• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

*Serious question for both, Alvarez and McGregor's fans and haters*

I could see Alvarez grinding McGregor against cage for maybe a rd or 2

but there's no way he can deal with Conors power for 5 rds

Alvarez probably has more power...

He's just not nearly as accurate.

let me tell a history: Nate whoop cowboy, cowboy whoop eddie, conor whoop nate. all 3 don't match the striking skills of conor. get over it, two weight world champion.

This is what we call the Nate Diaz effect: you can just sit there an do nuttin' and the haters will suck on your nuts and propel you to near Platinum Mike lel. It is also known as "changing one's bum life". And after Conor leaves, he is like that ex gf that could deep throat and not gag, you just want her back in your bum life to take suck out the bitterness you harbor deep in your bum soul.
{<doc}

Either McGregor embarrasses and possibly KO's Alvarez in a stand-up fight, or Alvarez wrestlefucks Conor for 5 rounds in a performance of boring proportions unseen since the Alvarez / Pettis fight.

If Conor's TDD / defensive wrestling is able to handle Alvarez, it will be a very interesting fight.

I think the fight ends early.

I was wrong about Conor/Nate II - I thought Conor could only win by stoppage, but he hung in there, won the fourth and could have won the fifth were it not for the late TD by Nate.

But once again I will predict that a longer fight will be more favourable to Eddie. If this goes past three I am pretty sure Eddie will win.

I feel for the first 2 rounds Conor is a big favourite, but even if Eddie survives 2 rounds I still think Conor probably takes a decision. He has shown he can go the distance so even if Eddie survives a battering in the first 2 rounds then he would either need a finish or win the last 3 rounds, Conor only needs to win 1 of the last 3.

Sir, I pulled those stats straight from UFC.com - I understand the truth is a hard pill to swallow, but if you don't take the time to fact check my stats, then you have no right to discredit me. The stats do not lie, and neither does Conor ;) Eddie will do nootin'

When I said your stats are skewed I didn't mean they were wrong. I meant they mean little to nothing when u consider quality of opponents. So the stats do tell a story, but that story is Conor has more success against WAY worse competition. That my friend is the true FACT... That must be a hard pill for you to swallow, much more difficult then swallowing Conor's balls.

Conor is fast & powerful.

Eddy has to load up on his shots and throws looping hooks

I bet you those looping hooks hurt way more than a straight left if they actually connect on the right spot, though.

Only problem is he gets really reckless. Eddie generates more power but he's less likely to hit the target.

Conor doesn't hit quite as hard but he can hit the target over and over right on the button, which is much more important.

Either McGregor embarrasses and possibly KO's Alvarez in a stand-up fight, or Alvarez wrestlefucks Conor for 5 rounds in a performance of boring proportions unseen since the Alvarez / Pettis fight.

If Conor's TDD / defensive wrestling is able to handle Alvarez, it will be a very interesting fight.
I don' think it is an either/or situation. Eddie was dead tired in the third, wrestling Pettis on the fence. His punches had no zip in the last minute of the fight and Pettis was starting to tee off on him. Conor tires himself with his high punching output. I haven't seen much evidence that he gets tired grappling. He went the distance with Holloway grappling the second half of the fight, KO'ed Mendes after being on his back five minutes. Stayed on the fence late in the third vs Diaz, and came back in the 4th. Eddie said he could wrestle 3 rds, but not for 5. Things may play out a lot differently then common opinion dictates.

I could see Alvarez grinding McGregor against cage for maybe a rd or 2

but there's no way he can deal with Conors power for 5 rds
Lol, Conelly gasses after 2 rounds. The hell you talkin' about?!

Lol, Conelly gasses after 2 rounds. The hell you talkin' about?!
His cardio is fine when he isn't eating up to make the weight

just look at the Holloway fight for example

Itll be like a HW fight, first clean shot probably wins via tko.

When I said your stats are skewed I didn't mean they were wrong. I meant they mean little to nothing when u consider quality of opponents. So the stats do tell a story, but that story is Conor has more success against WAY worse competition. That my friend is the true FACT... That must be a hard pill for you to swallow, much more difficult then swallowing Conor's balls.
whats up with the hate on Conor? He steal your girl or something buddy?

Eddie is nothing more than a grappler that could get knocked out just as easy as he could land a take down. If you can honestly say that accuracy, reach, speed, and cardio do not play a major role into any fight regardless of level of competition then I encourage you to attempt an MMA fight.

Conor has half a foot of reach on him, in addition to being an inch taller, and a better striker. He is gonna hurt Eddie if Eddie doesn't get him down quick.

Can't stop picturing this fight going down the same way the Chad Mendes fight did.

whats up with the hate on Conor? He steal your girl or something buddy?

Eddie is nothing more than a grappler that could get knocked out just as easy as he could land a take down. If you can honestly say that accuracy, reach, speed, and cardio do not play a major role into any fight regardless of level of competition then I encourage you to attempt an MMA fight.

Wtf... the dude has lost 4 fights in his career and has an awesome resume and u think he is a simple grappler? You clearly don't know what you're talking about. I never said accuracy, reach, speed and cardio don't matter. Where did u get that? I said Conor has more success against worse competition which is a fact. If you need to search my post history. I've said many times Conor is a very talented striker, and he def can win this fight. You on the other hand are completely discrediting Eddie like he is some bum. It would make sense Eddie doesn't have amazing stats like Conor when he is fighting the best competition. Use your brain and don't take numbers at face value. I'm just saying dig a little deeper and you'll see the stats aren't always what they seem.

Wtf... the dude has lost 4 fights in his career and has an awesome resume and u think he is a simple grappler? You clearly don't know what you're talking about. I never said accuracy, reach, speed and cardio don't matter. Where did u get that? I said Conor has more success against worse competition which is a fact. If you need to search my post history. I've said many times Conor is a very talented striker, and he def can win this fight. You on the other hand are completely discrediting Eddie like he is some bum. It would make sense Eddie doesn't have amazing stats like Conor when he is fighting the best competition. Use your brain and don't take numbers at face value. I'm just saying dig a little deeper and you'll see the stats aren't always what they seem.
However the stats are facts. Eddie has one finish in the UFC, meanwhile Conor has beaten far better competition than eddie. Where do you get that Eddie has faced better competition? Conor knocked out the greatest FW in the UFC in 14 seconds, battered an incredible warrior in Nate Diaz for 5 rounds, and knocked out Chad Mendes in come-from-behind fashion. Eddie is the typical wrestler, he scores points and grinds a guy'a cardio into extinction.

Back