• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sherbros Legacy of Stipe Miocic

The DC win over Stipe is a big asterisk. Aside from that, I still don't see how you could rate DC above Stipe. Talk about shopworn and washed HWs, look who DC beat in SF and tell me with a straight face that his run there was better than Stipe's. Monson, Mir, Roy, old MW Hendo? Like I said, Barnett is a quality win. Bigfoot has always been inconsistent- on his best night with moon juice pulsing through his veins, he was a dangerous, but never a great HW.

DC beat peak Barnett.

DC beat peak Bigfoot who was coming off a win over Fedor and went on to UFC to melt an even better version of Overeem than Stipe beat, Travis Browne and went on to fight for a title after.

DC also beat Stipe close to Stipes peak.

Those 3 wins are better than 90% of Stipes wins over senior citizens.

Anyways I said Stipe is a great fighter just overrated by UFC fanboys.

I think he probably would have lost head to head against a lot of other fighters in the heavier weight classes. But a great legacy nonetheless

DC beat peak Barnett.

DC beat peak Bigfoot who was coming off a win over Fedor and went on to UFC to melt an even better version of Overeem than Stipe beat, Travis Browne and went on to fight for a title after.

DC also beat Stipe close to Stipes peak.

Those 3 wins are better than 90% of Stipes wins over senior citizens.

Anyways I said Stipe is a great fighter just overrated by UFC fanboys.

Peak bigfoot was not a great HW.

DC cheated and skewered Stipe's eyes before the KO, and did it again in in the second fight. Stipe needed eye surgery and now wears glasses. DC cheated because he couldn't beat Stipe otherwise. Stipe beat him 2x after that and proved that he's better. Kinda hard to claim Stipe on DC's resume when he avenged the asterisk 2x. DC's back was healthy enough to dominate Lewis on the ground and try to get a fight with Brock. I'd say he was still capable of competing at the top. Not so sure there's an argument that post-back surgery DC wasn't that good. He basically lost to the greatest UFC HW of all time 2x and retired, so now he's washed?

As for legacy, you're comparing a win over Barnett and Bigfoot to a win streak comprised of JDS, Werdum, Reem, Arlovski, Hunt, and Franc. They were still top ranked at the time and beating other HWs. It's not like they dusted these guys off and pulled them out of retirement. Stipe did all this as a part time fighter, which is even more remarkable.

Stipe is rated appropriately imo. Not THE GOAT HW, but solidly in the top 5. I wouldn't pick him to beat kettlebell Fedor, but anyone else is a toss up. That's another discussion.

To be fair to Stipe, Reem were off the juice, but that Reem still beat a lot of good fighters and was on 4 fight win streak. Werdum went full retard, but it's his fault.

It's just funny that Stipe is likely best UFC HW ever, but when it comes to Fedor vs Stipe, there are so many Stipe lovers, but no one around before the biggets fight of his career lol.

I agree. Stipe has the best accomplishment of any UFC HW within the UFC at HW.

Stipe v Fedor would be interesting though due to speed and lateral movement I'd favor Fedor.

To me DC vs Fedor would be the most interesting HW fantasy matchup.

DC is somewhat similar to Fedor but IMO Fedor had heavier hands and better submissions overall which is why a fight with Stipe is not as interesting to me. IMO DCs wrestling and speed pose a more interesting challenge for prime Fedor

Everyone who points out the struve loss conveniently forgets his knee buckled and that's when struve capitalized, good on struve but it's not how all you guys make it sound like struve just demolished him.

He was also 9-0 and struve was 24-5 at the time, that's a massive experience gap. I'm from the Cleveland area but stipe isn't my favorite fighter so I won't swing to hard on his nuts but the struve loss is a bad call out imo.

Perfectly said.

Werdum didn’t lose to Stipe bc he was past prime; he lost bc he underestimated Stipe and went in there with poor fight IQ. Stipe beats any version of Werdum. What? Werdum gonna take Stipe down and sub him? Please.

DC got into the sport late. He had some miles, but it was wrestling miles. Never ko’d. DC was an undefeated HW. Best win was Barnett in SF, the rest is meh. You’re a clown if you think DC’s resume is legit but Stipe’s isn’t. I’ll argue that DC wasn’t Stipe’s best victory, but he was still a quality win. Certainly not over the hill or past prime. Stipe broke his will to compete. DC easily could have smashed cans in the B leagues for another few years if he had the drive.

JDS wasn’t the same after the Cain beatings, but he was still a legit top ranked HW striker and Stipe finished him on the feet. Arguably beat him the first time.

Won’t argue Fedor and Nog.

Stipe beat everyone that UFC threw at him, including Ngannou. It’s not his fault that the division was lorded over by aging HWs. HW is the division where there’s plenty of examples of fighters performing well in their late 30’s early 40’s. This age thing is just used as a way to discredit Stipe by haters when in reality he beat quality competition consistently.

