Sherdog

Gomi v Sanchez was atrocious. Nam vs Garcia was well beyond atrocious.

Hatsu Hioki vs Clay Guida was BAD ! Guida landed like 3 takedowns, ZERO ground and pound and kept holding on for dear life trying to escape submission attempts while eating g'n'p from the bottom by Hioki.
On the feet he got beaten up.

seems a strange time to do a top 10 worst decisions list that close to the controversial decision of Gus - Jones without including it. The whole point of the list to show us that Gus - Jones was a correct decision?

Anyone else notice its the same judges handing out crap decisions? I'm baffled none of them have been fired. Especially Cecil Peoples.

I agree, someone needs to police the police.

Shogun-Machida I was not among the worst decisions ever - really bad decision, Shogun was the clear victor, but not one of the worst. Among the most controversial decisions? Yes, because it was so high profile. Among the worst decisions period? Hell no, *plenty* have been way worse.

It was probably the worst decision in a major MMA title fight, however. So it does have that going for it.
Even worse than that was Kevin Burns vs Anthony Johnson. Burns repeatedly poked Johnson in the eye, and was even warned for it, then poked him so bad he couldn't continue and Burns was given the TKO victory for cheating by that scumbag idiot Steve Mazaggati..
100% agree, single worst call in an MMA fight by any ref or judge.
Ricco Rodriguez dominated Nogueria regardless of how many sub attempts from Nog. That fight is top 5 worst decisions ever...
By Pride criteria, Nog won. They didn't have "wrestlehump" criteria. Top position with zero actual offense did not cause Ricco to win that fight. Matt Hume had an excellent article on that fight and why Nog won according to Pride's criteria.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/PRIDE-Judge-Matt-Hume-Defends-Nog-vs-Ricco-Decision-1157

Randelman-Bas is often cited by the same people as a bad decision that say Ricco-Nog was a bad decision. But that was in pre-wrestlehump precedent days UFC, and if more fights were judged by the same criteria Bas-Randleman was, MMA would be a better sport today.
seems a strange time to do a top 10 worst decisions list that close to the controversial decision of Gus - Jones without including it. The whole point of the list to show us that Gus - Jones was a correct decision?
Even if you don't agree with Jones-Gus, to call it one of the 200 worst decision in "big league" MMA history is utterly absurd, let alone 10 worst. By most measures that was a close fight.

Rampage-Forrest is similar. Close fight, belongs nowhere near a "worst decisions" list.

Rampage vs Ninja should be top 10.

And Couture vs Pedro Rizzo 1 should be top 10 too, but it was not even included among the honorable mentions ! Had Rizzo been born in US he would have won that decision...

Couture vs Rizzo was a clear win for Randy, no matter what Randy's expression at the end of the fight makes you think. And that's coming from a Rizzo fan.

47-46 Randy IMO.

Cecil Peoples was a judge in three of the fights on the list. I think we can safely say he's not just a bad judge, but a corrupt one.

As much as people arguing about it, I think Bisping won the Hammil fight. He got rounds 2 and 3 pretty clearly with his striking.

Also, Wisniewski vs. Jorge(which just happened) is one of the most blatant robberies I've seen in MMA. If anyone actually gave a shit about those guys it would be all over this thread.

As much as people arguing about it, I think Bisping won the Hammil fight. He got rounds 2 and 3 pretty clearly with his striking.

I felt Matt won the fight IMO but when I rewatched it years later I felt the 2nd and 3rd round was definietly a lot closer than people made out.

Randleman/Bas was a good decision though. Randleman clearly lost that fight from the top. He landed almost no strikes of consequence and was beaten bloody by Bas from his back. The UFC now would be far better if they judged fights like that. Randleman tried to LNP his way to decision, got outworked and lost his belt.

Did you see what Bas's head looked like after the fight?? because it was a fucking mess.

Also Randleman had no belt to lose

Unless Couture/Rizzo I is #1, this list is meaningless. Couture/Rizzo I is the worst decision in the history of decisions. It was a worse decision than Lincoln deciding "I'm gonna go check out 'Our American Cousin'".

In fact, my top 3 workst decisions are all from that era.

#1 - Couture/Rizzo I
#2 - Rutten/Randleman
#3 - Coleman/Smith

When the UFC first went to a judges format, the decisions were AWFUL.

Did you see what Bas's head looked like after the fight?? because it was a fucking mess.

Also Randleman had no belt to lose

Right you are belt was vacant then. Randy took his belt.

Back