Sherdog's Definitive Anti-Aging Thread

If any one wants to buy quality health supplements from a reputable source just go to iherb.com, this coupon code VCW640
will give you 10 dollars off orders over 40 dollars and 5 dollars off orders under 40. Plus they have free shipping which is cool. Also, no expiration date on coupon code.

They got vitamins, minerals, herbs, beauty care, greens, sports nutrition, bodybuilding supplements, raw honey, bee pollen, super foods and so much more.

interested as I am 44 . I don't live old, compete in judo, take care of myself. Have old man strength, but when I look at a lot of my peers it looks like they have given up. if you let yourself go at this age, ,its all over!!!
This was 10 years ago, you're 54 now, what have you learned?

I've started using NMN,

Orally administered NMN is quickly synthesized into NAD+ in tissues in mice. NMN has been able to suppress age-associated weight gain, enhance energy metabolism and physical activity, improve insulin sensitivity, improve eye function, improve mitochondrial metabolism and prevent age-linked changes in gene expression.28 In mice bred to be diabetic or obese, NMN improved both the action and secretion of insulin.29 NMN also protected the mouse heart from ischemia and/or reperfusion injury.30 It has restored skeletal muscle in aged mice31, and slowed cognitive decline in a mouse model of Alzheimer’s disease, by improving the survival of neurons, improving energy metabolism, and reducing reactive oxygen species.32 It may help maintain the integrity of the blood brain barrier.33 NMN is likely a good candidate to suppress inflammaging—the increase in inflammation associated with aging—since studies show it lowers adipose tissue inflammation associated with age. In fact, older mice appear to be more responsive to NMN, in comparison with young mice.

The first thing I look at when trying to guess someone's age is their face, specifically the eyes. Get rid of the bags under your eyes and wrinkles around your eyes.

Solution (nothing ground breaking): specific lotions for anti aging made specific for the eye area (Plenty of brands out there), drink lots of water, don't smoke cigs, and get lots of sleep.

I've started using NMN,

Orally administered NMN is quickly synthesized into NAD+ in tissues in mice. NMN has been able to suppress age-associated weight gain, enhance energy metabolism and physical activity, improve insulin sensitivity, improve eye function, improve mitochondrial metabolism and prevent age-linked changes in gene expression.28 In mice bred to be diabetic or obese, NMN improved both the action and secretion of insulin.29 NMN also protected the mouse heart from ischemia and/or reperfusion injury.30 It has restored skeletal muscle in aged mice31, and slowed cognitive decline in a mouse model of Alzheimer’s disease, by improving the survival of neurons, improving energy metabolism, and reducing reactive oxygen species.32 It may help maintain the integrity of the blood brain barrier.33 NMN is likely a good candidate to suppress inflammaging—the increase in inflammation associated with aging—since studies show it lowers adipose tissue inflammation associated with age. In fact, older mice appear to be more responsive to NMN, in comparison with young mice.

Good luck when you turn into the Fly ;)

Last edited:
thread has been necro'd. is that ironic?

also OP last seen in 2017. RIP

Starting to think this thread may not contain the best health advice

I feel and look old... thanks a lot TS. J/k. Except for the first part :(

Usually the same things that are good for your mental and physical health overall are good for your appearance as well.

Moderate exercise, with strength and cardio
Stay active and keep a normal BMI
Get quality sleep and rest
Reduce stress and do self-care
Reduce alcohol and drugs
Eat mostly whole foods, including healthy fats, fruits, meat, vegetables, fish, nuts, green tea and so on
Nurture your relationships

In addition to that:

Gentle face cleanser in the evening + moisturizer, and then moisturizer + sunscreen in the morning.

Supplement with collagen peptides and hyaluronic acid orally

Dress well and get a nice haircut/beard.

Then if you're feeling frisky you can try a vitamin C, hyaluronic acid or tret serum for your face, but usually moisturizer is enough.

52 year old here. I've been trying to improve my sleep with ZMA. Only just started but feels like making a difference already. Anyone else tried? Also do the moisturising thing twice a day and take iron pills too.

52 year old here. I've been trying to improve my sleep with ZMA. Only just started but feels like making a difference already. Anyone else tried? Also do the moisturising thing twice a day and take iron pills too.
I take a regular zinc pill and magnesium glycinate. About 350mg or so if the mag and that makes a big difference for me

Stay in shape with low body fat percentage, eat clean, lift weights, drink lots of water, get as much sleep as you can.

That is all. I'm 35 and regularly get taken for 10 years younger, probably because most 35 year olds are sloppy fat arses who have long since given up on caring what they look like.

This stuff isn't rocket science. If you're looking for a magic potion or supplement I am afraid you're shit out of luck there.

What happened after 10 years???

Great thread but 4 pages in and no one has mentioned semen retention yet?

What happened after 10 years???
It's 05:27 and I'm about to get out of bed to do cardio before work.

Nothing much has changed, still get taken for 10 years younger. I just lift lighter and more carefully these days as all the injuries have really started to add up over the years.

It's 05:27 and I'm about to get out of bed to do cardio before work.

Nothing much has changed, still get taken for 10 years younger. I just lift lighter and more carefully these days as all the injuries have really started to add up over the years.

It's 18:00 and I'm hungry, gym later tonight.

It's 18:00 and I'm hungry, gym later tonight.
Us old farts just have to keep going with the physical activity. Once we stop, it's all downhill from here.

Actually one thing has changed... I put more effort into stretching now.

Great thread but 4 pages in and no one has mentioned semen retention yet?
If you use that method, then you can't use the semen face mask method.
If you want to practice both, you will need a buddy to help you with the facial semen supply. Tricky.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back