Shoguns lost it.

IMO his biggest problem is that he never embraced the new weight-cutting age like he needed to. He could be a beast at MW.

why should people critisize lyoto? He only lost to shogun and jones, he lost to rampage on paper, but the only one doing any real damage in that fight was machida

Well unfortunately for you and your bullshit argument Rampage and Machida fought in the UFC and not Pride. 'Overall damage throughout the fight' is not a judging criteria. Winning the majority of the rounds is.

Rampage is quite a bit slower than Machida, who was determined to backpedal and avoid exchanging at all costs for 2/3 of the fight. Rampage deserved the win and he got it. Don't be mad at him, be mad at Machida. Rampage came to fight, Machida didn't.

He should make a run at MW. He could go very very far until he gets to Silva. They might even give him a title shot if he want's to cut to MW. He will never be top 3(dare i say 5) in LHW ever again.

no fighter is ever 100 percent. injury claims are all bs to me since everybody can claim them.

supposedly machida fought shogun with a broken hand but i never hear people saying he was injured and thats why he got knocked out

rampage even said his knee wasnt bothering him until bader slammed him in the 2nd or 3rd round

for all we know bader was injured also.

and to say that fight showed us nothing is laughable

You don't go from shrugging off Jon Jones takedowns left and right, and easily escaping his full mount one fight; to being easily wrestlefucked by Ryan Bader the next. And like trane said he missed weight for the first time in a decade-long career, and by quite a large margin. Only a bonehead could possibly try to deny that something was blatantly up. Stop being stupid.

Lol what? How is 31 years old at all? He should be in his prime if anything.

He entered pride in his real early 20's, and has been in wars throughout. His fight mileage is pretty high.

Well unfortunately for you and your bullshit argument Rampage and Machida fought in the UFC and not Pride. 'Overall damage throughout the fight' is not a judging criteria. Winning the majority of the rounds is.

Rampage is quite a bit slower than Machida, who was determined to backpedal and avoid exchanging at all costs for 2/3 of the fight. Rampage deserved the win and he got it. Don't be mad at him, be mad at Machida. Rampage came to fight, Machida didn't.

Its not really as if Rampage was pushing the pace is it? both men were looking to land counters, Jackson just needed to be a bit closer to land his, he also spent a good amount of time just pressing Lyoto up agenst the cage.

He didn't do too badly - Gus is an awkward opponent.

Shogun looked great against Macheda (twice) and that wasn't too long ago.

3 years is a lot of time in professional fighting..

He entered pride in his real early 20's, and has been in wars throughout. His fight mileage is pretty high.

If he is old, Hendo is a dinosaur. He's been in even more wars and is over 40. Age is a lame excuse at 31. A few fighters in the UFC roster are peaking in their late 30's

If he is old, Hendo is a dinosaur. He's been in even more wars and is over 40. Age is a lame excuse at 31. A few fighters in the UFC roster are peaking in their late 30's

You guys need to get a clue, jesus.

I'm a Shogun fan. There is no healthy Shogun anymore. At this point, Shogun may get finished by Machida. He would almost 100% certainly lose a decision, as Machida's mobility is unhindered compared to Shogun's bad wheels. Unless he lands that overhand again, he's getting beaten handily. Then every turd noob on here would scream how "overrated" Shogun was, and how Pride was weak, and all this garbage.

I believe that Pride competition was weaker than today's ufc competition in general, with the exception of some very stacked tournaments. However, pride's competition was far stronger than ufc's competition happening at the same time.

the surgeries must have something to do with it, and I just dont see the fire he once had in Pride anymore.

I personally think he should drop Dida and either work with Rafael Cordeiro or Ninja again.

They took away his best weapons when he left the Pride rules, his knees are busted, his cardio always sucked!

Give the guy a break, he's still an awesome fighter!

meh contender or not, I'll always buy his ppv's. I'd much rather watch him attempt to finish. Most champions ride out decisions to keep their titles.

True Shogun comes to fight, just because the next gen of mma fighters are appearing more and more on the scene shogun still puts on great fights.

Sadly I think its gonna be down to Machida to take on Jones again or Gus....

I believe that Pride competition was weaker than today's ufc competition in general, with the exception of some very stacked tournaments. However, pride's competition was far stronger than ufc's competition happening at the same time.

I can't argue with you on that. Pride was leaps and bounds ahead of the UFC for the most part, but I think many of today's top UFC guys would dismantle a lot of the top contenders in the height of Pride.

Shoguns decline started when forest beat him. Should have never happened. Something wasn't right the moment he left pride.

I thought he actually won the first two rounds. so no he hasn't lost it.

He'll get a KO victory his next fight.

Shoguns decline started when forest beat him. Should have never happened. Something wasn't right the moment he left pride.

Its always felt like he lost a lot of steam when he couldn't kick/stomp grounded opponents.

Back