenal.

For a casual shooper, the cell phone stuff is probably OK. But if you want to get serious, you should use Photoshop at some point. I use it, @Arqueto, @dindonker, @Iron Skin, and many others. @Empty Emp uses GIMP which is a viable free alternative, but to tell you the truth it really has fallen behind the times. No auto cut out for example.

PS is not really taxing on a computer for the most part, but at the same time a low end computer may struggle. I would say a quad core above 3GHZ and at least 8GB of RAM - well actually I would recommend 12GB or even 16GB. Even a 10 year old computer that meets those specs will be fine. 16GB would be more comfortable, but you can limp along with 8. I have, as a spare, a 2011 computer at 3.3GHz and it runs PS just fine. Almost as good as my current one from 2017.

That would be pretty rad if you made that thread or video series. You are really good at explaining things. Plus Im sure it would spare you some grief during those shoop comps to just be able to direct people to the video thread instead of answering the same questions a bunch.
Anyway happy Sunday.

Yea man I should get on it for sure. Like start off with a lesson "How to cut stuff out" and then move on from there. Maybe eventually getting into some rudimentary color and light correcting. Nothing advanced. Probably all quick and dirty stuff to get it decent enough.

You have a good one too brah. Hit me up via PM if you wanna talk more.

Attachments

• right small papa mir.png
    right small papa mir.png
    89.6 KB · Views: 92
I have used it and have a trial version.
The full version is subscription based though which kinda turned me off to it. Id prefer something I could just straight up buy since cancelling these subscriptions can be pretty difficult at times.
I use some photolayer program, its pretty basic and quick. Very easy to use on phone or while walking and stuff. (I do a lot of these while Im waiting in line or on my way somewhere)

That would be pretty rad if you made that thread or video series. You are really good at explaining things. Plus Im sure it would spare you some grief during those shoop comps to just be able to direct people to the video thread instead of answering the same questions a bunch.
Anyway happy Sunday.

I've never used the pay version of picsart.

My niece came to visit and she showed me Picsart on her cell phone. She was just breezing through it like I couldnt believe. I had to have her slow down to show me what she was doing. It is actually pretty powerful. Is that what you use?

I usually just make videos for people that ask questions. That one was for Iron Skin. I usually just make a video and don't even name it. I need to make a proper, organized Photoshop/Shoop Tutorial Channel or even a "BWR Shows You How to Shoop" thread.
Dude, this is gonna save me so much time, invaluable shit. Cheers!

You should defo do a tutorial channel btw. videos in this kind of style, straight to the point, well explained and short are hard to come by in my experience.

Edit - quoted wrong post lol, was referring to the cutting out video*

Dude, this is gonna save me so much time, invaluable shit. Cheers!

You should defo do a tutorial channel btw. videos in this kind of style, straight to the point, well explained and short are hard to come by in my experience.

Edit - quoted wrong post lol, was referring to the cutting out video*

Yea the "Select Subject" in PS is a time saver. They had it a couple years ago but in the new Photoshop it works great. I would need to get "a voice" for doing videos for real. Like a DJ voice. I'm not shy on a mic at all. so that's good. :D

hit me up. Pick my brain. Odds are I have "been there dont that" and know some good and fast ways to do it. as a gebneral rule I know the better and longer ways of doing something, and the "quck and dirty, good enough" ways too.
Piggybacking on your gracious offer (albeit to an entirely different poster), mind if I shoot you a shoop based question BWR?

Back