Sherdoggers, explain the hype behind Khamzat to me

I mean, he has a couple fights where he didn't take a single strike. I know, he fought lower level guys but even the lower level guys have spent their entire lives training to hit people in the face. Holland is a legit fighter and didn't land a single punch. Also, didn't Khamzat bust blood vessels in Holland's eyes from squeezing so hard? We don't know how he's going to perform against the top of the divisions but what he has done so far is pretty impressive if you're being objective.

he one shotted meerschardt
ragdolled Li and Holland

not many guys can do that. but he looked sloppy against burns compared to what bilal did.

<36>

Usman KTFO'd burns in the 3rd round after a lucky punch by burns shook usman off his game for a second. If the Burns/Chimaev fight was 5 rounds, burns would've won by decision.
Ok well you’ve ignored the main point of my post and invented a scenario that can’t be proven either way. Good job I guess.

You think Hooker would be a tougher fight for Usman than Burns? Because that’s how useful MMAth is this instance. Burns offers totally different challenges than Usman. And Burns is not some bum.

<36>

Usman KTFO'd burns in the 3rd round after a lucky punch by burns shook usman off his game for a second. If the Burns/Chimaev fight was 5 rounds, burns would've won by decision.

The fuck he would've. Rewatch the 3rd round of Burns/Chimaev again and you will see you're wrong. If anything Khamzat almost stopped Burns in the 3rd round with pressure as Burns was fading ffs.

it's the Khabib effect

everyone thinks every eastern bloc wrestler is the next coming of Khabib!
There is truth to this. Especially since Khamzat bursted onto the scene at the peak of Khabibs popularity.

Perfect timing, coupled with his exciting fight style, look, and intensity, is the reason for Khamzat hype.

I mean, he has a couple fights where he didn't take a single strike. I know, he fought lower level guys but even the lower level guys have spent their entire lives training to hit people in the face. Holland is a legit fighter and didn't land a single punch. Also, didn't Khamzat bust blood vessels in Holland's eyes from squeezing so hard? We don't know how he's going to perform against the top of the divisions but what he has done so far is pretty impressive if you're being objective.

I'm very skeptical on jumping on fighters who have quick dominant showings.
I mean Spivak beat Lewis without taking any damage.
upload_2023-10-20_14-27-27.png

And looked what happened to him vs Gane.

To be a futute champ, maybe.
To be top 5. yeah.

To run through Usman? Don't see it unless Usman is less than 50% of what he was.
50% lol 50% usman wouldn't even make it into the ufc...

he one shotted meerschardt
ragdolled Li and Holland

not many guys can do that. but he looked sloppy against burns compared to what bilal did.
That wasn't the same fighter burns looked old and injured against Belal and they stared at eachother

I'm very skeptical on jumping on fighters who have quick dominant showings.
I mean Spivak beat Lewis without taking any damage.
View attachment 1007553

And looked what happened to him vs Gane.
Yeah, but Khamzat has had like 4 or 5 fights in the UFC and has only taken damage in one of them. I'm doing this off the top of my head so I'm not 100% how many fights he's taken punches in but I know it's a few. Plus, I believe the people at WW and even MW are more skilled than HWs, with a few exceptions like Jones of course.

Khamzat smoked everyone then beat the number 2 or 3 WW and then smoked Holland. I'm not sure where exactly Holland ranks but it definitely was a good win. I understand that someone may not understand the hype but beating several fighters and taking 0 shots doing it is impressive. Doing it multiple times proves its not a fluke or a one off, like you pointed out.

30% Usman was 30-27 UFC fighters.

That's just something stupid people say... Michael Jordan at 45 years old was more than 50% of his prime... and he wouldn't make the NBA.... shit think about actually being at 30%... springing at 3 miles per hour... punching at less than sparring speed... wrestling about as fast as he did against Justin in the open workout. He'd be humiliated by amatures lol...

Like 3 years ago, he crushed some cans 10 days apart, and everyone went nuts. Since that time, he hasn't done much but sit around and complain a lot on social media claiming no one will fight and acting like he should be awarded immediate title shots in whichever division he chooses. He's only fought one top level guy, which was Burns, and it was a very tough fight, but give him credit for gutting it out for the decision win. Usman will be his 2nd real test, but the odds are stacked in his favor with Usman only having like 9 days to prepare and never having fought at 185 before. Usman is also getting a little up in age, and didn't look good in his last fight, so I'm not expecting this to be much of a challenge for Khamzat.

I think Khamzat is a good fighter, but honestly, I don't get all this crazy hype behind him.

He's kind of unproven at 185, and he was only somewhat proven at 170. You can say he lived up to his hype with the Burns win, but he was like a -400 favorite but it played out into pretty much a even fight (some even have Burns winning).

Everything else, he finishes people so fast (low level fighters) it's hard to tell what his skill level is (look at t-rex, fast finisher but...).

I just feel like we've seen so little of Khamzat, and for his only extended fight with Burns he did not look like a world beater and that was against a small 170er. Usman crushed Burns... fought elite competition for a long time.

Khamzat fought a lot of weaker competition, and went to life and death against someone that Usman KOed. For all his purported power too, he couldn't KO Burns... who is sort of chinny (not very chinny but a little chinny.)

I don't get... explain the hype to me before I make a big bet on Usman and lose my money?
Khamzat ran through a few jobbers and gatekeepers and now the TUF and DWCS crowd thinks he is the next champ. For modern terms compare him to Johnny Walker, for older terms he is like Houston Alexander.

The Holland fight is the only one of his I've seen. And that was enough for him to become a "one to watch" for me.

I think Khamzat is a good fighter, but honestly, I don't get all this crazy hype behind him.

He's kind of unproven at 185, and he was only somewhat proven at 170. You can say he lived up to his hype with the Burns win, but he was like a -400 favorite but it played out into pretty much a even fight (some even have Burns winning).

Everything else, he finishes people so fast (low level fighters) it's hard to tell what his skill level is (look at t-rex, fast finisher but...).

I just feel like we've seen so little of Khamzat, and for his only extended fight with Burns he did not look like a world beater and that was against a small 170er. Usman crushed Burns... fought elite competition for a long time.

Khamzat fought a lot of weaker competition, and went to life and death against someone that Usman KOed. For all his purported power too, he couldn't KO Burns... who is sort of chinny (not very chinny but a little chinny.)

I don't get... explain the hype to me before I make a big bet on Usman and lose my money?

Muslims ..end thread

it's worth the yellow if i get one

Back