• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sherbros Legacy of Stipe Miocic

JustOnce

On Hiatus
@Gold
Reaction score
So, I'm gonna be honest, I never been high on Miocic ever. When I saw him get ktfo by Struve of all people, maybe that left a lasting impression on me idk.

I don't think Stipe ever got much love from Sherdog. He never had an aura like Fedor, he wasn't as dangerous as Crocop, he wasn't as slick on the ground like Nog, he wasn't as good of a heavy wrestler like Cain, his boxing wasn't as good as JDS, and so on.

He doesn't fight pretty, his wrestling doesn't look that special, his footwork slow, he doesn't seem to really have that 'it' factor as an elite fighter.

What he did however was he fought the best UFC has to offer from his era and he beat them all.

I never thought there would come a day that I would ever make a pro-Stipe thread, but here it is.

I think Stipe has what it takes to beat Jones. Jones looks like he got shook by Ngannou, who I think would've sent his head to the deepest shadow realm. Jones might be the most talented fighter of all time, but in my opinion he hasn't looked good in years. I still think the fact Jones looked so good against Gane was the fact that Gane's grappling is that much of a dogshit, not that Jones is still in his prime. Stipe never showed much decline relatively speaking in my opinion.

I see Jones worship going on around here. I never care for cheaters myself. You can say what you want about Stipe, but the man beat them all, and he did it the right way. I think Jones thinks Stipe is an easy fight. I think Stipe will knock his ass out. I think Stipe has everything you need to give Jones problems, even prime for prime, and I think one guy is far from that than the other guy, and it ain't Stipe in my opinion.

What would be Stipe's legacy on Sherdog if he wins? And I say Sherdog because I do think Stipe gets more love from the casuals because UFC pushes him a certain way. And I don't really post elsewhere, who cares about what casuals think anyways? Haha. jk.

Everyone who points out the struve loss conveniently forgets his knee buckled and that's when struve capitalized, good on struve but it's not how all you guys make it sound like struve just demolished him.

He was also 9-0 and struve was 24-5 at the time, that's a massive experience gap. I'm from the Cleveland area but stipe isn't my favorite fighter so I won't swing to hard on his nuts but the struve loss is a bad call out imo.

Last edited:
For me, around Roy Nelson level.

Roy Nelson is a prestigious heavyweight fighter, win some, lose some.

Being a member of Ken Shamrock's Lion's Den and winning 6 of his first 7 fights, Nelson was asked to become a member of Ken Shamrock's Nevada Lions in the now defunct IFL.

He gets so much disrespect becuase he doesn’t look as good as other heavyweight legends. Your legacy is who you beat, you can style on someone for 4 rounds and get flatlined and it means nothing, a win is a win and stipe has many great wins

ezgif-com-optimie.gif

59fece5885f4be31f81d59ac924b0edb.gif

The average Sherbro would beat his ass, that’s for sure !

Is anyone here shorter than 6’ 5”? I didn’t think so.

Everyone who points out the struve loss conveniently forgets his knee buckled and that's when struve capitalized, good on struve but it's not how all you guys make it sound like struve just demolished him.
people act like struve wasnt a good fighter. he is literally one of those guys if he won a fight you wouldnt be surprised but if he lost you still wouldnt be surprised. he is a lot like overeem in that aspect. guy was tough. and when he did beat stipe, stipe was ranked 15th, and had yet to even face an opponent ranked higher than 29th in the world.

Stipe is and was a great fighter. A top 5-7 HW of all time which is an impressive feat. With that said he's overrated by UFC fanboy shills as the greatest HW ever.

Stipes wins look great on paper but he never beat an all time great HW at their peak. Literally lost to every all time great HW he fought when they were at their peak.

I can't rate him above Fedor, Nog, Werdum, DC or JDS.

All of these guys have beaten multiple all time great HWs at their peak and I personally value that more than smashing a bunch of senior citizens in the twilight of their careers.

people act like struve wasnt a good fighter. he is literally one of those guys if he won a fight you wouldnt be surprised but if he lost you still wouldnt be surprised. he is a lot like overeem in that aspect. guy was tough. and when he did beat stipe, stipe was ranked 15th, and had yet to even face an opponent ranked higher than 29th in the world.

Struve was a decent fighter but he wasn't beating any all time greats at their peak. Stipe is the only all time great he beat at their peak.

Last edited:
So, I'm gonna be honest, I never been high on Miocic ever. When I saw him get ktfo by Struve of all people, maybe that left a lasting impression on me idk.

I don't think Stipe ever got much love from Sherdog. He never had an aura like Fedor, he wasn't as dangerous as Crocop, he wasn't as slick on the ground like Nog, he wasn't as good of a heavy wrestler like Cain, his boxing wasn't as good as JDS, and so on.

He doesn't fight pretty, his wrestling doesn't look that special, his footwork slow, he doesn't seem to really have that 'it' factor as an elite fighter.

