Shannon The Cannon Briggs, Sept 5th

He ate what Wlad ate. Turns out that's why the Klitschko's were so popular: their diet.

He sure did, lmao, some Clubber Lang shit right there lol.

the beating he took from vitali was epic

That's a bullshit statement. Vitali broke Shannon's arm in RD 1 of there fight and he STILL couldn't knock The Cannon down or Knock him out. Vitali is and always will be the tougher brother of the two imo and a lot of people's opinions, but epic beating my ass. 12 rds beating up a one armed man is as non epic as it gets, Shannon never quit in that fight either. So now, Cannon wants to fight WladyPie and WladyPie is ducking, weaving, jump roping his way out of every attempt Shannon makes at trying to fight WladyPie.

[YT]Cemt9ncFWFg[/YT]

That's a bullshit statement. Vitali broke Shannon's arm in RD 1 of there fight and he STILL couldn't knock The Cannon down or Knock him out. Vitali is and always will be the tougher brother of the two imo and a lot of people's opinions, but epic beating my ass. 12 rds beating up a one armed man is as non epic as it gets, Shannon never quit in that fight either. So now, Cannon wants to fight WladyPie and WladyPie is ducking, weaving, jump roping his way out of every attempt Shannon makes at trying to fight WladyPie.

Comeback Vitali was mostly an arm puncher and had less power than the pre Lewis version. He had a bad shoulder and a dodgy knee. Put Vitali 98-02 in front of Briggs and he'd have KO'd Briggs.

Briggs would be KO'd in a couple of rounds vs WK, if WK wanted, but he'd wear him down over a couple more first.

I recall Shannon Briggs was a prospect that had people thinking that he was the successor to Tyson then he fought someone with half a pulse and got KO'd.

I think he lacked the KO power necessary to succeed at that level. Most of Briggs' stoppages come from him overwhelming his opponent early with speed and volume. Of course he's a decent puncher but nothing near what his KO ratio would suggest.

Comeback Vitali was mostly an arm puncher and had less power than the pre Lewis version. He had a bad shoulder and a dodgy knee. Put Vitali 98-02 in front of Briggs and he'd have KO'd Briggs.

Briggs would be KO'd in a couple of rounds vs WK, if WK wanted, but he'd wear him down over a couple more first.

Or Briggs lands a cannon on Wlad's chin and we see if it's made of glass or steel. Sure, Shannon is known for coming out in rd1 and he goes nuts on his opponent with heavy, powerful blows, if he doesn't knock his opponent out he settles into a more tactical boxing gameplan. Yes I agree that Wlad is the overall better boxer but The Cannon is in shape, hits very hard, and his a huge HW just like Wlad, it'll make for a awesome fight that all boxing fans would enjoy. Also, the money these two would make off this fight would be epic. One more thing, don't ever count out a former HW champion. The Cannon could land a bomb and win the huge upset. Anything is possible when two HW's go toe to toe.

It's fight week guys and if there are any around ere gals, Shannon The Cannon Briggs takes on Mike Marrone this weekend at the Seminole Hard Rock Live. Lmao I wonder if Marrone really has what it takes to be in the ring with the experience and power Briggs brings to the table. Gonna be a fun match up.

Lol..
TS LOVES him some Shannon "The Cannon" Briggs.
Half convinced HE IS Shannon "The Cannon" Briggs..

TS, do you feel Shannon's white beard hair is artificial or did he do that on purpose to fake out his opponents that he is old?

I live in MIami and just heard a commercial for this. Apparently there will be like 20 big name HWs from boxing history there, wtf?? The commercial said Wlad, Holyfield, Bowe, Holmes, Foreman, Tyson, and like 5-10 other HW names.

I might go just to see them and maybe get some autographs.

Yea, I saw a pic of Shannon in the hospital after that fight, it wasn't a pretty sight tbh. Still, for Shannon to have his arm broken and still go Twelve rounds with a world champion HW boxer is impressive. He didn't quit, no throw in the towel. He got his ass handed to him and he took it like a man. I respect that.

I live in MIami and just heard a commercial for this. Apparently there will be like 20 big name HWs from boxing history there, wtf?? The commercial said Wlad, Holyfield, Bowe, Holmes, Foreman, Tyson, and like 5-10 other HW names.

I might go just to see them and maybe get some autographs.

That's right brother, a bunch of Legends are coming out to show Briggs respect. It's gonna be awesome. Im going to watch the fight the Sat too. Autographs from Legendary boxers YesSir! Lol

TS, do you feel Shannon's white beard hair is artificial or did he do that on purpose to fake out his opponents that he is old?

He still is a 6'4 behemoth, his punches carry alot of weight and power. I don't think his age is gonna affect him too much although I do wonder if he has what it takes to hang with the upper echelon of HW boxing, cardio wise I mean. The Cannon has always been one of my favorite boxers, always fun to watch fight, straight up.

I'll be there. I met Shannon Briggs at Tyson's last promotion down in Miami. Great guy-very funny. This should be an easy fight for him.

Holyfield, Bowe, Holmes, both Spinks brothers, Roy Jones, Jr. and many more are scheduled to appear-supposedly filming a documentary of some kind.

Back