Shogun losing to the likes of Paul Craig

Rebel_LioN

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
He’s currently the underdog against Paul Craig, a guy with two first names from Scotland.

Their first fight, Craig was piecing him up in the striking dept., and Craig ain't even a striker.

<{chips}>

They’re apparently rematching after next week’s card.

Shogun won two rounds vs Craig. That being said Paul fought foolishly as he tried his normal shit from the bottom. If there is one thing Shogun still does well it's the control from top position.
We shall see if Craig is as willing to accept bottom as he was last time.

He is properly rated. Ankalaev beats him 9/10 times and everyone who saw the fight should know that.
He beat his training partner the same way.
He can catch anyone at anytime.
He's not a scrub or anything.
This is a good match up

Shogun isn’t the same but he also hasn’t really evolved and he’s a fat MW. Prime Shogun would not have done that well against the top LHWs from a couple of years back. He might have done well against current LHW though.

It is the last fight of the Shogun carreer ( maybe 2 or 3 fight ), i think he will win this fight, but against top 10 contender he will lose for his final fight ! I am a fan of Shogun, but his time is past now

He’s 38 he could fight up until he’s 45 like Anderson and others
I mean, he could but he has taken considerably more damage, and simply didn’t age gracefully as Anderson. And quite frankly, he just isn’t as good (but still a top 25 fighter ever in any weight class imo).

Shogun has been out of his top form for 10 years minimum, and that’s no exaggeration. This is a guy who looked like shit against 40 yr old Coleman in 2008-2009. His little run against Liddell and the Machida fights after was a nice icing on the cake but the guy couldn’t stay healthy from then on.

Here we are a decade later and he’s gettin owned by OSP and Anthony Smith, whilst going tooth and nail with Paul Craig.
I mean no disrespect to him, but this is a guy who ran through Arona, Rampage, Overeem, and scored a FOTY with a prime Lil Nog all in a calendar year.

If he scores a win next weekend, he should really, truly consider calling it.

The fact that he's still winning fights in the UFC is pretty crazy.

Back