Sherdog Rankings: Phil Davis > Gus

Lol...I don't have a dog in this race. I was stating some facts. Why would I care bout who Sherdog puts at 5 or 6?

I was refuting some "facts". Yeah why would you?

Fair enough ranking. Davis hasnt put a foot wrong with the exception of Rashad - who is probably the #2 fighter in the division.

And Gus wasn't all that impressive against Shogun.

I was refuting some "facts". Yeah why would you?

You sounded a bit biased

And he's 8:th. Davis is 5:th thx to his stellar lnp victory where he stole all his glory.

I think Shogun is overrated, hence my original post. Flame suit on

You sounded a bit biased

I think Shogun is overrated, hence my original post. Flame suit on

I am a bit biased. But not more so than you... :icon_chee

You think Shogun is a bit overrated and as someone so kindly pointed out to you Lil Nog is 100X more overrated in that case. Guys he's struggled with have been crushed by guys who in turn have been crushed by Alex. Beating Lil Nog these days means you're positioned around the Matyushenkos and does not warrant a top 5 position in any way, shape or form. I'd say just below or fringe top 10 is about right if you're able to beat Lil Nog impressively.

I am a bit biased. But not more so than you... :icon_chee

You think Shogun is a bit overrated and as someone so kindly pointed out to you Lil Nog is 100X more overrated in that case. Guys he's struggled with have been crushed by guys who in turn have been crushed by Alex. Beating Lil Nog these days means you're positioned around the Matyushenkos and does not warrant a top 5 position in any way, shape or form. I'd say just below or fringe top 10 is about right if you're able to beat Lil Nog impressively.

Who am I biased for?

I don't think Little Nog is a top fighter. I just stated his UFC record.

Mr. Wonderful finished him once, he'd do it again in a rematch.

Gus beats overrated fighters.

Phil beats fighters so bad they leave the division.

On a serious note, though Phil got dominated by Rashad.... its fucking Rashad Evans....

You know... only lost twice ever... to Jon Jones and Lyoto Machida...

Former Champion...

Might very well be the second best LHW in the world...

Yeah THAT Rashad Evans...

I figured out why.

28uljk4.jpg

Who am I biased for?

I don't think Little Nog is a top fighter. I just stated his UFC record.

How would I know why You are biased?

You didn't just state his record, you said "The he beat Shogun argument is not what it used to be. 5-5 in the UFC" and in response to this someone mentioned that the "'he beat lil nog argument' is worth even less. he lnp'd hogerio, and minotouro has an abysmal record in the ufc" to which you responded "Rogerio is 3-2 in the UFC" and I chimed in with...

"Luiz Can

I think I have no idea why lil nog is ahead of bader.

Davis above gus is understandable as Davis finished him.

How would I know why You are biased?

You didn't just state his record, you said "The he beat Shogun argument is not what it used to be. 5-5 in the UFC" and in response to this someone mentioned that the "'he beat lil nog argument' is worth even less. he lnp'd hogerio, and minotouro has an abysmal record in the ufc" to which you responded "Rogerio is 3-2 in the UFC" and I chimed in with...

"Luiz Can

Did he not finish Gus in the first round? Or are you saying Lil Nog is better than Gus?

Gustafsson wasn't even a top 30 LHW when Davis beat him. Lil' Nog was in the #7 - #10 range. So yes, Lil' Nog WAS better. Your rank shouldn't increase because of someones wins AFTER you beat them.

Well he did put a clinic on against him

LHW rankings from back then.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/4/28/1447447/usat-sbn-march-mma-consensus

Lyoto era had just begun. Shogun was #2. Hendo had just lost to Jake Shields (the rightful current #2 LHW thus?) a few days prior and was ranked at #14. Jon Jones was an interesting up and comer who'd just lost a DQ vs Hamill but somehow was ranked #11 with his best wins over Bonnar and O'Brien. Forrest was ranked #5 after bouncing back from his Anderson defeat with a win over Tito. Rampage was #4 and on TUF against Rashad at #3 who'd just barely scraped by Thiago Silva at #10. King Mo was #8 thx to being an american wrestler or whatever...

Lots of things have changed since then including every single aspect of Gustafsson's game. Since then Gus has beaten far better competition and should be behind Davis no more than Hendo should be behind Shields.

You are reading too much into not very many words.

Huh?? I'm just a dude posting on Sherdog. I replied, you replied, I replied etc.

Like the irony though.

Back