He’s the best UFC HW ever, objectively. Consecutive title defense record holder. Thems just the facts.
This is the correct answer. And this should be the end of the thread but it won't be, because people are retarded

Good fighter that beat an out of prime DC.

he has no chance against jones at his current age. but you're right, he doesn't get enough love around here, his resume is massively underrated. wins over DC, ngannou, JDS, overeem, werdum, AA, hunt, gonzaga, big country, i mean look at that list. that is as good as anyone, including fedor.

Peak bigfoot was not a great HW.

DC cheated and skewered Stipe's eyes before the KO, and did it again in in the second fight. Stipe needed eye surgery and now wears glasses. DC cheated because he couldn't beat Stipe otherwise. Stipe beat him 2x after that and proved that he's better. Kinda hard to claim Stipe on DC's resume when he avenged the asterisk 2x. DC's back was healthy enough to dominate Lewis on the ground and try to get a fight with Brock. I'd say he was still capable of competing at the top. Not so sure there's an argument that post-back surgery DC wasn't that good. He basically lost to the greatest UFC HW of all time 2x and retired, so now he's washed?

As for legacy, you're comparing a win over Barnett and Bigfoot to a win streak comprised of JDS, Werdum, Reem, Arlovski, Hunt, and Franc. They were still top ranked at the time and beating other HWs. It's not like they dusted these guys off and pulled them out of retirement. Stipe did all this as a part time fighter, which is even more remarkable.

Stipe is rated appropriately imo. Not THE GOAT HW, but solidly in the top 5. I wouldn't pick him to beat kettlebell Fedor, but anyone else is a toss up. That's another discussion.

Yea, I value beating guys in their prime compared to when they're washed up.

Stipe has a good resume and had a good run. Definitely one of the best HW champs. The problem is he's fighting for a title and he's ranked #6. He will likely fall to 8 by the time he fights Jon. Mean While tom is defending an interim belt despite being #1.

I agree. Stipe has the best accomplishment of any UFC HW within the UFC at HW.

Stipe v Fedor would be interesting though due to speed and lateral movement I'd favor Fedor.

To me DC vs Fedor would be the most interesting HW fantasy matchup.

DC is somewhat similar to Fedor but IMO Fedor had heavier hands and better submissions overall which is why a fight with Stipe is not as interesting to me. IMO DCs wrestling and speed pose a more interesting challenge for prime Fedor

I wish we saw Cain vs Stipe. Not sure how that would've went.

Not sure how Stipe/DC vs Fedor would've went either. I do also think DC is a tougher match up. Not sure if Fedor would've had an answer for Cormier's wrestling, and to a lesser degree Stipe's.

If you think about it, Fedor never knocked out heavy wrestlers he faced. He submitted them, and he ain't submitting either guys.

Sonnen is a joke so he doesn't count.

I wish we saw Cain vs Stipe. Not sure how that would've went.

Not sure how Stipe/DC vs Fedor would've went either. I do also think DC is a tougher match up. Not sure if Fedor would've had an answer for Cormier's wrestling, and to a lesser degree Stipe's.

If you think about it, Fedor never knocked out heavy wrestlers he faced. He submitted them, and he ain't submitting either guys.

Sonnen is a joke so he doesn't count.

Cain at his very best would have fucked Stipe up IMO.

Fedor would get taken down by DC but I don't see DC doing much to him on the ground. DC couldn't do much on the ground to a 41 year old Anderson Silva. I think DC would get tired tussling around on the ground with a 27 year old Fedor and Fedor would eventually get back to his feet like Anderson did. I think if DC exchanged on the feet with Fedor for long enough there's a high chance he'd get hurt bad.

Fedor would get taken down by DC but I don't see DC doing much to him on the ground. DC couldn't do much on the ground to a 41 year old Anderson Silva. I think DC would get tired tussling around on the ground with a 27 year old Fedor and Fedor would eventually get back to his feet like Anderson did. I think if DC exchanged on the feet with Fedor for long enough there's a high chance he'd get hurt bad.

yeah but dc got cardio to do it for 5 rounds, so not sure. DC won't do nothing but gather up points to win tho

I think the problem with Stipe is that he didn't even have his first pro fight until he was 28. He was 34 when he got his title shot.

He has nice wins against Hunt,Arlovski,Werdrum,Overeem, Dos Santos, and Ngannou. Also Cormier x2.

but now he has been inactive over 3+ years. I think starting his career late and now not taking advantage of his remaining years it is hard to place him in the right spot in the HWT pantheon.

IMO, he's definitely one of the HWT GOATS but hard to say where he ranks among them.

He is not muslim, he is white, he is not thrash talker. Worst combination for being popular

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back