Sherdog

Belfort vs Ortiz and Belfort vs Herring.

And Machida vs Shogun should not be on the list, it was a close fight.

Belfort vs Ortiz and Belfort vs Herring.

And Machida vs Shogun should not be on the list, it was a close fight.

nah if definitely deserves to be on the list and def towards the top. You'd have to be biased to think otherwise

people get carried away with this revisionist history

nah if definitely deserves to be on the list and def towards the top. You'd have to be biased to think otherwise

The last 2 rounds, Shogun all the way. The first 3 rounds were very close, 50/50, so Machida could actually have won those, even though they were close.

But people just seem to remember the last 2 were Shogun won, impressively. So they bear that in mind thinking it was a robbery. Wich it clearly were not. And im not biased. Not at all.

It's more bullshit it's not #1.

list was ok, but with those kind of lists something is always bound to be missed

It was decent, but needed a little tweaking, imo.

The most controversial and talked about fights of all time have been:

Rampage/Ninja
Ricco/Big Nog
Bisping/Hammil
Leonard Garcia/Nam Phan I
Kampmann/Diego
Shogun/Machida I
Ring/Fukuda
Randleman/Bas

etc, ... the list could go on and on

Ricco/Big Nog is #1 with a bullet for me. Can you say corrupt?? And I despise Ricco and love Big Nog.

Anyhow, in regards to Randleman/Bas, atleast there was more appreciation for the ground game back then (if that's really why Bas was given the decision).

KZ v. Garcia 1 should be on there.

At least with Machida v. Davis you can kind of argue how Davis deserved to win.

Penn v. Edgar was close.

KZ v. Garcia was just an ass whooping. KZ was basically an effect Garcia in that fight. I also think Fukuda v. Ring and Cariaso v. Mizugaki were terrible decisions that came out of nowhere

quote from the article: "Like many of his bouts, Edgar did just enough to win, not in the eyes of the viewers and media but to those sitting cageside with scorecards at the ready. After all, they were the ones who mattered."

author confirmed for dicksucker

The last 2 rounds, Shogun all the way. The first 3 rounds were very close, 50/50, so Machida could actually have won those, even though they were close.

But people just seem to remember the last 2 were Shogun won, impressively. So they bear that in mind thinking it was a robbery. Wich it clearly were not. And im not biased. Not at all.

awesome dude

I don't really care I'm just not going to let people get away with that revisionist history shit

KZ v. Garcia 1 should be on there.

At least with Machida v. Davis you can kind of argue how Davis deserved to win.

Penn v. Edgar was close.

KZ v. Garcia was just an ass whooping. KZ was basically an effect Garcia in that fight. I also think Fukuda v. Ring and Cariaso v. Mizugaki were terrible decisions that came out of nowhere

KZ vs. Garcia I did not go anything like that. KZ didn't dominate that fight. According to Fightmetric the 1st round was all KZ, outlanding Garcia 51-18 but over the last 2 rounds KZ outlanded Garcia 55-53. Not exactly a 1 sided beating.

It's more bullshit it's not #1.

When I saw the Davis-Machida fight on there I was surprised to see it at all tbh knowing some writers have a hardy for machida

But it is one of top 5 worst decisions in mma period to the point where the only argument is "well the rounds were kinds close"

When I saw the Davis-Machida fight on there I was surprised to see it at all tbh knowing some writers have a hardy for machida

But it is one of top 5 worst decisions in mma period to the point where the only argument is "well the rounds were kinds close"

Only watched once and I knew Davis would win. I bet $500 on Shogun because he was such a sick under dog. I was so excited until they read the decision. Literally the entire bar I was at, left in disgust. One of the greatest LHW battles is flawed due to the corrupt/uneducated judging.

A list made to highlight which fights aren't included.

Noons vs. Couture should be at least top 5 IMO.

Such an overlooked terrible decision.

Only watched once and I knew Davis would win. I bet $500 on Shogun because he was such a sick under dog. I was so excited until they read the decision. Literally the entire bar I was at, left in disgust. One of the greatest LHW battles is flawed due to the corrupt/uneducated judging.

I knew Davis would win too lol cause the takedowns when not much else happened the guy who finished strong will always get it

Just re watched the first 3 rounds. Very close fight. Robbery my ass.

KZ vs. Garcia I did not go anything like that. KZ didn't dominate that fight. According to Fightmetric the 1st round was all KZ, outlanding Garcia 51-18 but over the last 2 rounds KZ outlanded Garcia 55-53. Not exactly a 1 sided beating.

Did you watch the fight though? The only round that Garcia maybe could have arguably won was round 3.

KZ smashed him in the first round and the second round. Not just in strikes, but the little amount of time the fight went to the ground involved KZ beating his ass.

Ricco/Big Nog is #1 with a bullet for me. Can you say corrupt?? And I despise Ricco and love Big Nog.
The two judges that scored the fight for Nog were American lol. The one that went against him was Japanese... Hell, one of judges that scored it for Nog was Matt Hume. An American catch wrestler, who had way more reason to be biased towards Ricco than Nogueira since all of Rodriguez' training partners were American catch wrestlers.

Here's Matt's opinion on the subject

I mean, it's fine if you disagree with the decision. But to call corruption when the American judges didn't even give the win to the American makes no sense.

The two judges that scored the fight for Nog were American lol. The one that went against him was Japanese... Hell, one of judges that scored it for Nog was Matt Hume. An American catch wrestler, who had way more reason to be biased towards Ricco than Nogueira since all of Rodriguez' training partners were American catch wrestlers.

Here's Matt's opinion on the subject

I mean, it's fine if you disagree with the decision. But to call corruption when the American judges didn't even give the win to the American makes no sense.
I don't see what his nationality has to do with anything. Hume worked for Pride, not America.

Back