"sharp shooter" submission

I was gonna bring up that video, as when the guy vines his legs, he basically puts himself into the sharpshooter as the guy crouches, but it's very high-angle, and gives the guy that was going for the knee a stinger in his neck.

The guillotine is probably the father of both the ab stretch and the Twister... Remember, old time pro wrestlers were just carnies that wrestled for years and now made their money by tapping out red necks with legit moves when they weren't having scripted matches. A lot of the moves have been dressed up more and more, but they come from a legit base.

Here's something you may be able to pull off when guys are first trying to learn the De La Riva...

set2_flair.jpg

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Finish it with a straight ankle on the straight leg, or move your thigh onto the foot of the bent one if it's not getting the tap, then get up and strut around, and be sure to tell them "To BE THE MAN, you got to BEAT THE MAN... WOOOOOOOO!!!"

I would go for something a LITTLE easier to get, like a standing ankle twist, straight ankle lock, etc...

I've actually used the half boston crab in training along with an stf in sombo competition (went for an ankle lock and the guy tried to roll so i just sat up and locked up his knee with an stf. But I doubt you could get the sharpshooter to work, anyone finding me a workable setup gets my undying gratitude.

i know for fact that ric flairs figure 4 leglock is quite possible to do...

that wasnt a sharpshooter that was a half boston crab
this is a sharpshooter
sharpshooter.jpg

I think you can set up the sharpshooter from when the opponen opens his guard and throws his leg UNDER your leg through the INSIDE and wraps it around your thigh to let his foot rest on your abdomen. Usually his other leg will be pressed against your other knee and you will get heel hooked BUT if you get that other leg and cross them ( God knows how) then it

DonkeyKong said:
I think you can set up the sharpshooter from when the opponen opens his guard and throws his leg UNDER your leg through the INSIDE and wraps it around your thigh to let his foot rest on your abdomen. Usually his other leg will be pressed against your other knee and you will get heel hooked BUT if you get that other leg and cross them ( God knows how) then it

SmashiusClay said:
I may have just taken on board to much caffeine, in fact im pretty sure I have, but that actually makes some sort of sense, I guess if they attempt a heelhook and you can pull out of it it would be theoretically possible. Ungodly difficult, but I suppose possible.

It's decided, the next newb who tries to leg lock me is getting sharpshootered.

HELL YEAH BABY

then put on your sunglasses and leave the gym forever. they have nothing else to teach you

DonkeyKong said:
HELL YEAH BABY

then put on your sunglasses and leave the gym forever. they have nothing else to teach you
I'm with you on the sunglases, or I would be if it did'nt keep blody rainig all day over here, but how can I claim to have learned it all while I have yet to master the immortal leg drop.

q2master said:
Is using the sharp shooter possible to submit someone?

Is it a title match or what?what are the stipulations?cage match?hell in the cell?last man standing?

If he doesn't tap, just have your instructor come over and call for the bell anyway, and yoru partner can just start bitching about being screwed.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again ... Fake the Sharpshooter and transition to a Figure 4.

*or have someone hit your opponent with a chair*

stephensharp said:
If he doesn't tap, just have your instructor come over and call for the bell anyway, and yoru partner can just start bitching about being screwed.

Survivor Series :D .

I have actually used it... and it is effective. Regardless of what has been so far. How?

I'm on top, the guy on bottom goes for a triangle. I stand up, step on his arm (Or gi) to pin his upper body to the ground as I step over him. Usually it just breaks the triangle, but every now and then you can hold it for a sub.

LOL....dude. If Bret Hart is the one trying to do it? Yeah. I'm PRETTY sure. Considering he was nationally ranked as a high school student in Canadian wrestling...considering his dad was a stand-out amateur wrestler, football player and catch-wrestler....I think 99.9% of Earth's population would probably fall to his sharpshooter should he choose to try to apply it.

The Texas Clover Leaf and the Boston Crab are easier to get that the sharpshooter.

VegasFighter said:
Its all about the CRIPPLER CROSSFACE!!

crippler.jpg
The cool thing is you probably meant that as a joke and I use that move fairly regularly.

Back