Sherdog's P4P Top Ten ranks Woodley #6, Cruz #10

Duck Dodgers

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
What are your thoughts on this? Are they trying to prove a point about how inherently absurd P4P rankings are? The person writing the blurb doesn't even believe it, only going as far as to call him one of "the top 15 to 20 fighters on the planet." It seems to be Cruz's long layoff that's the problem -- yet in the past year, he's been more active than Woodley!

Here is the full list:

1. Jones
2. MM
3. Cormier
4. Alvarez
5. RDA
6. Woodley
7. Lawler
8. McGregor
9. Aldo
10. Cruz

tumblr_nxcvcdDTV51unwvfpo1_500.gif

Even by UFC P4P Rankings standards this list is retarded!

Jones needs to be cut out of that list since he is a cheater.

Alvarez and RDA should be lower.

Why do we care ?

P4P is trash. And JJ can't be on it after he is a proven cheater now

That's some messed up shit.

I'd have Cruz #3.

Pound for pound rankings are usually bullshit, but this is terrible even for P4P rankings standards. Jesus. @Homeless Infant should be doing this, it would be better.

Why do we care ?

P4P is trash. And JJ can't be on it after he is a proven cheater now

They're going to wait until he's suspended. Jones has also fought less often than Cruz over the last year, lol

So winning the title with one punch from a weak champion gets you a high P4P position?

Despite an almost two year self-imposed absence from the sport and the fight before that being a split decision against Kevin Gastelum?

Fucking hell Sherdog.

Yeah, wow. I haven't disagreed strongly about a P4P list in years. I mean, I realize the purpose of P4P lists is either to have some fun, or to piss people off so I usually prefer the having some fun option.

But wow, Cruz and Aldo have dominated every opponent in their entire careers except one loss and they are below the likes of Lawler (11 losses), JDA (8 losses), Alvarez (4 losses) with many of those losses relatively recently.

Cruz should be near the top.

P4P are typically stupid ... but this is a bigger joke than most.

But wow, Cruz and Aldo have dominated every opponent in their entire careers except one loss and they are below the likes of Lawler (11 losses), JDA (8 losses), Alvarez (4 losses) with many of those losses relatively recently.

Aldo is another name that seems too low, although the terrible loss to McGregor makes him tricky to rank. Yes, Conor lost more recently, but at a higher weight class, so his P4P status (if you believe in such a thing) should take less of a hit. I wouldn't think twice if I saw Aldo above Woodley, Lawler, and Alvarez.

P4P = Fighters who currently have the belt and fighters who very recently lost it - scrambled for divisions you respect more with bias towards number of defenses.

Bisping at P4P number 11 still gives me a good chuckle.

1 Cruz
2 Jones
3 Aldo
4 Cormier
5 D. Johnson
6 Nurmagomedov
7 Alvarez
8 Condit
9 Edgar
10 Overeem

Back