SHERDOG MOVIE CLUB: Let's pick the Week 15 movie!

Sherdog Movie Club Week 15: Let's pick the movie!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No idea, never seen or heard of either. Anyone want to convince me to vote for one or the other?

Watership Down is about rabbits. Everybody likes rabbits, right? ;) What's not to love...

lennie.jpg

No idea, never seen or heard of either. Anyone want to convince me to vote for one or the other?

I voted Watership Down because I haven't seen it. Blood Simple is the tits though. I love the thick, suffocating atmosphere. There's an unpleasant intimacy to the whole thing. As an Aronofsky fan you'd probably appreciate that

I voted Watership Down because I haven't seen it. Blood Simple is the tits though. The love the thick, suffocating atmosphere. There's an unpleasant intimacy to the whole thing. As an Aronofsky fan you'd probably appreciate that

This is only maybe the second time where I'm voting for a movie I've already seen before.

It was either Blood Simple or Upstream Color, and I've been wanting to re-watch Blood Simple for a while. I've only seen it once.

Blood Simple

I've seen The Road
the ending was brilliant, but I was pretty bored for the rest of it.
Now that it's out of the running, I can talk about it.

I don't get into dark, dreary post-apocalyptic shit so it was the one movie I really did not want to win. I was like, "Oh please, anything but The Road!"

What's something I should watch right now? Pretty sure I'll be able to watch whatever we pick... I'm at my house again (with a TV and stuff) and I have my own space, etc. And I'm bored. And there's nobody here and I'm used to living with like 4 people, lol. I lived alone for most of 8 years and I've been living with a family the past 3 months... it's crazy being back here by myself for now. People give you a lot of energy and focus.

What's something I should watch right now? Pretty sure I'll be able to watch whatever we pick... I'm at my house again (with a TV and stuff) and I have my own space, etc. And I'm bored. And there's nobody here and I'm used to living with like 4 people, lol. I lived alone for most of 8 years and I've been living with a family the past 3 months... it's crazy being back here by myself for now. People give you a lot of energy and focus.

Paris, Texas

So does this mean that you are going to be able to jump back in on a weekly basis now?

As for something to watch, here's a movie that I always advocate for because it's good and almost no one has seen it:

So does this mean that you are going to be able to jump back in on a weekly basis now?

As for something to watch, here's a movie that I always advocate for because it's good and almost no one has seen it:

Probably not. I can do this week and I'll definitely participate for my picks.

You don't put the threads up until wednesday, right? or when do we start watching and start talking about next week?

Probably not. I can do this week and I'll definitely participate for my picks.

Are you not back in your place full-time? Your situation is very confusing to me.

You don't put the threads up until wednesday, right? or when do we start watching and start talking about next week?

Next Wednesday your voting thread will go up along with the discussion thread for this week's winner. Then the discussion thread for your winner goes up the Wednesday after next.

Are you not back in your place full-time? Your situation is very confusing to me.

Next Wednesday your voting thread will go up along with the discussion thread for this week's winner. Then the discussion thread for your winner goes up the Wednesday after next.

It's very confusing to me, too.

Paris, Texas

This movie is really good. I've got like 40 minutes left. I was like, "This is a realistic movie so far, but if it was really real, his mom will be a whore," and SHE IS (at least in a profession mainly occupied by whores even if she's not, altho, IDK, we'll see). Lol. I feel like I was supposed to watch this.

There's a lot of truth in this movie. A lot of truth. "See, my daddy, he had this idea, he had this idea in his head that was kind of a sickness." "What idea?" "He had this idea about her, and he looked at her, but he didn't see her. He saw this idea."

Wowowowowowowoww. Not only is my name in this movie - there's a lot of real shit in this movie. I'm not sure what message I'm taking from this, but this is good, this is showing me a lot of my life back to me... which is what I want to see from movies.

Last edited:
I don't get into dark, dreary post-apocalyptic shit so it was the one movie I really did not want to win. I was like, "Oh please, anything but The Road!"

This is why I voted for the road

Cause I knew subconsciously that you didnt like it

<28>

Blood simple btw

Watership Down solely because I've never seen it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back