SHERDOG MOVIE CLUB: Let's pick the Week 16 movie!

Sherdog Movie Club: Let's Pick the Week 16 Movie!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It strikes me as the kind of movie that you would like. Honestly, I'm a little disappointed that you've seen it before.

Mathematics is the language of nature, of the entire universe. Who knows what we will discover once we delve deep enough.

Fucking PI I tried watching this once. Looked horrible. Guess I'll give it another shot.

Fucking PI I tried watching this once. Looked horrible. Guess I'll give it another shot.

I noticed you didn't show up for the last three movies. Honestly, I was about to send you the Judgment Day PM saying that since you haven't been participating I was pulling you from the member list.

Are you in this thing or what?

I noticed you didn't show up for the last three movies. Honestly, I was about to send you the Judgment Day PM saying that since you haven't been participating I was pulling you from the member list.

Are you in this thing or what?

Yep no more excuses I'll be here.

Any opportunities for new a member to sign up? Very interested and love movies.

Yeah it's open sign ups. Do you understand how the cult works? One member nominates five films, all members vote, and the winning film is then watched and discussed. Everything revolves around Wensdays, that's when the new threads are started. In this week, Pi emerged the victor. Shadow_Priest will add you officially when he returns.

Here is a list of all the pictures we've seen so far, if you're intrested.

http://www.imdb.com/list/ls060610430/

Europe is right. If you want in, I can add you to the member list.

Did you understand his explanation on how the club works?

One other thing I should mention: There's a minimum participation requirement. We've had a lot of members sign up and then not participate, so if you go three straight weeks without participating in the discussion threads, you get removed from the member list.

Any questions? And do you want in?

And if you're wondering what kind of person would name themselves SirTeaBag...well you'll just have to keep wondering

Obviously a notorious tea-party partisan. Thats the only explenation.:cool:

Yeah it's open sign ups. Do you understand how the cult works? One member nominates five films, all members vote, and the winning film is then watched and discussed. Everything revolves around Wensdays, that's when the new threads are started. In this week, Pi emerged the victor. Shadow_Priest will add you officially when he returns.

Here is a list of all the pictures we've seen so far, if you're intrested.

http://www.imdb.com/list/ls060610430/
Oh cool list!

I think Victoria is the best movie we've watched yet (that I was able to participate in watching, I missed 4-13, lmao). I really enjoyed that film.

And if you're wondering what kind of person would name themselves SirTeaBag...well you'll just have to keep wondering

LOLLLLLLLLLLL

That's fucking hilarious!

Is that Europe's page? I thought gorgonon was keeping the list.

Oh cool list!

I think Victoria is the best movie we've watched yet (that I was able to participate in watching, I missed 4-13, lmao). I really enjoyed that film.

I'm glad to know that someone is a fan.

Waaaay to much Pi negetivity in here.:cool:

. I don't want to throw up 5 versions of Tarkovsky's, Stalker

NUyttbn.gif

I've actually seen some Russian B-movie remakes of Tarkovsky's films. Like Star Inspector (Zvyozdny inspektor), for example, which was a remake of Solaris. Never seen a Stalker rip-off though. Though the thought alone makes me wish to post more heavy breathing gifs.

I will agree with you that weird wins more often than not.

Kinda funny how the weirdest one (and best) of them all didn't win, The Holy Mountain.

It's a double-edged sword, but I have noticed that the Club as a unit tends to lean toward the least mainstream entries on a regular basis.

You also have to consider that the least mainstream movies are the ones the least people have seen. I almost always vote for the entitys I haven't seen, for example. So they do tend to have an advantage in that regard.

My thinking is, you could make a list of 5 blockbusters like,

Exorcist
Jaws
The Shining
The Thing
Alien

Those films are excellent discussion films though. Plenty of meat in them to talk about (Jaws having somewhat less though I suppose).

Problem is, we have all seen those awesome films so I wanted to stay away from that sort of list. As I posted before, we have had quite a few thinker based, highbrowed films as well with directors such as Herzog, so I wanted to try to stay away from that.

If youre looking for inspiration, I would just like to point out that we have not seen a film from the pre-50s yet.:D

Is that Europe's page? I thought gorgonon was keeping the list.

Its an imdb page where the user has made an Shakespear list. Play the detective and you'll figure it out.;)

My imdb page includes waaay more reviews of B-movies.

http://www.imdb.com/user/ur58620386/?ref_=nb_usr_prof_0

Waaaay to much Pi negetivity in here.:cool:

NUyttbn.gif

I've actually seen some Russian B-movie remakes of Tarkovsky's films. Like Star Inspector (Zvyozdny inspektor), for example, which was a remake of Solaris. Never seen a Stalker rip-off though. Though the thought alone makes me wish to post more heavy breathing gifs.

The selection process tasks me.

th

Europe is right. If you want in, I can add you to the member list.

Did you understand his explanation on how the club works?

One other thing I should mention: There's a minimum participation requirement. We've had a lot of members sign up and then not participate, so if you go three straight weeks without participating in the discussion threads, you get removed from the member list.

Any questions? And do you want in?

No questions. I'm in and thanks a lot!

No questions. I'm in and thanks a lot!

All right, cool. You're added.

Like Europe said, everything revolves around Wednesday. Both the discussion thread and the voting thread to pick the next week's movie goes up then. You've got six members ahead of you, but once your turn comes up you'll get a week to yourself to nominate five films (which we will vote on and then we watch the winner).

Back