Shannon The Cannon Briggs, Sept 5th

I'll be there. I met Shannon Briggs at Tyson's last promotion down in Miami. Great guy-very funny. This should be an easy fight for him.

Holyfield, Bowe, Holmes, both Spinks brothers, Roy Jones, Jr. and many more are scheduled to appear-supposedly filming a documentary of some kind.

Can't wait bruv, going to see if I can get as many autographs as possible. Wladimir is even going to be there for crying out loud lol. Even Wlad is showing Shannon respect. What a humble champion he is.

i always liked Shannon and hope for the best in his fights. an educated and likeable guy. i remember in the press conference vs Mercer. Shannon mentioned being fluent in french

i always liked Shannon and hope for the best in his fights. an educated and likeable guy. i remember in the press conference vs Mercer. Shannon mentioned being fluent in french

Find me one vid of him speaking French, lol I'd like to hear him say LETS GO CHAMP in French that'll just be awesome.

I agree he is a likable guy. He's got that Brooklyn street hustle in him, and has gained an internet following with the You Tube videos and his Instagram.

I hope he gets the big pay day too, but the odds are against him unless Klitschko runs out of opponents and decides to give him a shot. I think Cannon was a better choice than Jennings for Wlad's first NY fight. But maybe HBO is not on board with Briggs as an opponent.

I would like to see Briggs fight a Chisora or Malik Scott or someone on that level so he has an argument that he's worthy of a shot based on recent accomplishments. Both of those guys are solid and top 10-20. Or maybe a fight with Tepper in Germany.

As long as Cannon continues to fight the Marrone level of opponent, there is going to be a backlash.

Can't wait bruv, going to see if I can get as many autographs as possible. Wladimir is even going to be there for crying out loud lol. Even Wlad is showing Shannon respect. What a humble champion he is.

Well then you need to find a way to get ringside. One Heavyweight will be sitting at each VIP table.

It's goin DOWN TONIGHT! Get ready guys & gals it's gonna be a knockout finish that's for sure, at least I hope!! Shannon by KO

Where can you see it?

Forgot, I don't have that on Time Warner. When is the fight? EST?

I can't find this on TV or on the internet.

Forgot, I don't have that on Time Warner. When is the fight? EST?

Live is how I saw it. I figured you'd have to stream it if anything, also I'm sure it'll be on YouTube today or tomorrow, the whole fight I mean.

I like the way Briggs was leading with the right hand to set up his left.

What a great night that was-talked to Holyfield, Lennox Lewis, Jake LaMotta, Larry Holmes, Leon Spinks, etc. Went to the after party too. Seeing Spinks get up from his wheelchair to get down on the dance floor to Run DMC tunes was quite the sight.

Briggs has still decent handspeed his athleticism at 43 years of age and his weight is pretty impressive but he's old as fuck and went through a lifechanging beating against Vitali and wasnt even elite anymore half a decade ago

I recall Shannon Briggs was a prospect that had people thinking that he was the successor to Tyson then he fought someone with half a pulse and got KO'd.

and blamed it on Asthma

he was highly touted back in the day, along with Jeremy Stevens, Samson Po U'Ha, Golota, Larry Donald and a few other guys i have forgotten about

it was great watching guys get built up on TV and ending up actually fighting other proper fighters

I like the way Briggs was leading with the right hand to set up his left.

What a great night that was-talked to Holyfield, Lennox Lewis, Jake LaMotta, Larry Holmes, Leon Spinks, etc. Went to the after party too. Seeing Spinks get up from his wheelchair to get down on the dance floor to Run DMC tunes was quite the sight.

Bro it was awesome, you had fun? & yes Briggs set everything up beautifully. Ended Marrone with that slinging hook upper to the body, shit looked like it hurt.

Let's go Champ!

Back