Shogun losing to the likes of Paul Craig

Agreed on all fronts. But as I've mentioned elsewhere, having five wins and a majority draw out of his last seven fights just doesn't look that bad at all . . . on paper. We fans can see that he's a shell of his former self, but he's making his money, and winning the majority of his fights. People were telling him to retire years ago. . . and then he racked-up 5/7 wins. Do I think he should retire? Yes. Do I understand his drive/desire not to retire? Yes. Will I blindly support him like a MAGA-hatter against whoever he fights? Abso-fucking-lutely.
That’s why I don’t mind him fighting Paul Craig’s and Little Nogs. Shit, even a retirement fight with Anderson would be dope.

as long as we keep perspective, it’s not so bad. We don’t need him fighting Jiri or Reyes, or anything like that. If he Even starts fighting the OSP or Anthony Smith’s again, he’s gonna get embarrassed and truthfully he deserves better. Let him fight these top 30 guys until he starts taking exorbitant amounts of damage against them as well. His career. His choice. I’ll always enjoy him, but I’d like to see him enjoy his earnings with a quality life after fighting too.

He’s 38 he could fight up until he’s 45 like Anderson and others
He's been in some wars, man. And he's been beat up pretty badly a couple of times too...that beating in the second Hendo fight, the one he took against Gus, and the one he took from Jones...I don't know...I'm not surprised he's shot at this point. I'll forever be a fan and will root for him no matter who he fights, though, but he is a prime example of a fighter that I absolutely love but that I'd much rather see retire at this point.

Anyhow, I don't really like Paul Craig, and I agree that it's sad to see Shogun underperforming against a guy of that caliber, but it is what it is. And it goes to show that Shogun doesn't have 7 more years of fighting in him. He's got a great family, and he's probably made enough at this point to retire. I wouldn't want such a legend to end up with a 6-year winless downhill slope on his fighting resume à la BJ Penn or à la Chuck Liddell to put an end to such an illustrious MMA career.

lS82hLd.gif

Poor Shogun

That’s why I don’t mind him fighting Paul Craig’s and Little Nogs. Shit, even a retirement fight with Anderson would be dope.

as long as we keep perspective, it’s not so bad. We don’t need him fighting Jiri or Reyes, or anything like that. If he Even starts fighting the OSP or Anthony Smith’s again, he’s gonna get embarrassed and truthfully he deserves better. Let him fight these top 30 guys until he starts taking exorbitant amounts of damage against them as well. His career. His choice. I’ll always enjoy him, but I’d like to see him enjoy his earnings with a quality life after fighting too.
"We don’t need him fighting Jiri or Reyes" Oh God please no!

It is depressing. Hope the right lands clean.

He’s currently the underdog against Paul Craig, a guy with two first names from Scotland.

Their first fight, Craig was piecing him up in the striking dept., and Craig ain't even a striker.

<{chips}>

They’re apparently rematching after next week’s card.

He never lost. It was a draw numbskull

Shogun's speed decline is noticeable. Just slow and plodding. Anyone remotely younger is going to give him problems. Still, I was impressed how he came back from the first round and I thought easily won the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Back