Shit life syndrome.

Phlog

Sgt Sprinkles
@Gold
Reaction score
People are dying earlier in America and increasingly the UK. It was first identified in the African American population, then Hispanic, now it's I'm the whites too:

"US doctors coined a phrase for this condition: “shit-life syndrome”. Poor working-age Americans of all races are locked in a cycle of poverty and neglect, amid wider affluence. They are ill educated and ill trained. The jobs available are drudge work paying the minimum wage, with minimal or no job security. They are trapped in poor neighbourhoods where the prospect of owning a home is a distant dream. There is little social housing, scant income support and contingent access to healthcare. Finding meaning in life is close to impossible; the struggle to survive commands all intellectual and emotional resources. Yet turn on the TV or visit a middle-class shopping mall and a very different and unattainable world presents itself. Knowing that you are valueless, you resort to drugs, antidepressants and booze. You eat junk food and watch your ill-treated body balloon. It is not just poverty, but growing relative poverty in an era of rising inequality, with all its psychological side-effects, that is the killer."

Now I'm a lucky son of a bitch and my parents worked hard giving me a lot of advantages. I married well, got a house, look after myself and have great kids.

But,

I feel this shit life syndrome calling all the time. I know I'm in no way in the same world as the great and the good. Even with all the advantages, being able to do well for myself I still feel the inequality. I reckon if I weren't so lucky I'd be one of these statistics easy.

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...D_4g9ArjJqHF3b9LAJongcpfQLXeD45ZAn4saH7TT37G0

Just sounds like a lot of excuses from peasant losers.

Quality of life for western countries is insanely good and there is ton of opportunity out there

Quality of life for western countries is insanely good and there is ton of opportunity out there
Its not as easy as all that,depending on the situation...esp if your mind already works a certain way but I strove hard to get lisences and network with people. You have to have a mindset for it. You have to put yourself out there. Maybe that might mean moving to another city/country

There is no one to stop you from taking a test or go to school for something that youll need to step up to a different level. Alot of the people complaining like this seem to think that it should fall out of the sky because of all the suffering they endured,are just beaten down. I sympathize with feeling that way,the beaten down part,but if you got breath in you,fuckin pick yourself up and make a go of it.

I got stuck chasing after something,and in the chase i found something hilariously better than what i was striving for. If i hadnt been relentlessly looking id have been double Fucked

Yeah, the cure is a more equal society: a few less people at the top = a lot less people at the bottom. Higher taxes, stronger institutions and more opportunities for the vast majority.

Unfortunately, it's a really hard message to sell during elections.

Its not as easy as all that,depending on the situation...esp if your mind already works a certain way but I strove hard to get lisences and network with people. You have to have a mindset for it. You have to put yourself out there. Maybe that might mean moving to another city/country

There is no one to stop you from taking a test or go to school for something that youll need to step up to a different level. Alot of the people complaining like this seem to think that it should fall out of the sky because of all the suffering they endured,are just beaten down. I sympathize with feeling that way,the beaten down part,but if you got breath in you,fuckin pick yourself up and make a go of it.

I got stuck chasing after something,and in the chase i found something hilariously better than what i was striving for. If i hadnt been looking id have been double Fucked

I think most people don't even know how good they have it and how the rest of the world lives.

If you think it sucks being a shit kicker in the US, you should see how the shitkickers live in developing countries.

I think most people don't even know how good they have it and how the rest of the world lives.

If you think of sucks being a shit kicker in the US, you should see how the shitkickers live in developing countries.
it does take a re-wiring of the persons world view.

You have to be able to enjoy what youve got,find a way to be comfortable there for the time being,because if not youve dug in your heels deep that your life is miserable.Then its YOUR fault. There are people makin three times the money you might be making,that decide they are gonna feel the same way about it.

They gotta stop comparing what they have to what they see on TV.

If rent is the issue,move somewhere,where the rent is cheaper.

If you dont wanna leave your city,because your city is the shit,then stop fucking complaining.

If you think it sucks being a shit kicker in the US, you should see how the shitkickers live in developing countries.

