SHERDOG MOVIE CLUB: Let's pick the Week 122 movie!

Let's pick the week 122 Movie

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Y_tu_mam%C3%A1_tambi%C3%A9n_poster.png

51-U52GRiFL._SY445_.jpg
Btw, does Children of Men have a Hispanic feel for you? I haven't seen Y tu mama tambien, but on paper it seems very different from CoM.

I'm gonna suggest the person who made the nominations be given the power to break the tie!

Great suggestion. Our weeks are special to us. We should have the influence.

I'm not opposed to that but it would be breaking a long standing rule that the leader breaks ties. I think it would require a full club vote to change that but I'm not opposed to the nominator breaking ties.

• El Mariachi
  • From Dusk Till Dawn
  • Planet Terror
  • Machete
  • Machete Kills

So... is this your way of saying you're not a Sin City fan?

Alita: Battle Angle looks like hot steaming garbage, btw.

Robert Rodriguez - Sin City, yes I have Sin City over From Dusk or the Mexico Trilogy

tumblr_ml89n7DIfm1s9pzsmo1_250.gif

Sin City was pretty good but it's one of those films that I find grows duller the more I rewatch it.

Guillermo del Toro - Pan's Labyrinth, I have to give it up for this one like I'm sure most lists will have

Part of me thinks that Tufts made sure Pan's Labyrinth won her first nominations just so that it would be fresh in our minds for whence she dropped this top 10 on us!:D

5) Un Chien Andalou by Luis Buñuel

I was scrambling my mind trying to think of some old Hispanic director. Completely forgot about this one. I guess I've seen a Buñuel film after all.

Children of Men

Ah hornswaggle, I completely forgot about that movie. I would rate it as my favorite after Pan's Labyrinth. The one-take camera-work in that movie is just scintillatingly excellent.

TOP-5:
Children of Men
De Sade 70
Finisterrae
Gravity
Torrente

No Paul Naschy?

triumph-insult-comic-dog-i-kid.jpg

-Pieces (Juan Piquer Simon) - This one's more of a joke, but whatever.

Does this make Pieces the only Hispanic Brucesploitation film?:cool:

I did watch El Topo, and boy, was that weird.

Yes, the boy was very weird in that movie! Couldn't he had put some freaking clothes on?

Holy Mountain is absolutely hilarious though. 110% Jodorowsky craziness. It was one of the first movies I ever nominated in this club (lost the poll though).

Kurt Lives!
:meow:

Forgot to mention, that's the warrior-princess from Tarkan vs The Vikings as well. Kurt and her teamed up and ditched Tarkan somewhere in Anatolia.

Thank you! I actually love them both :)

Well... it was somewhat foolish of me to use that second pick then... since I could have saved it for your third week.:oops:

I'm gonna suggest the person who made the nominations be given the power to break the tie!

Curse your democratic ideas!

Okay. I'm not against this or anything. In case said person doesn't vote, I suggest the tie-breaking power transfers to me instead.

And I also forgot about Children of Men, I'd also throw that one probably up on my list.

I haven't watched this movie since I was on a flight back from Dubai around 4 years ago. This time I can watch it without turbulence and the loud noises of the plane. Cool!

Is this our first outing with Michael Keaton?

Btw, does Children of Men have a Hispanic feel for you? I haven't seen Y tu mama tambien, but on paper it seems very different from CoM.

It does and they are :)

Part of me thinks that Tufts made sure Pan's Labyrinth won her first nominations just so that it would be fresh in our minds for whence she dropped this top 10 on us!:D

giphy.gif

Is this our first outing with Michael Keaton?

I was so ashamed that it was our first that I forgot about this post for several days. But yes, it appears it is:eek:

I was so ashamed that it was our first that I forgot about this post for several days. But yes, it appears it is:eek:

Yea I thought it was. I'm probably going to watch Birdman late tonight, which for you is already early morning? How late do you stay up man?

No Paul Naschy?

triumph-insult-comic-dog-i-kid.jpg
No Naschy! Me like, but none his movies really rises above the rest that much.

Does this make Pieces the only Hispanic Brucesploitation film?:cool:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090046/
<{danawhoah}>

Forgot to mention, that's the warrior-princess from Tarkan vs The Vikings as well. Kurt and her teamed up and ditched Tarkan somewhere in Anatolia.
Damn, I had forgotten all about Tarkan’s warrior princes. I only recall a Chinese seductress.

Pieces (Juan Piquer Simon) - This one's more of a joke, but whatever.
Good call! J.P. Simone is my second favourite b-movie auteur from Spain after J. Franco. Pieces is most definitely bubbling under -title for me along Extra Terrestial Visitors.

Back