• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Television SECRET INVASION (Premieres June 21, 2023)

I felt like this show should've been a movie because you barely see any action in each episode.
Every episode has at least 20 minutes of filler that would've been cut from the film.

The last unaired episode seems very predictable imo since the antagonist is extremely overpowered and completely outnumbers Nick Fury, whom is working alone without any allies to stop him.

2 hypothetical endings

1) Nick Fury takes out the main villain with some type of nuclear or radioactive device, but also destroys himself in the process.
The final shot shows the President talking about how Nick Fury sacrificed himself to preserve the world, etc.
Credits roll

2) Same as above, with extra added scenes.
As the President is talking about Nick Fury, the camera pans toward the crowd and zooms in on Finnish Nick Fury (white nick fury disguise). When the President's speech is over, Finnish Nick Fury walks towards his vehicle and takes off his mask to reveal the real Nick Fury.

The next scene after that is another surprise twist.
After Nick Fury arrives back home, he puts on the wrong wedding ring and transforms into a Skrull. Credits roll

In Episode 5, we were told Nick's team collected the DNA from the Avengers during the battle for Earth (Endgame). However:

- How did he get the DNA from Thanos' team if they were dusted? Surely, there was no DNA remaining from them.

- How did he get the DNA from folks who were not there? Ghost and Abomination both showed up on the screen when the sample was scanned.

- I still can't quite figure out how non-genetic powers (i.e. Carol's powers come from an infinity stone) can be transferred via DNA

Will skrulls continue to be a thing moving forward or will they get forgotten like the giant statue in the ocean from the Eternals?

Finished the last episode and, aside from episode 2, I think Secret Invasion might be my worst MCU TV series ever. So many holes and lousy execution.

It was shocking how much of a piece of shit this show was!! They failed Sam Jackson. Failed him. This is like if the Avengers took a mental health day when Thanos invaded.

I would have gone about it so differently. I would have had two perspectives, one from Fury and one from the Skrulls.

The Skrulls would wait for Fury to be distracted. We would see Fury deal with a problem. (A day in the life of Nick Fury) Meanwhile in the background the Skrulls replace someone.

The show could have been incredibly fun if the Skrulls had like 3 or 4 targets they deemed essential to replicate and replace. We show them as a team figuring out how to do it and the timing etc. Then they get a bunch of wins and replace a bunch of people until in the final episode Fury is isolated in a room full of Skrulls!

But uh oh he’s been one step ahead all along and he takes them all out, then calls Talos and demands an explanation.

Talos says that during the blip some Skrulls came to Earth and replaced people who died, then at the end of the blip when those people came back they went underground and must have got radicalized. He says sorry but we’re left wondering how much he knew.

Ah well

Last edited:
Finished the last episode and, aside from episode 2, I think Secret Invasion might be my worst MCU TV series ever. So many holes and lousy execution.
Damn that’s saying something.

It’s amazing how massive a drop in quality it was from Netflix to Disney. I’m terrified what they are gonna do to Daredevil

It was shocking how much of a piece of shit this show was!! They failed Sam Jackson. Failed him. This is like if the Avengers took a mental health day when Thanos invaded.

I would have gone about it so differently. I would have had two perspectives, one from Fury and one from the Skrulls.

The Skrulls would wait for Fury to be distracted. We would see Fury deal with a problem. (A day in the life of Nick Fury) Meanwhile in the background the Skrulls replace someone.

The show could have been incredibly fun if the Skrulls had like 3 or 4 targets they deemed essential to replicate and replace. We show them as a team figuring out how to do it and the timing etc. Then they get a bunch of wins and replace a bunch of people until in the final episode Fury is isolated in a room full of Skrulls!

But uh oh he’s been one step ahead all along and he takes them all out, then calls Talos and demands an explanation.

Talos says that during the blip some Skrulls came to Earth and replaced people who died, then at the end of the blip when those people came back they went underground and must have got radicalized. He says sorry but we’re left wondering how much he knew.

Ah well
A show from the Skrulls' point of view would have been great.

However, rather than the leader of the skrull movement being a millennial, it should have been all about Talos.

Talos has accepted the fact that there is no habitable planet for them except Earth. So, he makes the decision that they stay here permanently.

He makes the decision to tell all one million Skrulls that they can pull off their masks and live in their natural form.

End Episode 1.

A show from the Skrulls' point of view would have been great.

However, rather than the leader of the skrull movement being a millennial, it should have been all about Talos.

Talos has accepted the fact that there is no habitable planet for them except Earth. So, he makes the decision that they stay here permanently.

He makes the decision to tell all one million Skrulls that they can pull off their masks and live in their natural form.

End Episode 1.

I would be good with that, especially compared to what we got. The politics and reverberations would have been neat.

What we got was really confusing and kind of pointless

Mediocre end to a mediocre show. While it didn't suck as bad as Loki or She-Hulk, it was still a waste of a talented cast and, with the exception of one or two scenes, entirely forgettable.

5/10 and I'm probably being generous.

I thought Falcon & Winter Soldier was generally deemed worse overall..

Subjective of course, but I found Loki to be marginally worse than FATWS.

She Hulk is in a class all her own for utter shit. Watching that show nearly gave my eyes cancer<Eek2.0>

Update: December 20, 2020

Marvel Studios Announces SECRET INVASION Series Starring Samuel L. Jackson and Ben Mendelsohn

They might have gotten off to a rocky start in Marvel Studios’ Captain Marvel, but now Nick Fury and Talos are back! Revealed during The Walt Disney Company’s 2020 Investor Day presentation by Kevin Feige, president, Marvel Studios, and chief creative officer, Marvel, Marvel Studios’ Secret Invasion, a new series coming to Disney+, has Samuel L. Jackson and Ben Mendelsohn reprising their roles as the former S.H.I.E.L.D. director and Skrull, respectively. The crossover comic event series showcases a faction of shapeshifting Skrulls who have been infiltrating Earth for years.

Eo6v0l1UcAwohDK

Honestly, I'm just done with Marvel and DC trying to make a buck. The whole department needs to start from scratch in 15 years. It's played out now. That's just me, but I know some people just love it.

I love Sam Jackson and I always wanted a whole Nick Fury movie just dedicated to him solving problems.

Then they announced this and I was like wow they’re gonna do a whole TV show! So I started watching then they crapped in my eyes! Crapped right in them

Looking back, it’s wild to say that WV was the best MCU TV produced

The first few series at least had a few pretty good high points.

-Wanda Vision when it was whipping through styles was fun.
Loki had the “glorious purpose” moment, and Owen Wilson calling out Loki falling in love with himself was funny.
-GSP’s fight scene in Falcon and Solider was cool, and the evil cap America guy did a good job.

Then they did Hawkeye. Kingpin was decent, weird that he was ripping off car doors but still a good appearance.

They also did some other crap and I think I stopped watching, then watched this and wow what a toilet clogging hunk of

Last edited:
Finished the last episode and, aside from episode 2, I think Secret Invasion might be my worst MCU TV.

Savage.......... as there have been some REALLY bad series.

Only good one was What if. Wanda, Loki, and Hawkeye qere maybe watchable. I loved Kamala as Mrs Marvel but series was terrible. Some with Tatiana as She Hulk.

This needed to be either shorter as a cleaned up plot movie, or a longer series with more building up the characters and a better ending. All this was is a bad series that shows what captain America brave new world will have going on.

Last edited:
Back