Sean Strickland Reputation

I guess he never made an impression.. Is he a wrestler? That's probably why I haven't paid attention lol
Started at 185 and then went to 170 and adopted a jab and move style and only won decisions, got brutally ko'd and came back after a break with a more fan friendly style. His drop to 170 and jab move style definitely hurt his popularity I'd say

Bisping is the one who got Sean access to that private gym. Bisping knows him personally and says Sean likes to talk alot of $hit. That's just him.

He ran into a guy in Sanchez who is just like Sean and we got the result of it. Don't feel bad for Sean after hearing how he was acting in a gym he's never been too.

Bisping seems to have a chip on his shoulder with regards to Sean, even while commentating his last fight he said Sean was a guy that can’t be told anything. Maybe they’ve had testy sparring matches or something. But I’m taking Bisping’s opinion with a grain of salt because there seems to be a bit of a personal issue there, maybe they’re too much alike

One of the better rising fighters but truly a despicable human being and father. (If he has kids. )

to be honest I’ve only seen him fight and know nothing about him. But that’s not going to stop me from forming a very strong opinion on something I don’t know about.
so i would say he’s just a really sick individual and preys on the weak and really takes advantage of a lot of people to try to hurt them more often than not mentally rather than physically. Although he is extremely physically abusive to his family. Or that’s what I get out of that training video.

Often times he becomes agitated which leads him to be short and kind of crass to his own mother.
Your comment is soooo confusing. Is this a king of the hill joke or is Fighter Sean Strickland that bad a guy?

Bisping seems to have a chip on his shoulder with regards to Sean, even while commentating his last fight he said Sean was a guy that can’t be told anything. Maybe they’ve had testy sparring matches or something. But I’m taking Bisping’s opinion with a grain of salt because there seems to be a bit of a personal issue there, maybe they’re too much alike

They're probably are alike just like Sanchez. He ran into a guy who was a prick like him. We got the result of it. Both don't have a good reputation in training.

From what i saw he could easily beat up strickland
Dude almost tore his arm off from the elbow down using a basic standing arm crank.

In a real fight Sean is dead. The question is how long he lasts.

Saw a number of people in the thread about Orlando Sanchez’s response to the incident commenting on Strickland’s reputation as a shit talker/gym bully/ego. Do these comments have any foundation? He certainly seems unlikable from what I’ve seen of him in the octagon and personally but anyone got gym stories to back this up? Not a fan of Orlando by the way and I saw similar statements being made about his gym reputation.

I think he looks just like a jerk

I was 100 percent on Strickland side on the Orlando incident. Thought Orlando pulled a dick move. After Strickland rant over IG(especialy on beating parents in front of their childern part) i get why Orlando did it.

I was late to the party regarding any of this and just saw the video an hour ago. Didn't know either one from a hole in the wall although I've heard of Stricklands name before. He reminded me of a crazy woman who starts slapping and attacking someone before thinking anything through. He should've have just walked away and cussed the fat guy out. If it was a smaller guy who did that to him I sense it might have escalated even further where they'd be pulling Strickland off him.

One of the better rising fighters but truly a despicable human being and father. (If he has kids. )

to be honest I’ve only seen him fight and know nothing about him. But that’s not going to stop me from forming a very strong opinion on something I don’t know about.
so i would say he’s just a really sick individual and preys on the weak and really takes advantage of a lot of people to try to hurt them more often than not mentally rather than physically. Although he is extremely physically abusive to his family. Or that’s what I get out of that training video.

Often times he becomes agitated which leads him to be short and kind of crass to his own mother.
What the actual fuck bro, will one hundred percent tune into Sean “scumbag” Strickland’s next fight to see him get knocked out brutally. Being a gym bully is one thing but physical abuse to your family and getting short with the person that brought you into this world is unforgivable...

After seeing the video Sean released yesterday I honestly think he’s either really really smart and staged this whole thing to get eyes on his upcoming fight, or very lucky with zero self awareness since most people did a 180 and are now harboring sudden disdain for the guy. It’s funny, I’m actually am a fan of his style, he brings the violence, but I can’t say that I want him to win... IMO his character would benefit from a huge serving of humble pie in the form of a humiliating ass beating.

Last edited:
He's 10-3 in the UFC, losses to Ponzi in 2015, Usman in 2017, and Elizue Zaleski Dos Santos. Since the EZDS loss he has won 4 straight, he's headlining a ESPN+ card. How have you guys not heard of him?

What the actual fuck bro, will one hundred percent tune into Sean “scumbag” Strickland’s next fight to see him get knocked out brutally. Being a gym bully is one thing but physical abuse to your family and getting short with the person that brought you into this world is unforgivable...
And if there's anyone you can trust on knowing these sorts of intimate details of a fighter's life, it's a Sherdogger!

After the incident I see some negative stuff about Sean. He probably isn’t a nice guy, but it doesn’t make the other dude less of a douchebag.
Tbh, I’d never heard of these two before the incident. It’s a blessing in disguise for both of them.

I think he was joking lol

The part about his mother is the cherry on top of a beautiful post.

God damn!! The man's the devil!!!

Y'all hadn't heard of Strickland? I remember first getting the buzz about his potential after the Luke Barnatt fight, and i wasn't on the forums.

Bisping knows him and says he talks alot of smack like himself lol.
According to Bisping: "my friends watched some fights and said when you're commentating, you don't like me," is apparently "talking shit."

Back