SHERDOG MOVIE CLUB: Let's pick the Week 155 movie!

SHERDOG MOVIE CLUB: Let's pick the Week 155 movie!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rubber as in the movie about a killer tire? We actually watched that for the club a while back.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/sherdog-movie-club-week-44-discussion-rubber.3481915/

That's the one. Funny enough, I can see in that thread that I actually posted in it...but only to take @BeardotheWeirdo to task for failing to hail Volcano as the GOAT disaster movie. I guess my love of Volcano and Tommy Lee Jones kept me from realizing that a thread devoted to Rubber would probably have been a good place to mention that when I was working for the film criticism website Film Monthly I wrote a review of it :confused:o_O

It's not quite on the same level as the Scream films - then again, very few meta films, and no meta horror films, are - but it plays with genre conventions far more intelligently and effectively than similar stuff that was coming out around that time like Kick-Ass and Zombieland IMO. Not a masterpiece but definitely an inspired and entertaining film.

I guess regime changes always come with the risk of old symbols, values and institutions being discarded

tenor.gif

Dissapointing result this week. I silently protested by watching Lucio Fulci’s Devil’s Honey. It was marvelous.
upload_2019-4-21_10-37-10.jpeg

As a penalty @europe1 should make us all shirts! I’ll take a medium girls tank top please. Black w red logo! Thank you

SMC should have its own merchandise, T-shirts and hats at the minimum.

OK so the designer of the logo was esteemed early member iThrillhouse. Here's the original color scheme.

CgWpiYr.jpg

this is just an idea of what I got in mind...by all means suggest anything better sherbros

He even added more birds upon request.

It's funny to look at those first few threads. Of the current members, seven were around for the first discussion, although only two have remained throughout the entirety of the club's existence.

Last edited:
Please Welcome Our Newest Member to the SMC!!!
@Kyojiro!!!!

gb_zps8397bcd5.gif~original

Two new members in the same Week! Such auspiciousness!

paging @MusterX...

Not quite sure how to take that lol.

Posting welcoming wrestling gifs for New Members is an ancient tradition. You've just insulted our most sacred ritual. Prepare to die.

YvE60W.gif

You guys have any favorite actors/movies? My AV is my overall favorite actor.

Back