• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Sharaputdin Magomedov will fight on June 22 (UFC FN 246) vs fighter just outside of rankings

The point is that a striker had over a round of control time on him. Shara can say anything he wants about not trying to get up and trying to prove a point by throwing elbows from the bottom (which is pretty stupid if true). The point is that he accepted bottom position and didn't get up. How am I not supposed to see this as a grappling deficiency? Guess what Poatan did when Silva took him down? He kept getting back up, and it led to him decimating Bruno in the 3rd.

I don't disagree about Shara being exciting on the feet However, his fights are going to be boring as shit if he simply gets taken down and controlled the entire time (which will be the general gameplan going forward). He didn't show us anything that suggests he's well-rounded enough to keep fights in his own entertaining realm, and thus, I'm not getting excited or expecting much yet. Blood Diamond would've been entertaining to watch if he was able to get dudes off of him. Now he's off the roster.

If you watch his other fights he's usually more keen to get up against guys who are better wrestlers than Blindado.

Back