Sherdoggers, explain the hype behind Khamzat to me

Sean_wongster_wongmastter

Double Yellow Card
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
I think Khamzat is a good fighter, but honestly, I don't get all this crazy hype behind him.

He's kind of unproven at 185, and he was only somewhat proven at 170. You can say he lived up to his hype with the Burns win, but he was like a -400 favorite but it played out into pretty much a even fight (some even have Burns winning).

Everything else, he finishes people so fast (low level fighters) it's hard to tell what his skill level is (look at t-rex, fast finisher but...).

I just feel like we've seen so little of Khamzat, and for his only extended fight with Burns he did not look like a world beater and that was against a small 170er. Usman crushed Burns... fought elite competition for a long time.

Khamzat fought a lot of weaker competition, and went to life and death against someone that Usman KOed. For all his purported power too, he couldn't KO Burns... who is sort of chinny (not very chinny but a little chinny.)

I don't get... explain the hype to me before I make a big bet on Usman and lose my money?

I don't understand how you CAN'T see it, even if you don't like him.

Whether or not he'll live up to it is another thing, but you really can't see why people see potential in him?

To be a futute champ, maybe.
To be top 5. yeah.

To run through Usman? Don't see it unless Usman is less than 50% of what he was.

I dont know, but can’t stand the guy or his annoying hype. Hope Usman humbles him and makes all you fanboys cry.

<{yearp}>

Did you actually watch Burns’ fight with Usman? Usman was life and death with him too. And Usman is not good off of his back like Burns is. Khamzat will happily go to the ground with Usman. Styles make fights and not many fighters have BJJ as good as Burns does.

Did you actually watch Burns’ fight with Usman? Usman was life and death with him too. And Usman is not good off of his back like Burns is. Khamzat will happily go to the ground with Usman. Styles make fights and not many fighters have BJJ as good as Burns does.

Usman got rocked in rd 1, but his jab destroyed Burns. Close round 1, but by round 2, it was all Usman.

I also honestly don't believe Khamzat can take down Usman.

Also, Khamzat can't be that good if he's afraid of going to the ground while he can have top position. Yeah elite jiujitsu guys are always dangerous but position matters a lot. Look at what Islam did to a lot of great jiujitsu guys.

Honestly, I'm just looking for any reasons for me not to put 10k on Usman for this fight.

I like how Khamzat can destroy so many fighters and people have no clue why people are hyped. Do you think Mike Tyson would've got shit like this? Like if sherdog was in the 90s the thread would be "Why is everyone hyped for Tyson, he KO'd guys but they are nobodies!".

He's just been so insanely dominant and does it with flair. Clearly high level grappling, power in his hands, and not afraid to fight outside of his strengths. Not to mention a supreme confidence in himself and the balls to say it into a microphone.

Regardless of the "level" of opponents that we may want to criticize he's beaten multiple men who do this for a living (I know this term is debatable in MMA haha...) without breaking a sweat. Gotta at least give him the credit for that.

He's just been so insanely dominant and does it with flair. Clearly high level grappling, power in his hands, and not afraid to fight outside of his strengths. Not to mention a supreme confidence in himself and the balls to say it into a microphone.

Regardless of the "level" of opponents that we may want to criticize he's beaten multiple men who do this for a living (I know this term is debatable in MMA haha...) without breaking a sweat. Gotta at least give him the credit for that.

I feel like all of this could be said about T-Rex, all of his fights could have been first round wins for him. He always comes very close of walking out of every fight with a first round win, what if he did, would he have the same hype as Khamzat?

A lot of power, great wrestling/grappling.

from a strange land. funny lip w a big beard.

<36>

Usman KTFO'd burns in the 3rd round after a lucky punch by burns shook usman off his game for a second. If the Burns/Chimaev fight was 5 rounds, burns would've won by decision.

Back