• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Senate Tax Bill Passes - at 2:00 AM (EST)

No they broker deals with supposed enemies to give rights to the materials to build nuclear weapons, and get 100 plus million donated to their foundation

Lol keep watching Alex jones while the GOP just crushed th country with the worst tax plan in the history of America.

You can't fix stupid it seems

Why don't you pick your self up by your bootstraps and make your own money. Since you love republicans and their brain dead thinking so much you should take a page outta their book and set an example yourself.

I am going to help my future children out. Isn’t that what we work for? To take care of our families? I know the left doesn’t put much value into the family but it’s important to me.

It hasn’t passed. It isn’t law. You can read it if you want to

This is why you're mocked here daily.

If this bill was so amazing it wouldnt be passed at 2am on a Saturday morning with hand written notes in the margins and giving the senste maybe 2 hours to read the entire thing.

That's usually how all great legislation is passed. Derp

If this bill was so amazing it wouldnt be passed at 2am on a Saturday morning with hand written notes in the margins and giving the senste maybe 2 hours to read the entire thing.

You clearly don't understand politics

This is the norm, this is how crooks get shit done, both parties do the exact same thing, the only reason you are do butt hurt, is an orange tv persona is president.

Literally every year shit is passed on a holiday, or a 2 am vote, crooks will crook

If you know anyone on Medicare and are a cancer patient, they're gonna be hit...

HARD.

"This bill will blow a $1.5 trillion hole in the deficit, it will also trigger an automatic $25 billion annual cut to Medicare, under a savage austerity scheme known as the "sequester.” And because of the unusual way Medicare covers chemotherapy drugs—which are very expensive—cancer patients are going to be uniquely burdened by these cuts.

It’s also not in any way hypothetical, because it happened once before, back in 2013. This is how the headlines read at the time:"

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/20...er-patients-out-of-treatment?detail=emaildkbn

You clearly don't understand politics

This is the norm, this is how crooks get shit done, both parties do the exact same thing, the only reason you are do butt hurt, is an orange tv persona is president.

Literally every year shit is passed on a holiday, or a 2 am vote, crooks will crook

This post is 100% false. Keep trying Claudio

I think you’re forgetting a step before it becomes law here

It hasn’t passed. It isn’t law. You can read it if you want to

I'm no Congressional ace so I need some help here.

Is there ANY WAY this abomination can be killed before it's signed into law?

It would theoretically have to fail in reconciliation somehow... but that seems unlikely.

It would theoretically have to fail in reconciliation somehow... but that seems unlikely.

Thanks man. We can always hold out for hope and we can pray.

If House and Senate GOP can't come to an agreeable consensus or if Emperor Trump refuses to sign it. Both seem improbable. There will be a new tax law before Christmas.

Back