• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Sharaputdin Magomedov will fight on June 22 (UFC FN 246) vs fighter just outside of rankings

Johnny Walker would have to cut a limb off to make 185, first of all.

But Shara doesn't deserve a top 15 guy, he outworked Bruno Silva who had already lost three of four. Interesting that he didn't take the fight when it was shifted to Vegas, wonder if he has some difficulty getting into the U.S. a la Chimaev.

But Shara doesn't deserve a top 15 guy, he outworked Bruno Silva who had already lost three of four. Interesting that he didn't take the fight when it was shifted to Vegas, wonder if he has some difficulty getting into the U.S. a la Chimaev.

I think he can get into the US okay it's whether US commissions will let him fight with the eye.

Hard to believe he'd get a Visa to even enter the states.

He's a lot of fun in the cage... I just hope he doesn't rush his career and ruin his chances. He needs to shore up his grappling holes.

I’ve seen the tape on Shara before and I figured a boxing heavy fighter can cause him issues and I think his fight with Silva proved and disproved it. His style isn’t very feint heavy outside of kicks and his footwork isn’t very technical but he uses athleticism to attack and evade at unorthodox angles although when he’s not evading or attacking his defence is very open. Yair isn’t easy to hit for similar reasons and he was even able to crack Holloway and Volk often when not being wrestled to death.

Shara reminds me of a more Thai style Yair Rodriguez. His punches aren’t very technical but his offensive IQ is high and he can land damage moving at any direction with strikes most people wouldn’t even think of. The grappling is a huge concern like it also is for Yair but Shara is also willing to go for the kill from bottom so that can scare off less complete grapplers.

Marc Andre Barriault or Chris Curtis are stiff tests for this style and would show how effective it can be against more polished but still limited strikers than Silva or Shara’s pre UFC comp.

Relax here fellas. He arguably did better against Bruno Silva than Perriera did. He got taken down and made 0 attempt at getting up, on purpose. He said so at the post fight press, and I believe him because that’s exactly what looked like was happening. Seeing as at times he had 5’ of space and laid there with his hands behind head inviting Silva back down. He said he wanted to prove a point that he may not have a good jitz or wrestling game but if you take him down he will try and probably succeed at butchering you from bottom. Which is what he did, he easily won the ground battle by inflicting way more damage from bottom ,, I’m not saying he can’t and won’t get taken down and subbed I’m just saying one fight he won, vs a solid first test, isn’t much to go off of. He’ll KO someone’s head into the stands with a kick next fight and you’ll all be on his nuts

Relax here fellas. He arguably did better against Bruno Silva than Perriera did. He got taken down and made 0 attempt at getting up, on purpose. He said so at the post fight press, and I believe him because that’s exactly what looked like was happening. Seeing as at times he had 5’ of space and laid there with his hands behind head inviting Silva back down. He said he wanted to prove a point that he may not have a good jitz or wrestling game but if you take him down he will try and probably succeed at butchering you from bottom. Which is what he did, he easily won the ground battle by inflicting way more damage from bottom ,, I’m not saying he can’t and won’t get taken down and subbed I’m just saying one fight he won, vs a solid first test, isn’t much to go off of. He’ll KO someone’s head into the stands with a kick next fight and you’ll all be on his nuts
Butchering from the bottom isn't going to win you a title. Silva also had over twice as much control time against Shara than against Pereira.

Butchering from the bottom isn't going to win you a title. Silva also had over twice as much control time against Shara than against Pereira.
lol? Control doesn’t mean shit when a) you weren’t controlling anything if you were getting beaten up from the bottom and b) your opponent made 0 attempt at getting up.

Not every fighter is meant to win a title. Who cares the dude is going to put on entertaining fights and is a savage. Other people will try to avoid those nasty kicks by taking him down. He knows this…and that’s why he wanted to prove a point.

Makes sense to have someone outside the rankings. He's not getting a top 10 guy after one dec win in UFC.

Probably needs a few more before getting someone ranked if we're being honest but he could be fast tracked if he wins this next fight.

lol? Control doesn’t mean shit when a) you weren’t controlling anything if you were getting beaten up from the bottom and b) your opponent made 0 attempt at getting up.

Not every fighter is meant to win a title. Who cares the dude is going to put on entertaining fights and is a savage. Other people will try to avoid those nasty kicks by taking him down. He knows this…and that’s why he wanted to prove a point.
The point is that a striker had over a round of control time on him. Shara can say anything he wants about not trying to get up and trying to prove a point by throwing elbows from the bottom (which is pretty stupid if true). The point is that he accepted bottom position and didn't get up. How am I not supposed to see this as a grappling deficiency? Guess what Poatan did when Silva took him down? He kept getting back up, and it led to him decimating Bruno in the 3rd.

I don't disagree about Shara being exciting on the feet However, his fights are going to be boring as shit if he simply gets taken down and controlled the entire time (which will be the general gameplan going forward). He didn't show us anything that suggests he's well-rounded enough to keep fights in his own entertaining realm, and thus, I'm not getting excited or expecting much yet. Blood Diamond would've been entertaining to watch if he was able to get dudes off of him. Now he's off the roster.

Would the NSAC let him fight because of his eye?

Edit. It’s been answered.

Back