• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

*Serious question for both, Alvarez and McGregor's fans and haters*

However the stats are facts. Eddie has one finish in the UFC, meanwhile Conor has beaten far better competition than eddie. Where do you get that Eddie has faced better competition? Conor knocked out the greatest FW in the UFC in 14 seconds, battered an incredible warrior in Nate Diaz for 5 rounds, and knocked out Chad Mendes in come-from-behind fashion. Eddie is the typical wrestler, he scores points and grinds a guy'a cardio into extinction.

Rafael Dos Anjos, Anthon Pettis, Gilbert Melendez, Michael Chandler, Shinya Aoki, Pat Curran, Roger Huerta, Josh Neer (better than 80% Conor's resume) Joachim Hansen. Eddie has clearly fought better competition and it's not even close. Diaz beat conor and conor barely won a majority decision(but i'll give it to you he still won, barely). Plus a 2 week Mendes who gassed in the first. I can't explain it any better.

IT will be a KO. Neither men can go 5 rounds against each other.

Rafael Dos Anjos, Anthon Pettis, Gilbert Melendez, Michael Chandler, Shinya Aoki, Pat Curran, Roger Huerta, Josh Neer (better than 80% Conor's resume) Joachim Hansen. Eddie has clearly fought better competition and it's not even close. Diaz beat conor and conor barely won a majority decision(but i'll give it to you he still won, barely). Plus a 2 week Mendes who gassed in the first. I can't explain it any better.
Bellator competition does not compare to the UFC, first off.

Eddie layed on Anthony, (did pretty well against Gil), and then knocked out RDA who looked gassed from Eddie's style. Conor could knock out RDA, and probably would've had RDA not pulled out. Chad Mendes didn't gas, he made a dumb decision to go for a rear naked choke and paid the price for it. Conor knocked out Jose freakin' Aldo in 14 seconds. If Eddie beats Conor, I'll be extremely impressed. But I personally can only see one situation in which Eddie wins; he lays and prays on Conor to the dismay of every fan watching around the world.

someone is going to have a fucked up night

either conor KOs tkos eddie inside two rounds or connor gets embarrassed worse than diaz 1

think its going to be loopsided

someone is going to have a fucked up night

either conor KOs tkos eddie inside two rounds or connor gets embarrassed worse than diaz 1

think its going to be loopsided
Did you see that post about Conor training wrestling hard for this fight? Lol, I mean, it's only a sparring video, but it looked pretty improved.

I'm not a fan of either. I'm a realist and even critique and sometimes pick against the fighters I like. Conor has great striking, a bomb for a left hand, and pretty quick movement in the first round. His cardio goes out the window pass the second round everytime he doesn't control a fight and he doesn't have great defense at all.

Eddie is durable, tough, technical guy that will go for the kill if he smells blood. He is a pretty good wrestler and is damn good at grappling. One of Conor's weaknesses is grappling and wrestling and those are Eddie's two strengths.

I see Eddie in Conors face the entire time and I see him rag dolling him at will. He will get the finish and TKO or sub him inside 3 rounds imo. Conor will be broken again and he'll take time off. The UFC is already preparing for that step.

I feel like it's a toss up going in, but it's going to be a dominant win for whoever imposes their gameplan better. Either Conor by early KO or Eddie by late stoppage/dominant UD.

Back