Sherdoggers, explain the hype behind Khamzat to me

I think Khamzat is a good fighter, but honestly, I don't get all this crazy hype behind him.

He's kind of unproven at 185, and he was only somewhat proven at 170. You can say he lived up to his hype with the Burns win, but he was like a -400 favorite but it played out into pretty much a even fight (some even have Burns winning).

Everything else, he finishes people so fast (low level fighters) it's hard to tell what his skill level is (look at t-rex, fast finisher but...).

I just feel like we've seen so little of Khamzat, and for his only extended fight with Burns he did not look like a world beater and that was against a small 170er. Usman crushed Burns... fought elite competition for a long time.

Khamzat fought a lot of weaker competition, and went to life and death against someone that Usman KOed. For all his purported power too, he couldn't KO Burns... who is sort of chinny (not very chinny but a little chinny.)

I don't get... explain the hype to me before I make a big bet on Usman and lose my money?

He just shoots straight away except for when he knocked out Meerschart and went to the death vs Burns.

The fight vs Usman will be interesting. Usman is pretty good at wrestling (especially defensively) and hits like a truck and showed he can still make adjustments at this point in his career vs Leon with the headkick defence.

If Khamzat shoots like crazy and Usman weathers the storm, Usman should be able to get him out of there. I hope we see vintage Usman in this fight, win via foot stomps against the cage haha.

Chimaev is a promising talent, definitely a special type of fighter. But talent alone isn’t enough, he must be committed to mma. I hope he is now.
Usman was life and death with him too
for a couple of minutes. Then it was all Usman. Chimaev went life and death for 15 minutes and got faceplanted. Fought silly and reckless.

Last edited:
Anyone resembling a sheep herder is assumed to be dominant, because that matches the image of Khabib.

I don’t have an affinity for either guy. Double knockout please

Usman got rocked in rd 1, but his jab destroyed Burns. Close round 1, but by round 2, it was all Usman.

I also honestly don't believe Khamzat can take down Usman.

Also, Khamzat can't be that good if he's afraid of going to the ground while he can have top position. Yeah elite jiujitsu guys are always dangerous but position matters a lot. Look at what Islam did to a lot of great jiujitsu guys.

Honestly, I'm just looking for any reasons for me not to put 10k on Usman for this fight.
Drop the racks, post the slip, cheers my friend

I think Khamzat is a good fighter, but honestly, I don't get all this crazy hype behind him.

He's kind of unproven at 185, and he was only somewhat proven at 170. You can say he lived up to his hype with the Burns win, but he was like a -400 favorite but it played out into pretty much a even fight (some even have Burns winning).

Everything else, he finishes people so fast (low level fighters) it's hard to tell what his skill level is (look at t-rex, fast finisher but...).

I just feel like we've seen so little of Khamzat, and for his only extended fight with Burns he did not look like a world beater and that was against a small 170er. Usman crushed Burns... fought elite competition for a long time.

Khamzat fought a lot of weaker competition, and went to life and death against someone that Usman KOed. For all his purported power too, he couldn't KO Burns... who is sort of chinny (not very chinny but a little chinny.)

I don't get... explain the hype to me before I make a big bet on Usman and lose my money?
Something something

Analyzing skill and not Wikipedia

He ran through very legitimate competition like butter, and only struggled with Burns because he tried to bullrush him. His biggest weakness is his propensity to be overaggressive. Li, Holland, Aliskerov are not "low level competition".

But he is simply imposing. Excellent wrestling, powerful hands, as tough as they come. I think he will murder Usman.
I think the dude is just a warrior

His pride wouldn't allow him to fight a smart, tactical fight

Instead, he fought burns at his own game. Went to war and beat him there.

I think he had the ability to fight a more measured fight but chose not to.

Back