Media Shavkat Rakhmonov on the future

Olzhas

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
alexbehunin-03032023-0001.jpg

Shavkat Rakhmonov:

“There are five opponents that are higher than me in the rankings that I would like to face. Ready to fight anyone my team chooses. Now I want to relax and spend time with my family.”

e8dd4-16777303754358-1920.jpg

I'm gonna marry me a beautiful honey, and I'm-a have me a whole bunch of kids :D

Shavkat said he wants a title shot next, that he's ready but if not a title shot give him Colby Covington. I think realistically we see him next vs Colby, Burns, Belal or maybe Thompson. He's ranked 6th in the UFC now, these all make sense.

For now he has Ramadan and can enjoy time with family. I'm hoping he fights again around July-August and then a title shot by years end or early next year.

Shavkat said he wants a title shot next, that he's ready but if not a title shot give him Colby Covington. I think realistically we see him next vs Colby, Burns, Belal or maybe Thompson. He's ranked 6th in the UFC now, these all make sense.

For now he has Ramadan and can enjoy time with family. I'm hoping he fights again around July-August and then a title shot by years end or early next year.
He needs at least one more big fight.

I think realistically we see him next vs Colby, Burns, Belal or maybe Thompson.
Thompson is not gonna fight him. Burns might lose to Masvidal (very unlikely I know but just saying), Colby is a diva he will duck him

So, Shavkat vs Belal. Shavkat breaks Belal and gets rid of him. Also gets a title shot. Two birds with one stone

Good luck top 5 is almost as bad as LW. Why should they risk their career on Shavkat? The should avoid him until he gets a title because no one wants to fight him.

Good luck top 5 is almost as bad as LW. Why should they risk their career on Shavkat? The should avoid him until he gets a title because no one wants to fight him.
This should literally be the rule: if nobody between you and the champ is willing to take the fight and the org is unable to force them, you get the title shot. Avoiding dangerous opponents is becoming an issue. Already the casuals complain how Islam got a shot at the belt without fighting top5 guys - wiki entries do not remember all the ducking and the lame excuses.

Shavkat Rakhmonov:
There are five opponents that are higher than me in the rankings that I would like to face. Ready to fight anyone my team chooses. Now I want to relax and spend time with my family.”
But there are 6 opponents above him. This must mean there's 1 opponent he doesn't want to fight. Let's all discuss who it is and why we think it's Khamzat. I'll start. It's cuz Khamzat isn't actually a WW anymore.

This should literally be the rule: if nobody between you and the champ is willing to take the fight and the org is unable to force them, you get the title shot. Avoiding dangerous opponents is becoming an issue. Already the casuals complain how Islam got a shot at the belt without fighting top5 guys - wiki entries do not remember all the ducking and the lame excuses.
People would be more willing to defend their spots if they could lose them via 'forfeit' when turning down fights

Back