Shit life syndrome.

Haha I work graveyard here because it has the highest shift differential. So I'm always at walmart buying shit at 4am

<{outtahere}>

Got to go where the money is. I hate the myth that the poor are poor because we're lazy. I do whatever god awful work I have to do at whatever horrible hour, and I work like an absolute madman. But you can run as fast as you want on a hamster wheel.

You're not going anywhere.
OVERNIGHT BROS UNITE
ZOMBIE PRIDE WORLDWIDE
DIFFERENTIAL DUDES DOMINATION

I think a lot of people point out all this stuff people should try to do, forgetting how few opportunities there are while many millions of people are all chasing these limited opportunities. A lot of times people DO try these things and it doesn't work.

I know a lot of people that have degrees that didn't end up netting them a good job, but they still have the loan debt. I tried to get my degree and was doing very well, surprising myself. But I ran out of resources.

OVERNIGHT BROS UNITE
ZOMBIE PRIDE WORLDWIDE
DIFFERENTIAL DUDES DOMINATION
<8>

TBH I don't like the vast majority of people, so I'm not missing out on much

<GinJuice>

Go to a geriatric ward in a hospital.
Dying younger seems appealing to me when compared to ending up in a place like that. It's the same with care homes.
If I can't take care of myself, I don't want to last a bit longer with someone washing, dressing and feeding me like I'm a baby.

Sometimes those people didn't take care of themselves when they were younger, sometimes they have diseases in their old age that cause this.

There are old people who are running around super active until they day they die.

Even at poverty level the American standard of living is 36 times better than the global average. It sounds like a bunch of spoiled fucks complaining about people that have it better than them.
Yeah.
Also people with a lot of money have shit lives. They just mask it better in social media.
Millions would give anything to be Chris Cornell or Anthony Bourdain.. and those guys killed themselves.

Even at poverty level the American standard of living is 36 times better than the global average. It sounds like a bunch of spoiled fucks complaining about people that have it better than them.

Humans always have (and always will) compare themselves to their peers or others in their society... I think it is biological because apes do it as well!

We are living better than medieval kings were, but that doesn't mean much when you're taking the bus because you don't have a car.

When you're eating mac and cheese because you're broke, no one cares that someone in Africa is starving.

This is a really good thread.

I've been doing some statistical simulations lately, and "riding the wave" of a small emerging market is by far the safest way to thwart bad luck. Ofc if/when things do start to go bad you have to be ready/actively searching to ride the next wave. This is similar to stock market concepts, but stocks require quite a bit of starting money to do much of anything with them.

Also, say you're part of a group of contractors, if you self advocate early and often to get a permanent position you desire you are far more likely to get it. This'll work even if you're "unlucky".

Other notable discoveries: higher population naturally means more extremely unlucky and just as extremely lucky people... (though longer lifespans equalizes this effect because it exposes people for more opportunities of good and bad luck.)

Yeah.
Also people with a lot of money have shit lives. They just mask it better in social media.
Millions would give anything to be Chris Cornell or Anthony Bourdain.. and those guys killed themselves.
The back to back Cornell and Bennington suicides fucked me and my friend up pretty bad. When you relate to someone's music and they commit suicide... and you're struggling yourself.

Remember thinking to myself why do I even keep trying when someone I look up to that seems to have everything to live for couldn't do it.

marquetteareadsa-dsamat-you-have-more-in-common-with-every-homeless-43710569.png

Every one of us is statistically more likely to become homeless than wealthy. And by wealthy I don't mean comfortable with a 6 figure income and a 401k. I mean real, lasting, generational wealth.

I was in the middle of nowhere in the desert working at a gas station cleaning shitty toilets and calling the cops on crackheads by day, then working at an arcade yelling at children by night.

[<dunn]

The back to back Cornell and Bennington suicides fucked me and my friend up pretty bad. When you relate to someone's music and they commit suicide... and you're struggling yourself.

Remember thinking to myself why do I even keep trying when someone I look up to that seems to have everything to live for couldn't do it.
Because you are you.

I'm poor for Sherdog standards (don't own a house, don't own a car, etc.) but I feel really fortunate in life because I don't need anything I don't already have.

I have a friend who took 4 months off to travel for Europe and South Asia. He came back different person. He told me that the poverty he saw in places like India made him realize how lucky he is just to be able to choose what he is going to eat for dinner and to have hot water in the bathroom. Before he was complaining because his apartment was too small, his car too old, etc.
He also said poor as fuck homeless people in SA was happier than most of us.

marquetteareadsa-dsamat-you-have-more-in-common-with-every-homeless-43710569.png

Every one of us is statistically more likely to become homeless than wealthy. And by wealthy I don't mean comfortable with a 6 figure income and a 401k. I mean real, lasting, generational wealth.

Well... I don't have to worry about dying in a helicopter crash. So I have that in common with the other peasants.

Unless one happens to crash on top of me

Because you are you.

I'm poor for Sherdog standards (don't own a house, don't own a car, etc.) but I feel really fortunate in life because I don't need anything I don't already have.

I have a friend who took 4 months off to travel for Europe and South Asia. He came back different person. He told me that the poverty he saw in places like India made him realize how lucky he is just to be able to choose what he is going to eat for dinner and to have hot water in the bathroom. Before he was complaining because his apartment was too small, his car too old, etc.

This is a life lesson every young person needs to experience for themselves.

For me it was traveling the Baja peninsula when I went to SDSU in the early 90's.

People just dont appreciate what they have, and I'm not talking about material stuff. Just having a life is amazing and if u cant see that then u probably dont deserve it an2yway

Because you are you.

Oh I'm glad I regrouped and decided to remain focused on my goals. Everything that had to work out did in the end.

I got my car up and running long enough to leave forever. I DID move to that scary new place and I DID get that job and my own place and a new car and a girlfriend and a whole new life really.

And I lost about 50 pounds.

:meow:

Perseverance and persistence is the key to happiness.

<BirdieOwn>

Well if we want to reaffirm White Superiority we are gonna have to Nuke the competition like last time.

This. Trust the process. The most difficult things are the most rewarding.

The most entitled the people feel, the most miserable they are.

honestly, the biggest steps to happiness are actually planning and taking steps to achieve what you want.

if you set a goal and wake up everyday and take action towards that goal, you will get to where you want to be. even if you dont, you will at least be in a much better position 1 year from now.

the worst kind of people are the ones that complain all the time but never do anything about it

"im fat", but im gonna keep eating bad food and not exercising

"im poor" but im gonna waste my money instead of saving it, and not work towards developing any skills/value to make more money

"im sad" but im not going to set any goal to work towards what makes me happy

i always used to think it was dumb that people made their beds in the morning. Now I see how vital of a life habit it is as it teaches you to start your day by completing a task.

Struggle is real in the USA.

Student loans and low paying jobs.

Having said that, it’s your fault if you borrowed money and got a degree no one cares about.

Oh I'm glad I regrouped and decided to remain focused on my goals. Everything that had to work out did in the end.

I got my car up and running long enough to leave forever. I DID move to that scary new place and I DID get that job and my own place and a new car and a girlfriend and a whole new life really.

And I lost about 50 pounds.

:meow:

<BirdieOwn>

100%

Back