• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media *** Sean Strickland UFC 297 Media Day Press Conference Mega Thread ***

If you had any credentials in psychology, it would still be armchair psychology because you didn't actually spent any time with him or examined him.

That's literally the dictionary definition of armchair psychology. It's worthless commentary because you don't actually know him and are just going by small snippets of interviews - where he could be trolling, playing a character, etc.
Umm... you better look up armchair psychologist again; that is about unqualified people playing psychologist.

So let me explain it to you. Making a diagnosis, treatment plan, or providing individual/group psychotherapy requires seeing someone in person (or a lot on Zoom) and is a thorough process. However, there is nothing wrong with making observations about people's behavior, especially when you already have some of the kind of collateral information you would need in a treatment setting- such as his family background of being abused by his father. It doesn't mean I am right, but the behavioral observations are more credible than yours.

Umm... you better look up armchair psychologist again; that is about unqualified people playing psychologist.

So let me explain it to you. Making a diagnosis, treatment plan, or providing individual/group psychotherapy requires seeing someone in person (or a lot on Zoom) and is a thorough process. However, there is nothing wrong with making observations about people's behavior, especially when you already have some of the kind of collateral information you would need in a treatment setting- such as his family background of being abused by his father. It doesn't mean I am right, but the behavioral observations are more credible than yours.

Meh BS. You're making all these observations based on the same interviews everyone else is seeing. I put zero stock in it. You've never met the person, are going by public interviews were he could be playing it up or trolling, etc.

You would at the minimum have to have at least met them or spoken to them in private to put any stock into any psychological diagnoses you may have.

The more I hear Strickland talk, the bigger fan I become.
7FyMQm2vBiTjG.webp

Meh BS. You're making all these observations based on the same interviews everyone else is seeing. I put zero stock in it. You've never met the person, are going by public interviews were he could be playing it up or trolling, etc.

You would at the minimum have to have at least met them or spoken to them in private to put any stock into any psychological diagnoses you may have.
Did you read my post? I don't think you get it at all as evidenced by what you say here. I made no diagnosis (do you know what that is and what it involves?); I made behavioral observations. Sean has really extensive interviews where he breaks down and cries, talks about himself at length, which is what people do in therapy. There is plenty of information to make observations about; sometimes observation is all you have to do an assessment when psych patients on crisis units won't talk to you; it's not enough for a good assessment, but is sometimes all you get.

People move the goal post in real life all of the time too, it isn't just you- "You don't know that, you are no psychologist," then they find out the truth and move the goalpost to talking about how it is not REAL psychology just like you did, ROFL. OK. They somehow are going to tell ME about the appropriate way to observe or assess people, lol

It’s weird to me that Sean acknowledges he’s a total moron when it comes to literally everything but weird right wing political views. Everyone else is an idiot when it comes to that stuff.

Let me help you with some science. I said Sean had emotional dysregulation as he has shown that many times and has the background to match it. This is a behavioral symptom that is observable and NOT a diagnosis. Emotional dysregulation as an adult is often caused by abuse as achild. Here is an article for you.

Exposure to traumatic events and interpersonal trauma in childhood is associated with a wide range of psychosocial, developmental, and medical impairments in children, adolescents and adults, with emotional dysregulation being a core feature that may help to account for this heightened risk.

Did you read my post? I don't think you get it at all as evidenced by what you say here. I made no diagnosis (do you know what that is and what it involves?); I made behavioral observations. Sean has really extensive interviews where he breaks down and cries, talks about himself at length, which is what people do in therapy. There is plenty of information to make observations about; sometimes observation is all you have to do an assessment when psych patients on crisis units won't talk to you; it's not enough for a good assessment, but is sometimes all you get.

People move the goal post in real life all of the time too, it isn't just you- "You don't know that, you are no psychologist," then they find out the truth and move the goalpost to talking about how it is not REAL psychology just like you did, ROFL. OK. They somehow are going to tell ME about the appropriate way to observe or assess people, lol

You never stated you're a psychologist to me. You just stated your opinion of him. So WTF are you talking about.

Are you stating you're a psychologist?

You never stated you're a psychologist to me. You just stated your opinion of him. So WTF are you talking about.

Are you stating you're a psychologist?
I thought you got that in the beginning lol. I don't go bringing that up to validate what I say most of the time, but you brought that "armchair psycholgy" out at me so I responded.

When I worked in prison, I saw that it was where people often end up who aggressively flew off the handle, that's the type of results you get when you decide to leave the civilized world and act like an impulsive animal.

You stated you worked in a prison. Low level corrections grunt or janitor?

You're just posting pop psychology because Sean triggers you so much.

I thought you got that in the beginning lol. I don't go bringing that up to validate what I say most of the time, but you brought that "armchair psycholgy" out at me so I responded.

You initially replied to something I said. And you only said you worked at a prison. That's a far cry from "I'm a licensed psychologist" - which you still haven't confirmed or denied.

If you bring the same level of care to prisoners as you’ve demonstrated by pretending to be able to diagnose a stranger based on fight hype, then I hope to god that you only deal with the ones that won’t ever get out because lord knows they won’t get any better.

You initially replied to something I said. And you only said you worked at a prison. That's a far cry from "I'm a licensed psychologist" - which you still haven't confirmed or denied.
I don't always like to yell that on the internet, but I am a licensed/practicing clinician. Someone who wasn't mostly would not know what I have posted to you in these last few posts. I am in private practice now though; I don't work in Corrections anymore.

If you bring the same level of care to prisoners as you’ve demonstrated by pretending to be able to diagnose a stranger based on fight hype, then I hope to god that you only deal with the ones that won’t ever get out because lord knows they won’t get any better.
Don't make yourself look ignorant. I gave no diagnosis. If you make a claim, you should be able to back it up. State the DSM 5 TR diagnosis I gave.

Bro, this guy is just re-writing parts from his own psychologist's report after Sean beat Izzy about his personality and behavioral issues after the meltdown and is projecting it onto Sean.

If this guys a psychologist/forensic psychiatrist. I'm 6'5, 265lb's at walking weight and have beat up UFC champs in Sambo training.

Code of ethics something something something.

Don't make yourself look ignorant. I gave no diagnosis. If you make a claim, you should be able to back it up. State the DSM 5 TR diagnosis I gave.
“Oh I didn’t even say the things that I said!”

I don’t even believe that you work in the health field at all. Probably more a twitter/tumblr headcase that googles things to justify your problems.

“Oh I didn’t even say the things that I said!”

I don’t even believe that you work in the health field at all. Probably more a twitter/tumblr headcase that googles things to justify your problems.
I am waiting for an actual response from you before I block you; if you want to continue with this childish ness I won't respond. If I made a dianosis, what was the dianosis? The truth is, you don't know what a diagnosis is, so you have no way of responding..

I am waiting for an actual response from you before I block you; if you want to continue with this childish ness I won't respond. If I made a dianosis, what was the dianosis? The truth is, you don't know what a diagnosis is, so you have no way of responding..
Oh man, a time limit? Please don’t block me, mister mental health worker! I enjoy your weird posts diagnosing strangers and lying about it when you get mocked so much!

Back