Seems like Hector Lombard is pulling hard for Yushin fight.

Hector goes batshit and wrecks him, shame really, Okami's pretty cool.

There is no weight difference. Okami cuts from 196(I have no idea where the myth of him being a huge MW comes from but whatever, the man used to fight at WW) and so does Lombard.
Proof:

And Lombard, before his fight against Prangley(which was at 195) said that he didn't have to cut any weight.

Was the video taken on fight night? Or at an earlier time frame, like 1-2 days before hand? I find it very difficult to believe that he's only 196 lbs (come fight night?).

Belcher tweeted saying he's 208 lbs 18 hrs after the weighin for the Okami fight. Come fight time Okami was nearly or the same size as him.

this is why i like lombard.. he doesnt duck anyone, he calls guys out

really the only fight i wouldn't want for okami.

It would be cool but Id rather see Lombard vs Cung Le!

If it does happen, I'll be rooting for lightning. I was so upset over the boetsch fight.

Thunder & Lightning seem like a better tag team than a fight, make it happen guys!

There is no weight difference. Okami cuts from 196(I have no idea where the myth of him being a huge MW comes from but whatever, the man used to fight at WW) and so does Lombard.
Proof:

And Lombard, before his fight against Prangley(which was at 195) said that he didn't have to cut any weight.

That video was on press conference day, which is usually a day out from weight in. Okami being 196 a day out from weigh in doesn't mean he was 196 on fight night.

That video was on press conference day, which is usually a day out from weight in. Okami being 196 a day out from weigh in doesn't mean he was 196 on fight night.

I think Okami just told him his weight come fight time. I doubt he cut 11 pounds that day with all the press conference and open workout and shit.

He should be asking for a fight with wiedman. Right now hes higher on the totem pole than okami. Thats a much quicker road to anderson

I dont think he's higher then Okami. Beating Belcher is a bigger win then beating Palhares.

Edit: never mind thought you were talking about Lombard being higher then Okami

Imo Costa-Lombard is more appropriate divisionally and will be a more fun fight.

Well it seems this thread is split down the middle on who would win. I pretty much know Lombard can and will win this fight and Okami has to have 3 almost perfect rounds to win. It's nearly Chael vs. Anderson, only if Anderson was short-ish.

Back