"sharp shooter" submission

I'd like to see you try to apply that to someone who is resisting.

yea its about as possible as backflipping on someone from off of the top ropes

Rickson by Shooting star press!!

its possible (i've gotten it on 3 month white belt before well it was kinda similar i just did it with 1 leg) but its not practical and very low % if you can get that much control of someones legs there're better options

What the white belt a paraplegic? Thats the only way I can see it happening.

I think it's brett the hitamn heart's submission move like a boston crab but a little different....i know i know big f**king help...

2om30 said:
I think it's brett the hitamn heart's submission move like a boston crab but a little different....i know i know big f**king help...

haha. That is a good description. It basically is impossible to do on a experienced grappler unless they are weak as fuck. Boston grabs, both single & double are probably possible. Even a Texas Clover Leaf is a possible leg sub that emerges often in pro wrestling. However, the sharpshooter aka scorpion death lock..? It be so hard to get that correct leg positioning.

For anyone who honestly doesn't know these classic pro wrestling subs (not great pics but give an idea)

Sharpshooter
phf-aagl205.gif

Boston Crab
dictionary_cangrejo_0000.jpg

Texas Clover Leaf
malenko-dean-and-credible-justin01.jpg

I'm not saying it can't be done. Moves from pro-wrestling which are generally based from submission arts can work. I mean the Twister by Eddie Bravo I read somewhere is based on the abdominal stretch.

dictionary_tirabuzon_0000.jpg

There was a video on here a while ago of someone accidentally putting some guy in a Boston Crab in a tournament. He stood up in this guy's guard. The guy on bottom went to hook his leg, but the guy on top maintained control of the guy's legs and lowered his base, basically Boston Crabbing him. The guy on bottom got injured, too. They had to carry him out.

Big Red said:
I'm not saying it can't be done. Moves from pro-wrestling which are generally based from submission arts can work. I mean the Twister by Eddie Bravo I read somewhere is based on the abdominal stretch.

dictionary_tirabuzon_0000.jpg

The Twister came from the guillotine in amateur wrestling. I'm 99% sure the guillotine was around before the pro wrestling's abdominal stretch came along.

satchmo said:
The Twister came from the guillotine in amateur wrestling. I'm 99% sure the guillotine was around before the pro wrestling's abdominal stretch came along.

Your most probably correct. I may of read someone saying it as gospel where it was probably an opinion.

Big Red said:

I have used this submission before, twice. I used it on my dad when I was a freshman in highschool (We used to fight before I was any good). I also used it freshman year college to win a "Hallway Submission Match" that was before I did any BJJ. I never was into wrestling but I saw the move in The Tao of Jeet Kune Do and started using it.

Big Red said:

That was a really concise and informative post. I didn't think that there would be one of those when I clicked on the thread, gracias.

E

What abot the Indian Death Lock, STF, or surfboard?

If you did really try a sharpshooter, you would probably get heel hooked...

Everybody knows that Stings Scorpion Death Lock is WAAAY better than brett harts panzy sharpshooter :icon_twis . Im sure if you were significantly larger than your opponent you could muscle them into the deathlock or the cloverleaf. Youre definitely askin to get heel hooked though if you try it on someone whos decent. While were on the subject though, how sweet would it be to pull the Liontamer on somebody. I say the liontamer because Jericho used to put his knee between the opponents shoulder blades and kneel down while performing an elevated bostion crab when he was back in WCW. The walls of jericho as he calls it now (since joining wwe) just isnt as painful looking.

U wouldn't (or rather shouldn't get a surfboard. Seen someone do a variation of the bow and arrow though.

If u get the sharpshooter u shouldn't get heelhooked as long as wrap their legs around ur leg and sit down hard. As long as the pressure if down flat it shouldn't be a problem.

Back