What he did however was he fought the best UFC has to offer from his era and he beat them all.

I never thought there would come a day that I would ever make a pro-Stipe thread, but here it is.

I think Stipe has what it takes to beat Jones. Jones looks like he got shook by Ngannou, who I think would've sent his head to the deepest shadow realm. Jones might be the most talented fighter of all time, but in my opinion he hasn't looked good in years. I still think the fact Jones looked so good against Gane was the fact that Gane's grappling is that much of a dogshit, not that Jones is still in his prime. Stipe never showed much decline relatively speaking in my opinion.

I see Jones worship going on around here. I never care for cheaters myself. You can say what you want about Stipe, but the man beat them all, and he did it the right way. I think Jones thinks Stipe is an easy fight. I think Stipe will knock his ass out. I think Stipe has everything you need to give Jones problems, even prime for prime, and I think one guy is far from that than the other guy, and it ain't Stipe in my opinion.

What would be Stipe's legacy on Sherdog if he wins? And I say Sherdog because I do think Stipe gets more love from the casuals because UFC pushes him a certain way. And I don't really post elsewhere, who cares about what casuals think anyways? Haha. jk.

Stipe is 42, hasn't fought in 4 years and got blown out the last time he fought. How hard is that to understand? He has no wins over anyone on the current roster. It has nothing to do with his legacy, everyone downplaying the fight is just acknowledging that Jones is picking the easier matchup against the old guy. He even calls him an old guy in his text messages so clearly Jones feels the same way.

Maybe Jones should fight Fedor next? How about Werdum? JDS is still an active fighter, let's get him. Great fighters, all long past their due date. JDS is even younger than Stipe.

He's just some old fucker that we could all beat his ass right? We're not part of a mcdojo we are sherdoggers.

Struve was a decent fighter but he wasn't beating any all time greats at their peak. Stipe is the only all time great he beat at their peak.
nah struve was good as i said. you dont last 12 years in the UFC by being descent. 42 pro fights and only 2 of his losses were outside the UFC. i never said he was great. i did say if he beat someone who was great it wouldnt surprise me, and he didnt surprise me when he knocked out stipe....

nah struve was good as i said. you dont last 12 years in the UFC by being descent. 42 pro fights and only 2 of his losses were outside the UFC. i never said he was great. i did say if he beat someone who was great it wouldnt surprise me, and he didnt surprise me when he knocked out stipe....

I said he was decent. I didn't say be sucks. Calling him more than decent is pushing it IMO.

Personally, I was very wrong about Stipe in the beginning. I remember Rogan hyping Stipe up in his first UFC fight against Joey Beltran, and I just didn't see it. I thought he looked terrible in that fight. And just 3 fights later he gets KTFO by Struve. At that point I felt vindicated. I never would have thought he'd then win 9 out of his next 10 fights, 4 of those being title fights.

That being said, he's turning 42, has a full-time job, was annihilated in his last fight, and hasn't won in 4 years. So no, he's not closer to his prime than Jones (who also isn't in his prime).

For what it's worth, I think prime Stipe would have KO'd prime Jones.

Stipe is and was a great fighter. A top 5-7 HW of all time which is an impressive feat. With that said he's overrated by UFC fanboy shills as the greatest HW ever.

Stipes wins look great on paper but he never beat an all time great HW at their peak. Literally lost to every all time great HW he fought when they were at their peak.

I can't rate him above Fedor, Nog, Werdum, DC or JDS.

All of these guys have beaten multiple all time great HWs at their peak and I personally value that more than smashing a bunch of senior citizens in the twilight of their careers.

Werdum didn’t lose to Stipe bc he was past prime; he lost bc he underestimated Stipe and went in there with poor fight IQ. Stipe beats any version of Werdum. What? Werdum gonna take Stipe down and sub him? Please.

DC got into the sport late. He had some miles, but it was wrestling miles. Never ko’d. DC was an undefeated HW. Best win was Barnett in SF, the rest is meh. You’re a clown if you think DC’s resume is legit but Stipe’s isn’t. I’ll argue that DC wasn’t Stipe’s best victory, but he was still a quality win. Certainly not over the hill or past prime. Stipe broke his will to compete. DC easily could have smashed cans in the B leagues for another few years if he had the drive.

JDS wasn’t the same after the Cain beatings, but he was still a legit top ranked HW striker and Stipe finished him on the feet. Arguably beat him the first time.

Won’t argue Fedor and Nog.

Stipe beat everyone that UFC threw at him, including Ngannou. It’s not his fault that the division was lorded over by aging HWs. HW is the division where there’s plenty of examples of fighters performing well in their late 30’s early 40’s. This age thing is just used as a way to discredit Stipe by haters when in reality he beat quality competition consistently.

He’s the best UFC HW ever, objectively. Consecutive title defense record holder. Thems just the facts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back