Shogun losing to the likes of Paul Craig

If Shogun loses to Jenny Craig it's definitely time to call it a career.

I never realised that this line of the song was referencing a weight loss company, it makes so much more sense now

On par with the rest of the card. Wait on the gifs

Imagine living in a world where Paul 'Bearjew' Craig is the one who retired Shogun...

3cd8a33a.png

Shogun fought terrible against Nog last time. I think Craig Craig destroys old shogun now.

Shogun isn’t the same but he also hasn’t really evolved and he’s a fat MW. Prime Shogun would not have done that well against the top LHWs from a couple of years back. He might have done well against current LHW though.
Bones made that clear

Unfortunately there's only one Glover Teixeira.

Shogun in Pride literally had non stop movemenet and cardio it was insane, now he is so stiff and old it is sad.

Shogun fighting Paul Craig, Anderson fighting Hall getting his face rearranged, hugging ref legs n shit.

And it's so obvious that these two legends should fight. I mean WTF UFC.....

WHAT - THE - FUCK

Shogun is going to beat the shit out of Craig again.

Terrible judging in the first fight

overall it seems like the UFC has done a decent job of match making Shogun for the last 5 years. he is pretty washed but he is consistently in fights that are winnable (and he has won most of them)

a guy with two first names from Scotland
You motherf.. made me laugh
<Dany07>

And yes... Shogun is pretty much shot. His whole style based on speed, durabilty and aggression has not aged well.
He is panic wrestling quite a bit these days (against ancient Nog of all people lol) and fighting more conservative but I think he does not have the skills to compensate for his physical limitations at this point.

He’s currently the underdog against Paul Craig, a guy with two first names from Scotland.

Their first fight, Craig was piecing him up in the striking dept., and Craig ain't even a striker.

<{chips}>

They’re apparently rematching after next week’s card.
Shogun still wants to bang; let him. And, despite not being an anticipated (re) match, a savvy old Shogun at least has *a chance* to get a W against Craig, so I'm rooting for him. Also, despite all odds, Craig is winning as underdog against his fair share of opponents, so Shogun beating him would actually look good . . . on paper. That being said, And despite all the Shogun hate, he's won 5 out of his last 7, not including a majority draw. Washed-up or not, on paper he's still competitive and still a solid win.

Hmm, I really dont see Shogun getting subbed by Craig. That might be something to bet on

I mean, he could but he has taken considerably more damage, and simply didn’t age gracefully as Anderson. And quite frankly, he just isn’t as good (but still a top 25 fighter ever in any weight class imo).

Shogun has been out of his top form for 10 years minimum, and that’s no exaggeration. This is a guy who looked like shit against 40 yr old Coleman in 2008-2009. His little run against Liddell and the Machida fights after was a nice icing on the cake but the guy couldn’t stay healthy from then on.

Here we are a decade later and he’s gettin owned by OSP and Anthony Smith, whilst going tooth and nail with Paul Craig.
I mean no disrespect to him, but this is a guy who ran through Arona, Rampage, Overeem, and scored a FOTY with a prime Lil Nog all in a calendar year.

If he scores a win next weekend, he should really, truly consider calling it.
Agreed on all fronts. But as I've mentioned elsewhere, having five wins and a majority draw out of his last seven fights just doesn't look that bad at all . . . on paper. We fans can see that he's a shell of his former self, but he's making his money, and winning the majority of his fights. People were telling him to retire years ago. . . and then he racked-up 5/7 wins. Do I think he should retire? Yes. Do I understand his drive/desire not to retire? Yes. Will I blindly support him like a MAGA-hatter against whoever he fights? Abso-fucking-lutely.

Back