People usually compare themselfs to their surroundings and peers so thats where sadness comes from, that being said people can improve their lifes to certain level

People are dying earlier in America and increasingly the UK. It was first identified in the African American population, then Hispanic, now it's I'm the whites too:

"US doctors coined a phrase for this condition: “shit-life syndrome”. Poor working-age Americans of all races are locked in a cycle of poverty and neglect, amid wider affluence. They are ill educated and ill trained. The jobs available are drudge work paying the minimum wage, with minimal or no job security. They are trapped in poor neighbourhoods where the prospect of owning a home is a distant dream. There is little social housing, scant income support and contingent access to healthcare. Finding meaning in life is close to impossible; the struggle to survive commands all intellectual and emotional resources. Yet turn on the TV or visit a middle-class shopping mall and a very different and unattainable world presents itself. Knowing that you are valueless, you resort to drugs, antidepressants and booze. You eat junk food and watch your ill-treated body balloon. It is not just poverty, but growing relative poverty in an era of rising inequality, with all its psychological side-effects, that is the killer."

Now I'm a lucky son of a bitch and my parents worked hard giving me a lot of advantages. I married well, got a house, look after myself and have great kids.

But,

I feel this shit life syndrome calling all the time. I know I'm in no way in the same world as the great and the good. Even with all the advantages, being able to do well for myself I still feel the inequality. I reckon if I weren't so lucky I'd be one of these statistics easy.

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...D_4g9ArjJqHF3b9LAJongcpfQLXeD45ZAn4saH7TT37G0

How can it call to you when judging by your posts here you have hit only net in last 40 plus years?

The point is that people are aware of the society they live in and they feel accordingly. It comes back to tribal life, what we evolved for.

People are aware of how desperate others in the world's lives can be, but their experience is more abstract. People certainly do get a boost if they spend time around those who are much poorer than them, but the media is full of those doing well, the leaders of society, we look up, not so much down.

It's the way we've evolved, the way our brains work. It's a factor of less equal societies, not weak minds.

People usually compare themselfs to their surroundings amd peers so thsts where sadness comes from, that being said people can improve their lifes to certain level

How can it call to you when judging by your posts here you have hit only net in last 40 plus years?

Hah, I've had all the opportunities and done fuck all with it. Life is comfortable and good but the point is its relative ain't it, I measure myself against perceived contemporaries.

Certain relatve personality traits are likely genetic.

I ain't saying I am effected by shit life syndrome, only that even with all my advantages, I still feel the edge of it. Suggesting, I guess, that from my perspective it seems a real bastard for a lot of people.

Hah, I've had all the opportunities and done fuck all with it. Life is comfortable and good but the point is its relative ain't it, I measure myself against perceived contemporaries.

Certain relatve personality traits are likely genetic.

I ain't saying I am effected by shit life syndrome, only that even with all my advantages, I still feel the edge of it. Suggesting, I guess, that from my perspective it seems a real bastard for a lot of people.

Basically you feel you didnt reach your full potentialTo summarize in one sentence.

Makes sense now

Basically you feel you didnt reach your full potentialTo summarize in one sentence.

Makes sense now

Yes, relative to others!

Which is the point of the article I reckon!

Lots of my friends are married with wife and kids,which is a status in society that is measured against being single and childless,but i would never wanna trade places with them. Id feel more trapped than free. I get to do alot of crazy reckless shit and go wherever the fuck I want and dont gotta answer to anyone. I love that.

Yes, relative to others!

Which is the point of the article I reckon!

Im getting shit life syndrome from not reaching my full potential in english reading comprehension.

Though actually didnt even read the article only thread title lol

Not being satisfied,being hungry,always,does not always have to be a bad thing.

If we are satisfied then there is no pressure for growth, if we are never satisfied there is never any rest!

If we are satisfied then there is no pressure for growth, if we are never satisfied there is never any rest!
Ill rest when im fuckin dead.

Everytime i accomplish something,Im like aite whats next?

Btw yeah this is visible in real life , original term is called not giving a fuck about your life.

Most of my incel friends have it from engineers to construction guys.

(Not that i value my life that much lol)

Even at poverty level the American standard of living is 36 times better than the global average. It sounds like a bunch of spoiled fucks complaining about people who have it better than them.

Last edited:
Even at poverty level the American standard of living is 36 times better than the global average. It sounds like a bunch of spoiled fucks complaining about people that have it better than them.
Those old asian people who collect bottles probably shake their heads at us like we're fuckin stupid to be so wasteful as to throw away free money. They got a point,too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back