Seems like Hector Lombard is pulling hard for Yushin fight.

Munoz is the forrest griffin of the MW division.

and Maia wasn't top 5 + Maia looked like shit that night, so did Weidmann, they both had excuses though.

Championship wrestling pedigree with vicious ground and pound is Forrest Griffin?

Hmmm...

Championship wrestling pedigree with vicious ground and pound is Forrest Griffin?

Hmmm...

I didn't talk about their skillset though.

more about how they've both been ranked really high while in reality they are both very beatable, and not nearly good enough.

How Munoz was ranked top 5 and Forrest actually won a belt is beyond me.

I didn't talk about their skillset though.

more about how they've both been ranked really high while in reality they are both very beatable, and not nearly good enough.

How Munoz was ranked top 5 and Forrest actually won a belt is beyond me.

Not to mention the fact that he beat Munoz when he was coming off of a pretty long layoff from that injury. Weidman needs to beat someone in the top 5 currently. Hendricks beat 3 out 5 of the top 5 in the WW division before he got a shot.

It's the total package. Not just level of Judo. We've seen a few olympic level competitors get neutralize at their own game, so I wouldn't put everything on that stock.

It's a case of small vs big. Big wins. Not dismissing Lombard skills. But I just see Okami having this in the bag. Okami's got reach and size on him.

He doesn't really have the weight or the strength advantage. He's just got height, which can work against him if they get into a judo battle.

Your point is? It's not like Lombard has never displayed his skill in MMA. He's done it countless times, but he's transitioned from a GnP hybrid guy to a mostly standup guy now.

Doing it to bums in Bellator is not the same as doing it to a guy like Okami.

Munoz is the forrest griffin of the MW division.

and Maia wasn't top 5 + Maia looked like shit that night, so did Weidmann, they both had excuses though.

that was the only time munoz was manhandled, and stopped, during his ufc career as a mw.

He doesn't really have the weight or the strength advantage. He's just got height, which can work against him if they get into a judo battle.

Really you don't see that Okami has size/weight advantage over Lombard?

Tim Boetsche and Okami look about the same size to me. And Lombard looked smaller than Tim.

I see Lombard having to work extra hard and over extend himself and eventually succumb to Okami's style.

They have one common opponent, Falaniko Vitale. Hector smashed his face in and Okami lost via SD.

Pretty irrelevant considering how long ago they fought. If Okami and Vitale fought again im assuming you think Vitale would win?

Would very much like to see this fight.
If Okami comes in and puts a pace on Hector it will be a great test for both fighters. Can Yushin fight a guy with real KO power again and not be skiddish and fight his game. Can Hector avoid being Fitch'd??? Great fight/.

Tim Boetsche and Okami look about the same size to me. And Lombard looked smaller than Tim.

I see Lombard having to work extra hard and over extend himself and eventually succumb to Okami's style.

Okami is taller, but Lombard is a stocky, muscular guy. I don't really think Okami would have any more than a marginal advantage in weight on fight night.

I've decided I never want to see Okami fight again.

fuck me sideways the punch, punch, rush to the fence, takedown and lay on him routine grinds my gears man.

shit is just miserable to watch.

Watched this card with a bunch of MMA neophytes and more than one were happy to chime in with a "this is why I dont normally watch this shit" comment.

And I couldn't even be mad at 'em.

There is no weight difference. Okami cuts from 196(I have no idea where the myth of him being a huge MW comes from but whatever, the man used to fight at WW) and so does Lombard.
Proof:

And Lombard, before his fight against Prangley(which was at 195) said that he didn't have to cut any weight.

Okami got rocked several times last night.by a timid belcher. I really think Lombard would take.him out.

He should be asking for a fight with wiedman. Right now hes higher on the totem pole than okami. Thats a much quicker road to anderson

Back