SHERDOG MOVIE CLUB: Let's pick the Week 176 movie!

SHERDOG MOVIE CLUB: Let's pick the Week 176 movie!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't think cutting the people that irregularly participate will galvanize the people who regularly participate into a higher level of participation.

At least, it won't do so for me.

Regulars are already regular so why would it? It's the irregulars that need to step up or get chopped. And yes, less rope would do that.

upload_2019-9-11_17-18-5.png

<{fry}>

This Weeks Top Theme is "Top 5... Butts in Cinema"
Hey, I'm sorry people. He insisted! I couldn't stop the cur! I guess he just wanted some levity with this theme.​

63244-1532336916.jpg

I will say that the Shining thread made me appreciate that movie even more.

I'm curious, does anybody have any real interest in any of these films? We just had a masterpiece in The Shining and less than half of the club commented on it. :(

Some people are busy mate. Also the shining is overrated.

Same here.
I don't recall ever reading the sexual abuse theory.
Even the visuals alone stood out to me even more upon re-watching it.

I still can't believe SMC hadn't watched it yet.
Thank God for @FrontNakedKubrick

Kubrick puts on a clinic. Its like a combination of all the different methods you might use in a film and were taught in film school but all in one film and done flawlessly. His use of set design, symmetry, color, shifting furniture around slightly, mirrors, doors, metaphor, he just puts it all together and its so damn subtle, you won't even notice most of it unless its pointed out. Think about this. When Jaws came out people were afraid to go in the ocean. It was that much of an impact. I'm telling you right now I've been in certain long and empty hotel hallways where I was creeped out and didn't know why until I realized it had a Shining feeling to it.

Then maybe don't be a member if 2-3 hours a week is regularly too much to handle.

Or quit bitching I participate as much as possible and at least every couple weeks and reducing the number of members isn't going to help anything. Maybe nominate stuff that's more easily accessible aka on netflix or other streaming services.

Or quit bitching I participate as much as possible and at least every couple weeks and reducing the number of members isn't going to help anything. Maybe nominate stuff that's more easily accessible aka on netflix or other streaming services.

I'd rather bitch than whine. :D

I've got to say that I may be dropping out too. I'm going to sleep on it.

I can say that the last several times I have written my usual long review of films, I have gotten responses from @Cubo de Sangre and maybe a couple of likes from my buddies @FrontNakedChoke and @MusterX . Nobody else interacts with my posts at all. That is discouraging when I spend three hours of my time, that I have little of coz I'm a high school teacher, and all I get are crickets.

I agree that the quality of the movies nominated has dropped since I joined the Club. The first cycle I participated in was a lot of fun. This last cycle sucked. I didn't even want to rank the films.

Yes - I prefer more mainstream flicks, but I certainly gave it my all until recently when I just feel like my commentary has no audience. At the start I was willing to give anything a shot. Now, not so much....

So I guess we will see what tomorrow brings!

@MusterX, jump me out.

Cheers, fellas.

I've got to say that I may be dropping out too. I'm going to sleep on it.

I can say that the last several times I have written my usual long review of films, I have gotten responses from @Cubo de Sangre and maybe a couple of likes from my buddies @FrontNakedChoke and @MusterX . Nobody else interacts with my posts at all. That is discouraging when I spend three hours of my time, that I have little of coz I'm a high school teacher, and all I get are crickets.

I agree that the quality of the movies nominated has dropped since I joined the Club. The first cycle I participated in was a lot of fun. This last cycle sucked. I didn't even want to rank the films.

Yes - I prefer more mainstream flicks, but I certainly gave it my all until recently when I just feel like my commentary has no audience. At the start I was willing to give anything a shot. Now, not so much....

So I guess we will see what tomorrow brings!

upload_2019-9-12_1-7-5.gif

upload_2019-9-12_1-5-43.gif

well i for one am ready to feel real sad. hoping the film i voted for pulls through in the end because i’ve been meaning to watch it for a hot minute.

The biggest issue for me is people who actually choose the nominations not taking much part in the threads, if your not choosing films you actually want to discuss then why bother? if the nominator takes an active role that helps things along massively IMHO. You don't actally need a ton of people involved each week to get a good discussion, its perfectly possible with 3-4.

Related to this as well is perhaps the kinds of films being chosen? personally I don't see too much point in either very straight forward cinema with little room for discussion or obscurism for its own sake. Everone might have their own boundary for what's obscure I spose but in this case I think the issue is more are you choosing the film because you think it merits discussion or not?

Honestly as well I do think the nature of some peoples posting is off putting, I would call for example for a ban on gifs outside of those that actually relate directly to the film in question and ask people to back away from lots of individual more conversational quotes. Maybe break up posts a little but not 20 sub quotes each responded to with one line which IMHO makes for pretty poor and frustrating reading unlikely to drawn anyone else into the discussion.

Maybe as well an acceptance that discussion is going to go on for more than one week? bringing up threads when you do get around to watching something.

Last edited:
Hard but interesting topic and good picks this week!

Butts:
1) Lina Romay’s butt peek-a-boo during taking a blood bath in Jess Franco’s Female Vampire.
2) Jess Franco’s butt making a rare appearances in Downtown to delight his female fans.
3) Bloodsucking Freaks
4) Deathstalker. Sometimes I get a feeling from a b-movie, that instead of the usual bra size based casting for female roles the process has been butt driven. This is one of those movies.
5) Chill Factor. This is another.

Back