• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Movies Seth Rogen vs. The Rock - Who plays the same character more often? (Semi-Finals)

Who plays the same character in almost every movie there in?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I actually enjoy a few of the movies Rogan has been in. I have legit enjoyed zero movies The Rock has been in.

As far as acting chops....honestly it might very well be a to a toss up. They both tend to be the same in every movie.

The rock has zero range and he knows it. Seth tries.

It's sad seeing how the Rock's acting roles have gone. He was a lot more flexible as a pro wrestler. His most memorable role was his cameo in The Other Guys.

It's sad seeing how the Rock's acting roles have gone. He was a lot more flexible as a pro wrestler. His most memorable role was his cameo in The Other Guys.

Early in his film career- The Rundown, Be Cool, Gridiron Gang, Snitch, etc. I got the distinct sense that he was putting in effort and taking on a variety of roles to stretch his ability. I think it was when he became a massive star that it really became more about persona and what not. Even still, I wouldn’t say he’s been bad in really anything I’ve seen him in. And then you have a movie like Pain and Gain where I think he sort of steals it and it’s not a typical Rock role other than that he’s playing a jacked up dude. What I would like is to see him work with some really good director in a straight up drama.

Rogen of course has his typical wheelhouse but he’s good in other roles. I thought he was really solid as Wozniak in the awesome Boyle/Sorkin Steve Jobs film for instance.

Never seen any movies with the Rock. Only saw one movie with Seth Rogen. First saw him hosting on SNL and couldn't fathom why people were laughing. Jeff Garlin ripoff IMO. And can't hold a candle in comedy to MJF.

Easily Seth Rogan for me. I grew up in the perfect time to be a young stoner and enjoy his works in the late 2000s / Early 2010s. Everything was very relatable and down to earth.

The Rock is just the Rock. I will admit his acting has improved but it's still just literally The Rock in everything he does. Again, he doesn't lift the movie he's in by his performance alone. It's the culmination of his supporting cast and the grandiosity of the budget.

Back